Search

Finnair Sales

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Finnair Sales

Hi all,

Thanks to a lengthy delay on Finnair, I'm now in possession of a large Finnair voucher that I'd like to use, ideally on flights to Australia (the FI agent I dealt with confirmed that I could use the vouchers on FI coded flights on other carriers).

I was wondering if Finnair does any sale fares to Australia from the UK or whether I can expect the fares to stay relatively consistent.

In addition, it looks like when I try in break the flight and spend some time in Asia (SIN/HKG/TYO) that this prevents a FI codeshare on the next flight - is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 2, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by skiaplg
Thanks to a lengthy delay on Finnair, I'm now in possession of a large Finnair voucher that I'd like to use, ideally on flights to Australia (the FI agent I dealt with confirmed that I could use the vouchers on FI coded flights on other carriers).
I don't think that Finnair vouchers can be used for flights booked under Icelandair (FI) code.
esledo and quinzinho like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by Some person
I don't think that Finnair vouchers can be used for flights booked under Icelandair (FI) code.
Thank you for this value add comment. Not opposed to pointing something like this out as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but as it is clear for everyone that the OP means Finnair, what is the point of this?
FlyingFinn and on22cz like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deissi
Thank you for this value add comment. Not opposed to pointing something like this out as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but as it is clear for everyone that the OP means Finnair, what is the point of this?
It's indeed very helpful given I mentioned Finnair multiple times and I had a momentary brain freeze forgetting AY is the code for Finnair as the time I got the voucher was the first time I had ever flown them...
Old May 2, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I believe AY vouchers can only be used for AY metal & flight number flights. So as far as I know, you cannot use it on a ticket to Australia.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I’v never seen an AY sale to Ozzy.

The good thing though is that with their codeshare partners you have a number of destinations vis SIN or HKG. I don’t know if there’s a codeshare boy TYO.

look at the fare rules if they allow for stopover in wherever you want to stop - my guess is that many fares would do.

OTOH I’m not sure if you need codeshare to use the voucher- HEL-TYO on AY and TYO- Ozzie on QF or JL might be possible if on 125-stock ticket. I had a HEL-NRT-SYD-SIN-HEL on one ticket with a week’s stopover in Tokyo a few years ago, it was very duifficult to book, in the end I had to use a real travel agent, but she could book it.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by ffay005
I believe AY vouchers can only be used for AY metal & flight number flights. So as far as I know, you cannot use it on a ticket to Australia.
I've been couple of times confirmed that AY flight number is the must, but metal can be different. So Oz should be bookable.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
You can codeshare on AY to Australia (at least) via SIN, HKG, NRT and BKK (done all of that). Mostly QF but also CX.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by juhanh
You can codeshare on AY to Australia (at least) via SIN, HKG, NRT and BKK (done all of that). Mostly QF but also CX.
What AY codeshares are there between NRT and Australia?

I'm aware of these AY codeshares to Australia: 3K/BA/QF from SIN to various places, CX/QF from HKG to various places, JS from KIX to CNS.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OTOH I’m not sure if you need codeshare to use the voucher- HEL-TYO on AY and TYO- Ozzie on QF or JL might be possible if on 125-stock ticket. I had a HEL-NRT-SYD-SIN-HEL on one ticket with a week’s stopover in Tokyo a few years ago, it was very duifficult to book, in the end I had to use a real travel agent, but she could book it.
Thanks for that info - shame to know that they don't tend to do sales for down under, but I suppose I'll try and phone AY to see how I can book this itinerary. If it's not possible, I can always use my vouchers to go somewhere else!

Originally Posted by on22cz
I've been couple of times confirmed that AY flight number is the must, but metal can be different. So Oz should be bookable.
That's great to know, thank you!

Last edited by skiaplg; May 3, 2019 at 5:11 am
Old May 3, 2019, 5:41 am

I'm aware of these AY codeshares to Australia: 3K/BA/QF from SIN to various places, CX/QF from HKG to various places, JS from KIX to CNS.
At least AY5059 (NRT-MEL)
Old May 3, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite

I've been on JQ interline. But there should be now proper JQ codeshares ex-Japan.
Not that I would suggest anybody to fly S*itStar's 788

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.