Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TKM&S Elite
LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Hi All,

I'm off to SIN via HEL (there is a joke in there somewhere!) next week, and saw that the Cathay lounge is now closed for a big refurb. I used that once before, but generally use the BA Galleries First lounge whenever I travel through T3. Have people used the No1. Lounge which AY are offering as the alternative to the Cathay lounge, and what are people's opinions...or maybe I should just try both ;-)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I would not say that No.1 is bad. In fact, I switched from overcrowed and working power socket-challenged BA Galleries J lounge to No.1 earlier this week.

But it won't stand the comparison with an F lounge. You probably should use BA's.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I would suggest you go to the BA lounge if you're familiar with it and satisfied with it.

I've only been to No.1 once. It was crowded and felt like a zoo. Of course, this might depend on the time of day and day of week but I can hardly believe it would beat the BA lounge even on a good day. And I've only been to the BA J side.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by batteryboy_uk
Hi All,

I'm off to SIN via HEL (there is a joke in there somewhere!)
Yeps, there is. If you did a CPH-HEL-SIN, you could even be on flight 666 to HEL

At T3 just use the BA GF lounge.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:54 am
Suspended

You also have access to the AA lounge, right?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TKM&S Elite
Thanks @WilcoRoger, that made me chuckle.

Think I will stick to Galleries First, although if I am early enough I might have a little nosey at the No1 Lounge.

mpkz - Yes, although I've frequented enough Admiral Lounges when I am Stateside to learn to avoid them given a choice, albeit I know outside of the US they are often better (and I did use the AA Lounge in T3 once when I needed good wifi!)
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by batteryboy_uk
Thanks @WilcoRoger, that made me chuckle.

Think I will stick to Galleries First, although if I am early enough I might have a little nosey at the No1 Lounge.

mpkz - Yes, although I've frequented enough Admiral Lounges when I am Stateside to learn to avoid them given a choice, albeit I know outside of the US they are often better (and I did use the AA Lounge in T3 once when I needed good wifi!)
I wouldn't write off the AA lounge. I have never used the regular lounge at LHR but the Flagship lounge has always served me well. If the BA GF lounge is busy it is worth a go in my opinion.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yeps, there is. If you did a CPH-HEL-SIN, you could even be on flight 666 to HEL

At T3 just use the BA GF lounge.
You must be perusinsinööri Veijo Miettinen!

Go SIN through HEL riding on 666. Man. I get superstitious.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Add in when friday and number thirteen aligns. That story hits the news every now and then.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3919701.html
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Borrowing the thread, if I'm flying AA to LAX with a business ticket and AY Gold card, what is my best lounge choice?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:45 am
Suspended

Borrowing it as well, because while I've been to all three lounges (CX, AA, BA), I only recently made OWE so I don't know how GF compares to Flagship. Which is better for breakfast as a OWE? AA or BA GF? Will be flying AA so no access to AY's contract lounge unfortunately
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It divides opinions. My suggestion - try both
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:24 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I don't know if there is much of a difference, but for me GF is better for both food and wines.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The CX F lounge was good for Veuve Clicquot and noodles.

The BA GF is a comfortable space with OK food and reasonable wine, champagne and spirits.

There was a recent comment in a BA FT thread that mentioned that the food in the AA Flagship lounge was better than BA GF, although the wines were not as good. I have not been there.

I have not been to T3 since he additional flights were added, so do not know how busy it has become.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:34 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
T3 Flounge is nowadays populated, havenīt seen crowded though. Used to be deserted. Good selection of drinks and food. Wear and tear begins to show but not as badly as in T5 CCR. Bathrooms quite often filthy. No better OW lounge alternatives there, however, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.