Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Booking Class - how to find and translate into BA Tier Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi,

I'm looking to book LHR - HEL - OULU return, 17th Oct - 18th Oct. BA pricing is coming out at roughly £914, Finnair £614.

1610 LHR - HEL AY1336, then onto OULU AY449
1430 OULU - HEL AY438, then onto LHR AY1341

Through the BA site I can see the booking class (then calculate Tier Points) but I cant find this information on Finnair when I look at the flight details.

Does anyone know how to find this detail? My aim is to see how many Tier Points the booking awards if I book via Finnair instead of BA.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Lokk for something similar in your ticket:

Fare Basis: QVA2NL

In this case Q is the booking class you look for, VA means "Value" (Finnair speak) and NL means it's ex-Netherlands
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Booking class information is visible on Finnair website in the last step of the booking. One needs to enter name and other details and booking class is then shown before entering payment details.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
One thing to remember is that AY flight numbers don't earn any bonus avios with BA gold, but the same flight booked with a BA flight number does earn 100% bonus. I don't think this helps your particular case but i'm often choosing the ticketing/codeshares to take advantages of differences.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by NeilP
Hi,

I'm looking to book LHR - HEL - OULU return, 17th Oct - 18th Oct. BA pricing is coming out at roughly £914, Finnair £614.

1610 LHR - HEL AY1336, then onto OULU AY449
1430 OULU - HEL AY438, then onto LHR AY1341

Through the BA site I can see the booking class (then calculate Tier Points) but I cant find this information on Finnair when I look at the flight details.

Does anyone know how to find this detail? My aim is to see how many Tier Points the booking awards if I book via Finnair instead of BA.
When you get the finnair confirmation email the pdf file with the flight details shows the booking class / fare bucket.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
When you go to book a ticket you can see the booking class on the right - if you change from light -> pro you can see it update instantly.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I am aware that this is an old thread.
For those coming here from Google like me, trying to find out where to find the booking class for an existing Finnair booking: You can view it on the Qantas website.
MaxFlyer and remymartin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.