Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by spek
so, any guideline info, how they are trained by manual?
Purser showed me the latest info some weeks ago when I was asking for the third drink on Y. That was something like "One complimentary drink and snack for Lumo and avec."
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
no magic "beep", but was kindly asked by head purser to sit in J and choose my own seat.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:50 am

Sorry to bother you with the following one but, I recon, found this one a bit amusing myself.

Ms OHKRT headed for a business trip today (AY to Barcelona). Earlier, she has dearly refused to use Finnair-labeled Rimowas as “they draw wrong kind of attention”. Today, she opted for the Lumo Tumi. “It’s nicely low key”, she confirmed. Only later found out she got a random op-up to J. Nuff said.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
And from there start talking about all the cool exotic places you've flown to.
Originally Posted by R2
Like OUL and ARN
Both exotic to 99+% of the world
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by OHKRT
Sorry to bother you with the following one but, I recon, found this one a bit amusing myself.

Ms OHKRT headed for a business trip today (AY to Barcelona). Earlier, she has dearly refused to use Finnair-labeled Rimowas as “they draw wrong kind of attention”. Today, she opted for the Lumo Tumi. “It’s nicely low key”, she confirmed. Only later found out she got a random op-up to J. Nuff said.
If the Lumo Tumi suitcase is the key for opups, anyone want to rent a logoed Tumi bag ?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OHKRT

I'm ready to swap my Lumo Tumi for a Finnair alu Rimowa. PM me if interested
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I'm ready to swap my Lumo Tumi for a Finnair alu Rimowa. PM me if interested
Well, I won’t ask my wife about this but do prefer Rimowas over Tumis myself, too.
napapiiri likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Originally Posted by R2
And from there start talking about all the cool exotic places you've flown to.
Like OUL and ARN
Both exotic to 99+% of the world
If OUL is excotic to your seat mate, you can be pretty sure she is not Erica but in fact Janica.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
12 days into Lumo honeymoon now and I must say that so far AY has, would be unfair to say ”done things wrong”, failed big time to do small easy things right which can have major impact on positive customer experience.

Examples personally: hickup posting of last segments, making Lumo swift rocky (customer waiting for update). Errors on profile then when the swift finally took place (customer confused and freakened). No welcome whatsoever (even if customer knows there is something based on other reports). Welcome gift visible but no way to redeem it nor communication about (customer knows it is a Tumi roller and a link should appear by 10th which is past).
Then, today a call to Lumo line, answered by a Janica that sounded having bad day and I felt being disturbing her with a request. I hang up with mercy thinking all Janicas have one bad day in 30 days just like my wife.

Finally and most importantly. I chose to put all eggs in one basket and chase for Lumo with one reasoning: upgrade vouchers, which have been the most preferred perk of AY for years. The not-clearing downhill of longhaul upgrade vouchers as platinum (aka waitlisting) earlier made me consider that a Lumo would be treates like King and be given clearing anytime there is space in J. FAIL. WRONG THINKING of stupid me. Now again 4 J seats on sale and waitlisted again, just to be told that they cannot release an upgrade when I followup call later still having 4 J seats on sale. And my company disallows buying J so I am at mercy of YtoJ upgrades. It is already 4th time for me now.

Okay rant over and this post might have belonged to ”no way AY”-thread. Anyhow, if this continues like this, my Lumo card will be a memory for future, and back to loyalty diversification strategy.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
12 days into Lumo honeymoon now and I must say that so far AY has, would be unfair to say ”done things wrong”, failed big time to do small easy things right which can have major impact on positive customer experience.
I completely agree on the small things that go wrong all the time. So far I've had the same experience as a Plat Basic would, except for 2 muffins on ATR.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Maybe there is something like a Lumo initial curse. I remember my very first flight as Lumo was one of the worst ever, when everything that could have gone wrong did. No upgrade, plane terribly late, not getting my luggage...

However, after that it's been smooth sailing. Sometimes no different from plat but still good, and sometimes absolutely excellent experiences that make it worth it. It depends on the routes and especially the crew, but perhaps it's been about 50-50 for getting extra special recognition as a Lumo. And one memorable long haul that felt like First class, getting the VIP treatment from start to finish. Let's hope your luck turns around, and good luck with the upgrades! If it's only been a few days I wouldn't worry, Lumos do definitely get the top priority when it comes to upgrades.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Maybe there is something like a Lumo initial curse. I remember my very first flight as Lumo was one of the worst ever, when everything that could have gone wrong did. No upgrade, plane terribly late, not getting my luggage...

However, after that it's been smooth sailing. Sometimes no different from plat but still good, and sometimes absolutely excellent experiences that make it worth it. It depends on the routes and especially the crew, but perhaps it's been about 50-50 for getting extra special recognition as a Lumo. And one memorable long haul that felt like First class, getting the VIP treatment from start to finish. Let's hope your luck turns around, and good luck with the upgrades! If it's only been a few days I wouldn't worry, Lumos do definitely get the top priority when it comes to upgrades.
Maybe it takes some time for new lumos to get that recognizeable glow?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Maybe it takes some time for new lumos to get that recognizeable glow?
Maybe that glow is in the welcome letter that takes a few weeks to come. Traveling with your Tumi definitely increases it as well.
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I dont care about the fancy pamperings tbh. The big picture which about how the implementation of good perks are executed. And quality meter is the final touch how details are done.

In all fairness, after my last post, onboard exotic run now, the FA did come to me first asking ”can I offer you a drink” before cart rolling, which was a stylish touch and first for me. Kudos. But more nicely, she came back soon, after I had ordered those Panda sweeties, handing out the refreshing towel, whispering ”those sweeties can get sticky” with a blink - now That was a nice touch! Therewith - end of rant (however, remaining stressy about those upgrades. I die in Y)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash
I die in Y
What an excellent name for a hip-hop tune
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.