Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair youth ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Finnair youth ticket

How is the age limit for youth ticket counted? It says it's for 12 - 25 years old, and my birthday is in August 1993 (i.e. passed the 25th birthday but not reached the 26th birthday yet), can I still use one?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You can as long as you complete all segments by August. Often, the price is not very competitive and you're better off booking the cheapest regular fare.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
You can as long as you complete all segments by August. Often, the price is not very competitive and you're better off booking the cheapest regular fare.
I agree youth tickets can be bad value for straight returns. But youth tickets offer cheap oneway tickets (huge advantage on many routes, also longhaul!) and they are always changeable for a fee. When I was still young I saved a lot of money with them and it was a sad day when I turned 26
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by haapalainen
I agree youth tickets can be bad value for straight returns. But youth tickets offer cheap oneway tickets (huge advantage on many routes, also longhaul!) and they are always changeable for a fee. When I was still young I saved a lot of money with them and it was a sad day when I turned 26
I'm considering doing a trip of HKG - ARN (4 days) - HEL (3 days) - HKG, and the price does not seem to be very competitive compared to the regular price.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I loved SAS Youth tickets and was very sad to pass the age limit without having a chance to utilise some LH pricing they have(had). Never found AY's offer that valuable, but if it's in one-way options, then I get it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.