Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Aurinkomatkat package with AY scheduled flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ffay005
Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include scheduled flights (AY0000–AY1999) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, these book into A and earn 25 % AY+ points; fare basis AALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in business class, these book into I and earn 200 % AY+ points; fare basis IALWSURT; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable

These flights can also be credited to other FFPs and in those programmes, earn points/miles based on the booking class.

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages are always in economy class. If you book flight+hotel, you may upgrade with money to business class if you're on a widebody and if there's availability. If you upgrade with money at the time of booking, your ticket will show I class.

Like on any AY scheduled flights, you may upgrade Aurinkomatkat economy class A tickets to business using points or vouchers (in which case your booking class will be U and earnings will be according to A).

Aurinkomatkat flight only packages and flight+hotel packages that include charter flights (AY2000–AY2500) earn AY+ points as follows:
• in economy class, you will earn 1000 points for a return shorthaul ticket (Europe, Canaries, Middle East); you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• in economy class, you will earn 4000 points for a return longhaul ticket; you will also earn tier bonus if applicable
• business class is not available

These flights cannot be credited to other FFPs.

It is okay to book a flight+hotel package and not use the hotel. Inform the AM holiday rep on arrival.
Print Wikipost

Aurinkomatkat package with AY scheduled flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash

+1.
But I cannot see reading on my mobile phone if this luxury package also includes Forenom hostel bunk for 6 nights?
I first thought about a direct return and come back just in time to use the return flight. But those tickets from GOI are expensive.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Very good value, 1125€ J return ^^
Actually it's below 1100€ if 2 sharing 1 room in Alor Holiday Hotel

Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AY LUMO
And more:
16,67€ more off if 3 adults sharing 1 room like Cistavoda sleeping in extra bed

cistavoda likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And more:
16,67€ more off if 3 adults sharing 1 room like Cistavoda sleeping in extra bed
So it's LGG, intuition and cistavoda going GOI now? Oh dear god...
intuition likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I booked a last-minute flight only deal to LPA via AM last night, leaving in a few hours.

AM doesn't issue a ticket, but AY site "send e-ticket receipt" works. The ticket shows the fare basis as AALWSURT. It also shows taxes and even an YR charge of 86 euros. Grand Total is BT Fare (bulk travel??).

Expecting 25 % points for the flights, as well as 155 award points for the ticket purchase.

And during the night, AM published a two-night last-minute flight-only deal to DXB 06DEC-08DEC for 145 euros. Would definitely have chosen this since the lounges are a lot nicer, there's a slight possibility to upgrade with points and I'm going to LPA again for Christmas. I miss the butter chicken at Hyatt Regency in Deira. Oh well, first world problems...
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:54 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
I booked a last-minute flight only deal to LPA via AM last night, leaving in a few hours.

AM doesn't issue a ticket, but AY site "send e-ticket receipt" works. The ticket shows the fare basis as AALWSURT. It also shows taxes and even an YR charge of 86 euros. Grand Total is BT Fare (bulk travel??).

Expecting 25 % points for the flights, as well as 155 award points for the ticket purchase.

And during the night, AM published a two-night last-minute flight-only deal to DXB 06DEC-08DEC for 145 euros. Would definitely have chosen this since the lounges are a lot nicer, there's a slight possibility to upgrade with points and I'm going to LPA again for Christmas. I miss the butter chicken at Hyatt Regency in Deira. Oh well, first world problems...
I try to hold my horses with AM last minute offers to KBV. At the moment they have a mass-tourism trip for a week including a decent room for 935€/person, including inbound AY156 in paid business.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HJP
I try to hold my horses with AM last minute offers to KBV. At the moment they have a mass-tourism trip for a week including a decent room for 935€/person, including inbound AY156 in paid business.
Let your horses roam free... That’s an excellent deal! You’ll get full J points for the inbound leg, too. And you can always try to upgrade the outbound with points/voucher.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
[QUOTE=ffay005;31798403
And during the night, AM published a two-night last-minute flight-only deal to DXB 06DEC-08DEC for 145 euros. Would definitely have chosen this since the lounges are a lot nicer, there's a slight possibility to upgrade with points and I'm going to LPA again for Christmas. I miss the butter chicken at Hyatt Regency in Deira. Oh well, first world problems...[/QUOTE]

DXB Dropped to 130 euros.

https://www.aurinkomatkat.fi/akkilah...biemiirikunnat
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miikkak
Dämn good deal. I cannot go too sad.

is this AM good place to watch for last minute AY flights?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Yes, but obivously destinations and dates are very limited (and sometimes the prices aren't very attractive).

They mosly offer LPA, TFS, BKK, occasionally DXB (I think this is the first 2-day DXB offer this season) and some other destinations. I've seen BKK for approx. 375 euros, which is a good deal if you aren't bothered by the meagre points accrual.

Most lastminute deals are one-week packages with hotels included, or one week flight deals. For a solo traveller, the package deals are usually of poor value because AM by default wants to sell their packages to two people sharing a room, and the additional charges for a single room are steep.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Ok, thx ffay.
so these are okay for last minute itch, since AY offers nada. Except OUL and ARN but I have got allergy to those by now and avoiding them for some time
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:06 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Let your horses roam free... That’s an excellent deal! You’ll get full J points for the inbound leg, too. And you can always try to upgrade the outbound with points/voucher.
Better to keep your horses calm, wait and save some money. Now the price to KBV is 885€/person, earning 23000 tier points as Gold or 25000 as Plat.

Edit: Or was it only 25% tier points for AM long-haul flights in Y?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikkak
Now only one seat left...

BKK 375 euros, 05DEC or 06DEC.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HJP
Better to keep your horses calm, wait and save some money. Now the price to KBV is 885€/person, earning 23000 tier points as Gold or 25000 as Plat.

Edit: Or was it only 25% tier points for AM long-haul flights in Y?
At least my LPA was in A inventory -> 25 %. Points haven't posted yet.

It's a bit bizarre that when you click on the "compare business class to economy class" link on the AM page, they claim 200/100 % points. It'd be interesting to book a destination where they operate a widebody and offer J upgrades, book Y and complain about the 25 % afterwards...
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Dämn good deal. I cannot go too sad.

Apollomatkat has sometimes cheaper last minute flights to beach destinations. Usually the best last minute deals are sold in January, May, August, at the end November and during the first 1-2 weeks of December.
remymartin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.