Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic seat changes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by teme

Thanks for the correction, meant 7C. Could not get the facts right in my anger mood🙂
Are you flexible? In a similar situation I just rebooked my flight to the next day - free of charge - since I could show them the original assignment. For me that was no big deal, but I prefered it over 7C.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Are you flexible? In a similar situation I just rebooked my flight to the next day - free of charge - since I could show them the original assignment. For me that was no big deal, but I prefered it over 7C.
Unfortenately no flexibility. Originating from Toronto and chose AY over BA to have a better seat (=solo) for the Atlantic crossing. Well, did not work out as planned. I’d hoped that Finnair would have even given a notice of a seat change, but no. Well, better to just suck it up and choose better next time.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

Unfortenately no flexibility. Originating from Toronto and chose AY over BA to have a better seat (=solo) for the Atlantic crossing. Well, did not work out as planned. I’d hoped that Finnair would have even given a notice of a seat change, but no. Well, better to just suck it up and choose better next time.
Hmmm... At least it's a seat with a direct aisle access. In my opinion any seat in AY J is better than in BA J.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Hmmm... At least it's a seat with a direct aisle access. In my opinion any seat in AY J is better than in BA J.
That is true, but still does not justify the seat changes. On BA my chances for first upgrade are reasonable and they tend to stick with the pre book seats. And the timings would have been better with BA on this occasion. But yes, these are minor issues in the end so I stop whining now.

A quick update. Now I have lost my seat assignment altogether and can't do online check in. Maybe they'll dump me of the flight after complaining here

Last edited by teme; Aug 16, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Maybe they'll dump me of the flight after complaining here
Sounds strange. Could they be so heavily overbooked in J (unlikely), or are they carrying some super-special VIPs whose requests they're trying to accommodate? Please report back after your flight. And I hope you'll end up in a good seat!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Sounds strange. Could they be so heavily overbooked in J (unlikely), or are they carrying some super-special VIPs whose requests they're trying to accommodate? Please report back after your flight. And I hope you'll end up in a good seat!
At check in I was appointed 1D, which I though was okay after the seat switching puzzle. However, I happened to mention this to a flight attendant while enjoying my pre departure champagne. She was a bit puzzled why I had been moved from the original seat, but later told me that the seat was given to Finnair Platinum and business class is full. I though that's perfectly fine and right marching order, but wondered why they had decided to move Oneworld Emerald. Maybe all other solo seats were already occupied by Finnair Platinum... I doubt Anyway, after boarding was completed, there was a no show and I was moved to 4A, which had remained empty. This was not only good for me, but also a lady and an child in seat 1H who could then have both 1D and 1H. So, all's well that ends well. Kudos to a great Finnair crew on this flight!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:49 am

Seat selection disappeared

Good day to you all

I booked TLL-HEL-LHR some months ago and reserved seats 18A for TLL-HEL and 6L for HEL-LHR. Few days ago I noticed that I've been moved from 18A to 17A, not a big deal as it's a short hop. Then my seat allocation for HEL-LHR disappeared and get a message that seat will be allocated at check in.
I contacted CS via Live Chat and agent said I can only reserve seats for extra payment or get a random allocation at check in. Tried to point out that I was able to reserve seats FOC while booking; there is no option to pay extra for seat reservation and that I still have seat reserved without a fee for TLL-HEL, but got the same answer that all seat reservations have to be paid for.
I'm not frequent on AY, has there been recent policy change that choosing a seat in J is for a fee? And if so, how my free seat reservation for TLL-HEL still stands even if it's Y?

Thank you all in advance
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
6L sounds like J and so the agent is wrong. Try a new agent for a more appropriate answer. If your ticket is on BA code, they might claim codeshare seat problems but just be persistent.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:04 pm

TLL flights are operated by ATRs. Some of them have 19 rows and some have only 17 rows so this can be the reason. However, on a recent ATR flight I was bumped from17A to 16A. 17A remained free. The only explanation could be that the Person sitting in17B was a Lumo and I’m a only a lowly OWE.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:26 am

Thank you u for your answers. Problem seemed to be it was BA codeshare. Took them long time at airport check in but finally got both BPs with my original seat selections.
On a sidenote, while waiting for my flight I heard a boarding call to HEM from gate 18, which I believe is a non Schengen gate. Must have been private charter?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by flyslow
On a sidenote, while waiting for my flight I heard a boarding call to HEM from gate 18, which I believe is a non Schengen gate. Must have been private charter?
Airveteran DC-3 to Malmi Airfield.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.