Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What do you use amenity kit pouches for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you use amenity kit pouches for?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
If travelling to Japan, definitely take the kit and hand it out as small gift that is often a respected courtesy
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I use the DL Tumi kits as well as the LH kits as cable organizers and what not, the AY ones I simply have laying around in my closet just in case. If a guest staying overnight happens to forget their toothbrush I hand them one of the kits as I don't need that many of them. I carry my toiletries in a ziplock bag for obvious reasons, which would be an innovative idea to provide the pouch in a durable transparent material to re use while going thru security.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I give them to our local women's shelter....they get many each year and are so very thankful---most women show up with nothing but the clothes on their backs with their kids!
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
“You put your weed in it.”
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I use a LH F kit as a compact toiletry bag (after losing OZ F and VN J kits which formerly did the job) and UA Polaris pouches for cables. I have a few LX Victorinox tins that are on standby for miscellaneous use.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I have a (DL) amenity kit in my camera bag with memory cards, lens cleaner, batteries, and charger.
I have used a (JAL) amenity kit for my dopp kit on a quick weekend trip (big enough for a toothbrush, razor, shave soap and brush).
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I've got a few soft pouch ones from AF, EK & AA - most of them are unused but I always use at least one to hold my cables/chargers. I don't always use packing cubes (depends on nature of the trip) but when I do, I often find odd little uses for a couple extra pouches in my checked bag.

DL at one point had a great little rigid case from Tumi that would've been perfect for cables. I didn't grab it on the outbound flight because I thought I'd just get it on the return, and it wasn't the same one.

FI at one point had these ridiculously big hard plastic cases meant to resemble basalt columns. Even though I was just traveling with 1 carry-on I made sure to cram one from each way into my bag as they were just so odd & unique. I use one to store international coins I pick up along my travels.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I carry my toiletries in a ziplock bag for obvious reasons, which would be an innovative idea to provide the pouch in a durable transparent material to re use while going thru security.
SK used to have some 10+ years ago a genius solution - two identical pouches with zippers, velcroed together, one of which was transparent. I still have one in the car (yet another usage) Then thy developped away the concept
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I have one from Qantas that works perfectly for my Garmin GPS and accessories.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by boss315
I give them to our local women's shelter....they get many each year and are so very thankful---most women show up with nothing but the clothes on their backs with their kids!
^ An easy way to do something very nice!

BTW, did we get featured on some list again? A lot of NA friends ended up in these remote parts of the woods to comment on the second life for amenity kits. What are the odds?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I just stack them in our bathroom to annoy the missus.
This. Works surprisingly well too.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
BTW, did we get featured on some list again? A lot of NA friends ended up in these remote parts of the woods to comment on the second life for amenity kits. What are the odds?
The thread seems to be on the Trending Threads list on the front page of Flyertalk forums.

Regarding the question: keep travel stuff in them and give the extras away. Some people actually sell these on Facebook flea markets too, for like 10 euros a piece.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by BearX220
Weird or not, I keep mine for years. On the road they hold cables and dongles, chargers, thumb drives, my voice recorder, razor and small grooming items, etc. At home they store foreign currency, office supplies, business cards, etc. I have 10 or 12 in active use and a whole liquor box more on standby.
I guess this best describes my use of amenity kit bags: to store various small items both at home and while travelling.

I also keep items available for overnighting friends so they can brush their teeth or shave in the morning, etc.

The moisturizers and lip balms I use myself, as well as the mouthwash whenever there's some included (thumbs up, AA!).
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
The sas shoe bag makes an excellent dirty underwear bag
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I also keep items available for overnighting friends so they can brush their teeth or shave in the morning, etc.

On occasion even airline PJs saved the day (or to be correct, the night) with unexpected overnight guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.