Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Seat & Meal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I'm seeing this offer now for 11000 points on ZRH-HEL-ZRH. The strange thing is that in addition, it now apparently costs 4000 points to select a seat. When did this change, it was always free for plats I thought?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I'm seeing this offer now for 11000 points on ZRH-HEL-ZRH. The strange thing is that in addition, it now apparently costs 4000 points to select a seat. When did this change, it was always free for plats I thought?
This is weird. I was able to change my seat 2 days ago without any extra fees (as Gold) on the same route, except for the seat&meal option.

Last edited by Teppo; Oct 19, 2018 at 8:32 am
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:25 am

It's weird indeed, I haven't seen this before. Either it's a glitch or something has changed and I've missed the memo.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Have you tried to log off your account and proceed with seat selection in your booking? Unless logged in, the website doesn't offer points payment for seat selection, thus the question would be whether it asks you for cash, or lets have it for free.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
Have you tried to log off your account and proceed with seat selection in your booking? Unless logged in, the website doesn't offer points payment for seat selection, thus the question would be whether it asks you for cash, or lets have it for free.
This was while I was doing my seat selection during booking, logged in. This time instead of the usual, it displayed "4000 points" for whatever seat I tried selecting. I didn't go through with it naturally, just in case it was going to really deduct them. After having booked, it gave me the frontmost normal Y seats anyway, right behind the seat&meal seats according to the seatmap.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
This was while I was doing my seat selection during booking, logged in. This time instead of the usual, it displayed "4000 points" for whatever seat I tried selecting. I didn't go through with it naturally, just in case it was going to really deduct them.
I had the same, but since I was not logged in, I didn't bother and selected seats. Nothing was deducted from my account.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:28 am

I called CS the other day about seat selection for an upcoming flight. I had them choose seats for me because the booking is "locked" while I'm waitlisted for upgrade. When I checked my seat selection later they have seated me in a Seat&Meal seat. Is this somekind of IT bug or are they going to give me a meal? :-)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:10 am

I'm thinking Finnair has some IT bugs today. In addition to saying it wants 4000 points for a seat when I was looking, one flight was completely empty on the seat map. Rows 2 and 3 were marked as seat&meal. Implying one row in J which sounds a bit unlikely.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I'm thinking Finnair has some IT bugs today. In addition to saying it wants 4000 points for a seat when I was looking, one flight was completely empty on the seat map. Rows 2 and 3 were marked as seat&meal. Implying one row in J which sounds a bit unlikely.
Depends on the route. I had this "unlikely" case already a few times, so maybe it is not overly unlikely.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I've also travelled in 1-row J setup on a few occassions.

As for the seat-selction, all these anomalies sounds like they are yet again adjusting the "optimal seating" thingy, which we've seen the joys of over a long period of time. Ancillary rules!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Depends on the route. I had this "unlikely" case already a few times, so maybe it is not overly unlikely.
ZRH-HEL is a quite well-traveled route, I don't recall ever having been alone in J. Yesterday J was 6 rows, I have seen it be anywhere from 3 to 11.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I have even flown on a 0 J-row flight with AY. Looked really weird.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I have even flown on a 0 J-row flight with AY. Looked really weird.

Basic things if you fly Greece Islands or other oneclass destinations.

And this morning BUD AY1251 was all economy.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
ZRH-HEL is a quite well-traveled route, I don't recall ever having been alone in J. Yesterday J was 6 rows, I have seen it be anywhere from 3 to 11.
I've seen ZRH-HEL with 1 row of J. On a Friday night.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by florens
I've seen ZRH-HEL with 1 row of J. On a Friday night.
I have seen (and travelled) D95 HEL-ARN with ALL J. On Monday morning.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Oct 20, 2018 at 3:58 pm Reason: fine-tuned route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.