Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I never found the hard pillow any better. For me it is too big.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My transaction page definitely has not looked like this ever before. One unexpected soft perk of Lumo is related to the huge amount of upgrade vouchers (especially if one converts long-haul vouchers to short-haul ones) and I don't want to leave them unused. This made me to book early the flights that I in any case will take until next August. Much better prices when one books already now compared to one month in advance like I have usually done, better planning of especially the holiday times and very little (if any) Finnair short-haul flying in economy during the next eight months.

vulle, SPBanker and Dieselross like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by mhle
My transaction page definitely has not looked like this ever before. One unexpected soft perk of Lumo is related to the huge amount of upgrade vouchers (especially if one converts long-haul vouchers to short-haul ones) and I don't want to leave them unused. This made me to book early the flights that I in any case will take until next August. Much better prices when one books already now compared to one month in advance like I have usually done, better planning of especially the holiday times and very little (if any) Finnair short-haul flying in economy during the next eight months.

Looks like you are going to make again a round the world award that you posted about earlier...

Is it confirmed now that longhaul voucher can be swapped to 4 sh with no issues?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Is it confirmed now that longhaul voucher can be swapped to 4 sh with no issues?
I don't think that changing 1 long-haul voucher to 4 short-haul vouchers is a confirmed benefit, at least I have not seen it documented anywhere. But no problem doing it through customer service. I guess that this is more a soft perk. I saw someone else here mention as well being able to do that. In my case, the customer service just changed 2 long-haul vouchers to 8 short-haul vouchers and I could see the 8 vouchers on my profile and thereafter use them online one by one.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I recently asked about this and got a positive reply. I haven’t done the change yet.
mhle likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: AY+Plat

I have done it. First converted LH voucher to 4 SH and applied to a booking. Had a change of mind and converted the same 4 SH vouchers back to LH.

Actually it was CS who informed me that it is possible due to recent change in policy.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: AY+
Lumo-limo spotted today AY315 to VAA. Two guys took the ride (Not me... maybe some day) You guys here?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tulokas
Lumo-limo spotted today AY315 to VAA. Two guys took the ride (Not me... maybe some day) You guys here?
Lumos are quite frequent on VAA flights, lumo-limo also a frequent sight due to many stand arrivals.
I don't think they are on FT, I guess they are normal people with a lot of work travelling. At least that's my conclusion, never seen anyone here talking about their VAA-runs. I think "idiots" prefer OUL. 😂
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Lumos are quite frequent on VAA flights, lumo-limo also a frequent sight due to many stand arrivals.
I don't think they are on FT, I guess they are normal people with a lot of work travelling. At least that's my conclusion, never seen anyone here talking about their VAA-runs. I think "idiots" prefer OUL. 😂
Well I have got in touch with few Lumos already and asked them if they hang out on FT with answer ”what’s that?”, so I indeed think also that major chunk of Lumos are heavy work travellers.

I would guess there are about 10 Lumos in TMP, 20 in OUL, 10 in TKU, handful in VAA, another handful in rest of Finland (mostly KUO I bet) and some 50 in HEL. Just a wild guess of those 100 if that number has not increased.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:20 am

Well I have got in touch with few Lumos already and asked them if they hang out on FT with answer ”what’s that?”, so I indeed think also that major chunk of Lumos are heavy work travellers.

I would guess there are about 10 Lumos in TMP, 20 in OUL, 10 in TKU, handful in VAA, another handful in rest of Finland (mostly KUO I bet) and some 50 in HEL. Just a wild guess of those 100 if that number has not increased.
There are Lumos even outside of the borders of Finland. Based on this forum, I don't even seem to be the only one residing in Switzerland. And I guess that there are some in places like Stockholm as well.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mhle
I don't even seem to be the only one residing in Switzerland.
And you'd be right. I guess it's only a matter of time until we run into each other.
mhle likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
I don't think they are on FT, I guess they are normal people with a lot of work travelling. At least that's my conclusion, never seen anyone here talking about
their VAA-runs. I think "idiots" prefer OUL. 😂
First time for me to see the lumo-limo, it was funny to see it after read from FT how rare it is

So most of the Lumos don't even enjoy flying that much... Or at least don't fly more for the fun
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I would assume that a substantial portion of the 150–200 (?) Lumos reside outside Finland. If you live in a city with no direct flights to Asia, and need to go there frequently, it's not all that difficult. HAM-HEL-NRT return in J = 50k.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:41 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OTOH, I always had the notion most Lumos are by segments, ie frequent Finland flyers (either domestic or Fin <-> Northern Europe).

For the said Europe based longhauler you need 9 returns yearly (assuming most normal flyers would not do the tier points exchange). That is basically flying longhaul J once a month during the workyear. They absolutely exist and not all of them are bound to LH, AF, KLM or BA by corporate fare contracts, but I don't think they outnumber the shorthaulers with few options beside AY.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I would tend to agree. The few Lumos I have observed all have been segment fliers, connecting to/from
bönde. Please note though that I almost only fly intra-Europe, so that could explain why I observe this pattern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.