Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair lounges at Heathrow & Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Hi

I'm flying in Business tomorrow from Heathrow to Hong Kong via Helsinki.

Just looking on the Finnair website, I see it says they use the No 1 Lounge at Heathrow, which I'm not a fan of.

As Finnair and Cathay both use Terminal 3 and are both OneWorld, can I use the Cathay Lounge instead, or is it the No 1 Lounge or nothing?

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the Plaza Premium Lounge they use at Hong Kong? Again, I'd rather use the Cathay Lounge if possible.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:02 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
As BA Silver you can use any OW J lounge both at LHR and HKG. I'd recommend CX lounges at both.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
As I mentioned in the now closed thread on the BA forum the No.1 lounge was a temporary arrangement when the CX lounge was closed.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm sure you'll find this thread useful. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...-opinions.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:20 am

In HKG, you can use any OW lounge, they might send you to the Plaza Premium but don't go to it, you can access any OW J lougne with BA Silver or J class BP. HKG is a great place for lounge hopping with 6 OW J lounges, 2 F lounges and the Plaza Premium.

If I were you, I would head straight to The Pier J. The Bridge and the Qantas lounge are also excellent.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by jah718
In HKG, you can use any OW lounge, they might send you to the Plaza Premium...
Earlier this week in HKG the check-in staff were sending people to the QF lounge. The boarding pass still referred to the Plaza Premium, but they said it was wrong info.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
AY was only sending it's pax to No.1 when the CX lounge was closed for upgrade. Now that the lounge has reopened this is the assigned lounge for AY pax. You can also go to AA/BA,but they are dumps (especially the latter) in comparison to CX,so don't waste your time.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Earlier this week in HKG the check-in staff were sending people to the QF lounge. The boarding pass still referred to the Plaza Premium, but they said it was wrong info.
This is exactly what I've been told by travellers last week too. Check-in staff manually altered the lounge invite, from Plaza Premium to QF lounge and explained how to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.