Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas fare codes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Finnair
Qantas fare codes?

A couple of weeks ago I flew with QF from SYD to BNE, using my AY frequent flyer number. Flying economy; I am AY Platinum. I paid cash for the fare, no points used.

The flight just came through to my Finnair Plus account - with a stunning 0 points awarded. I've checked on the Finnair points calculator, and the only ticket classes that award 0 points are P and Z which are upgrade/award classes. All other ticket classes award at least a few points. Unfortunately I can't see any way to work out what fare class I actually had, but since I know it wasn't an upgrade or an award, I think there should be some points awarded.

So, I think something has gone wrong somewhere. Before I chase down a rabbit hole complaining about this, can someone confirm my understanding?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
You should be able to see fare code on your ticket as well as on BP. I flew exactly the same route on fare code O on 23 June and 'whopping' 189 points were credited to my account exactly after one week.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Even the cheapest "red e-deals" (or however they are called) on domestic QF flights should net you those whopping 189 points and a segment.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lento
You should be able to see fare code on your ticket as well as on BP. I flew exactly the same route on fare code O on 23 June and 'whopping' 189 points were credited to my account exactly after one week.
  • The emailed pdf e-ticket from QF does not show the fare booking class
  • In the QF web site "manage my booking" the flights detail tab shows "travel class"
  • On https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...NS&LANGUAGE=GB the "e-ticket receipt" tab will show the "fare basis"
  • The QF boarding pass does not show the fare booking class letter

QF sell an E booking code (discount economy) that with some ffp's earns nil. But due to the cluttered clumsy QF web site cannot access the earning tab now
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qf/e

Edit (may not work)
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...as-and-jetstar

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 1, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
  • The emailed pdf e-ticket from QF does not show the fare booking class
Ok, didn't know that, I have OTA issued ticket and part of ongoing international itinerary. QATAR manage booking is quite good and shows booking classes. OP could try it.

Last edited by lento; Jul 1, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Finnair
Thanks for this. Unfortunately neither QF “manage my booking” nor checkmytrip.com worked for me - the flight was 13.6, so I guess too long ago. However, QF customer service on the phone were surprisingly rapid in answering. Turns out I had an E class fare which is lowest of the low and doesn’t even appear on the AY points calculator.

Not sure if the 0 award is definitively correct but on balance, I don’t think I can be bothered chasing this one.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will be correct. If a fare class is not on the chart nil ff miles
Has been several posts about E class from AA freq flyers & how to avoid.
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas-airways/e (a guide only)
juhanh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.