Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
can I use a voucher (money) for upgrading a flight or only to book new flights?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I post it here, as it could catch some interest: Redeeming miles now possible on Air Baltic flights (marketed and operated)
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Jainzar
The upgrade adds one baggage allowance and OWS adds one baggage allowance.

So with the original ticket having a baggage allowance of one it totals to a baggage allowance of three.
Also interestingly increases the maximum weight of all bags to 32kg each
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:15 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
On a Business Light fare from LHR to Asia, what do I get as BA Silver = OW Sapphire?

I believe I would get 1 checked bag and lounge access. Fast track at LHR should be ok, but maybe not at HEL (if I want to exit airside)?

Would I get free seat selection?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
At this point, do we know if the November schedule is finalized, at least to and from North America? I have a LAX-ARN round trip and need to book positioning flights. I believe I saw a posting elsewhere on this forum with the days the LAX flights would be operating but I also haven't had a schedule change on my itinerary since March or April, so I was wondering if further changes may be forthcoming.

Also, I booked flights to CHQ for next summer, and noted the plane was an all economy configured 321. I knew AY flew an all economy ATR, but didn't realize they also flew all economy 321's. Is this typical for this route?

Thank you in advance for any insight.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by work2fly
At this point, do we know if the November schedule is finalized, at least to and from North America? I have a LAX-ARN round trip and need to book positioning flights. I believe I saw a posting elsewhere on this forum with the days the LAX flights would be operating but I also haven't had a schedule change on my itinerary since March or April, so I was wondering if further changes may be forthcoming.

Also, I booked flights to CHQ for next summer, and noted the plane was an all economy configured 321. I knew AY flew an all economy ATR, but didn't realize they also flew all economy 321's. Is this typical for this route?

Thank you in advance for any insight.
You should be safe for November, but AY can axe the ARN any time i guess.

CHQ is "masstourism" destination and it will be full Y. Anyway all AY narrowbodies are full Y configuration with J being just blocked middle seat.
work2fly likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by :D!
On a Business Light fare from LHR to Asia, what do I get as BA Silver = OW Sapphire?

I believe I would get 1 checked bag and lounge access. Fast track at LHR should be ok, but maybe not at HEL (if I want to exit airside)?

Would I get free seat selection?
1 checked bag, lounge access, fast track at both LRH and HEL and seat selection are all perks of OW sapphire status. You can enjoy all of them even on a light ticket on Finnair.
:D! likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Please excuse the simple question. Very occasional Finnair flyer here. I have LIS to HEL in business light which allows 0PCS ofcheck-in baggage. However I am BA Gold, OW Emerald which grants additional baggage. Does that benefit still apply on a light ticket, or is Finnair like Lufthansa in refusing it? Their website only mentions Finnair status allowances.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I have LIS to HEL in business light which allows 0PCS ofcheck-in baggage. However I am BA Gold, OW Emerald which grants additional baggage. Does that benefit still apply on a light ticket, or is Finnair like Lufthansa in refusing it?
Status perks apply regardless of the ticket type. So also in Light your baggage allowance is raised by one.
Venezuela-Miami and Tafflyer like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Please excuse the simple question. Very occasional Finnair flyer here. I have LIS to HEL in business light which allows 0PCS ofcheck-in baggage. However I am BA Gold, OW Emerald which grants additional baggage. Does that benefit still apply on a light ticket, or is Finnair like Lufthansa in refusing it? Their website only mentions Finnair status allowances.
or like ba you may add since they dont play nice either on light fares and status 😆 unless they have recently changed course, I rarely fly ba to be fair
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by Jorma
You should be safe for November, but AY can axe the ARN any time i guess.
work2fly Looks like AY cancelled ARN flights for winter season according to post on other thread.
Nothing official from AY as of now (11am Finnish time), but as IATA winter starts from end of October, you might be in for a rerouting.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Jorma
work2fly Looks like AY cancelled ARN flights for winter season according to post on other thread.
Nothing official from AY as of now (11am Finnish time), but as IATA winter starts from end of October, you might be in for a rerouting.
Thankfully our travel is leisure and we have flexibility. We actually have two separate tickets, one for the LAX-ARN round trip, and one for ARN-HEL-LHR round trip. We intentionally scheduled more than 24 hours in ARN each way in case something like this happened, and paid a little extra to avoid the light fare on the ARN to LHR ticket.. We wouldn't be too disappointed if we had to drop ARN entirely and spend a few days in HEL instead, but we will wait to see what happens with the schedules.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:23 am

Does anyone know what the cancellation fees are for award booking for AY Plat, AY Gold and AY Basic?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Panix
Does anyone know what the cancellation fees are for award booking for AY Plat, AY Gold and AY Basic?
€50,-
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Panix
You will get all your points back. In addition, you will get all taxes above the amount of 50 EUR. AY keeps the rest, but won't charge you anything. Say taxes were 30 EUR, your fee is 30 EUR. Taxes 75 EUR, you will get 25 EUR back and AY keeps the rest.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.