Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(not) cleared Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:33 am

Seems to be the case. When crisis hit a few weeks back there was indeed wide open availability (at least on a few destinations I checked) but not anymore.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I wonder if R bit into the U availability?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
While there is R on the flights where I've detected U is zeroed, I can't really see the logic. (not that there has to be a logic

If they did connect the upgrade and award to a revenue class, wouldn't it be the cheaper one like R? So I'm guessing they are back to the ordinary system. Release zero U seats and then wait. As departure is getting nearer and waitlist grows, evaluate if and how many seats to be released. Just my 2 öre.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
While there is R on the flights where I've detected U is zeroed, I can't really see the logic. (not that there has to be a logic
Yeah, exactly! It could be that they had manually released U with the previous inventory, but when they switched ticket types, it affected the manual inventory released. Well, it's all just speculation, but indeed there was plenty of U availability before 31MAR.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yes it all changed soon after they cancelled everything until 30/6.

The crazy thing was that upgrades for June flights were confirmed literally days before they were axed.

For future travel U seems very limited again and I would assume it stays like that until there’s a clear path when flights might possibly start again. Makes sense, really, if I was calling the shots at AY I would not confirm a single upgrade/award until flights are resuming. Demand is not going to sky rocket from day1 so plenty of time for bookings later. Flights will be among the last things to resume..unfortunately
Ed Size likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.