Thailand flight waivers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Thailand flight waivers?

I just found this on the internet:

quote CNN.com
People arriving from multiple places in Asia, the Middle East and Europe will be forced to self-quarantine by Thai authorities, the country's Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in a Facebook post Tuesday.
The minister's post said Japan, Germany, South Korea, China "including its special territories Macao and Hong Kong," Taiwan, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran have been declared as "dangerous communicable disease areas."
Anyone traveling from those places will have to self-quarantine for 14 days "with no exceptions," Charnvirakul added.
The measures imposed by the Thai government include isolating or quarantining those with temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit) or with suspicious coronavirus symptoms.
Travelers who have no fever and show no symptoms will still have to enter self-quarantine for 14 days. They will not be allowed to leave their premises unless special permits from Thai authorities are obtained.
I have a 10 day trip to BKK in a few days, just wondering if there is any news on this from AYs side. Flying to BKK and stay in quarantine makes absolutley no sense to me

Quote Bangkok Post:
Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul briefly showed the announcement signed by him on his Facebook page on Tuesday afternoon with a message that all visitors from these countries will be required to quarantine themselves for 14 days with no exceptions. However, the post was deleted minutes later without explanations.
Sorry can not alter the title maybe someone could help?

Last edited by Ed Size; Mar 3, 2020 at 7:16 am
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:16 am

Finland is not mentioned. I guess you are fine with a HEL-BKK ticket?
Ed Size likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
.... - I'm supposed to fly from SIN to BKK on Thursday and back on Friday. Maybe better to stay in SIN?

Nothing (yet) on https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
Ed Size likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
there were several temperature measuring stations set set up at BKK today as I arrived but at immigration they did not even ask ask where I had been in the last 30 days 😃🧐
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Thailand is under military regime so unless mandatory to go now, I’d postpone, never know what they come up with.

As nice country as it is but they are not joking around.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as a precaution I cancelled the BKK trip, will stay SIN instead. 200€ in flight tix are small price to avoid a possible 14days quarantine in TH.

Good thing, too, as biz partner whom I should have met, who were in Korea, is now “stuck” in Ozzie for a while, because they’d quarantine him in TH.
NoWindowSeat and Ed Size like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Thailand is under military regime so unless mandatory to go now, I’d postpone, never know what they come up with.

As nice country as it is but they are not joking around.
Thats why I m asking - it´s Thailand everything is possible there.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Just as a precaution I cancelled the BKK trip, will stay SIN instead. 200€ in flight tix are small price to avoid a possible 14days quarantine in TH..
I think in your case the 14d self-quarantine thing would have happened automatically as SIN is on the short list, no idea if they’d allow people to leave the country earlier but would not make much sense for the quarantine then... Are they still operating to BKK normally from SIN or...?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No info from either airline about not flying (TR & SQ) so the flights seem to operate
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Ed Size
I just found this on the internet:

I have a 10 day trip to BKK in a few days, just wondering if there is any news on this from AYs side. Flying to BKK and stay in quarantine makes absolutley no sense to me

Quote Bangkok Post:

Sorry can not alter the title maybe someone could help?
That's nonsense, don't take local Thai Newspapers too seriously. There are stations to check your temperature when coming from affected regions, no quarantine for tourists from Europe. The iterations of that politic is now watered down to a "advisement for self quarantine" if you have traveled from affected regions.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that OP is from Germany and Germany is listed, it’s not total nonsense. I wouldn’t know how they’d enforce such a quarantine for pax off -AY, but I’m kinda glad I wouldn’t be possibly stuck for two weeks in limbo.

In other news - I forgot to cancel my SQ upgrade bid, which went thru. Non-refundable, so 120€ down the drain. Aargh.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Given that OP is from Germany and Germany is listed, it’s not total nonsense. I wouldn’t know how they’d enforce such a quarantine for pax off -AY, but I’m kinda glad I wouldn’t be possibly stuck for two weeks in limbo.

In other news - I forgot to cancel my SQ upgrade bid, which went thru. Non-refundable, so 120€ down the drain. Aargh.
There was another news the other week when some politician called for punishment for every foreigner not wearing masks. Got retracted shortly as was the call mentioned in this post.

Again, what was said last week has officially been watered down to an advised self quarantine after arrival. No enforcement, no speech or even a note on arrival, nothing.

And I’m German, too.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

My hopes are high that my 90€ upgrade bid on A3 next week will go through - now they need every dime.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Came to Krabi with AY 2 weeks ago. Temperature measured from everyone. Dunno what happened if fever.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I think in your case the 14d self-quarantine thing would have happened automatically as SIN is on the short list, no idea if they’d allow people to leave the country earlier but would not make much sense for the quarantine then... Are they still operating to BKK normally from SIN or...?
The Thai authorities already clarified that SIN is not on the list. That was reported in error.

Of course, as usual press and practice may differ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.