Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Chicago flights [and Chicago lounges]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago flights [and Chicago lounges]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I was refused entry to the BA lounge ORD T5 yesterday. OWE flying AY J to HEL. Aware it’s not the published AY lounge at ORD but under OW rules I should have been given access. Capacity was not the issue (BA was boarding), the lounge manager was summoned and said I should talk to AY as it was their decision that their passengers didn’t get access. I don’t think that’s true somehow.....
Yeah, not true.
Originally Posted by oneWorld Lounge Search
British Airways Club / First Lounge
(ORD) O'Hare International Airport Terminal 5
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ORD

This is classic BA bull, albeit they seem to have changed the "loung is full" argument (which easily can be debunked) to this "blame-Finnair" argument. More difficult to see through. But both airlines are in oneWorld and are bound to offer lounge to each other's passengers. Sadly, there is no enforcement mechanism within oneworld so BA gets away with this attitude.
Trav1970 and Princess fiona like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I was refused entry to the BA lounge ORD T5 yesterday. OWE flying AY J to HEL. Aware it’s not the published AY lounge at ORD but under OW rules I should have been given access. Capacity was not the issue (BA was boarding), the lounge manager was summoned and said I should talk to AY as it was their decision that their passengers didn’t get access. I don’t think that’s true somehow.....
Last year I came from T3 with no time to go to the great Flagship Lounge so after taking the bus to the hideous T5 I wanted to kill 20 minutes in the BA Terraces lounges. Same BS story again that "We are closing soon" and "This lounge isn't for AY". She even tried to say I am not flying AY but AA as my bp was printed on AA stock Flight was boarding shortly anyway and I needed the document check and reprint so I headed to the gate where Priority boarding was done properly without the "Families with small children" sh*tshow.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
This is the normal story at the BA lounge in ORD, they only let you in if you have a BA boarding pass - once I was discussing with them about the OneWorld Rules and a certain point they just told me if I don t leave they calling security. After I ve been in that lounge when I was on BA I don t see a reason to go there again - one of the worst lounges I ve ever been to.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:37 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Ed Size
This is the normal story at the BA lounge in ORD, they only let you in if you have a BA boarding pass - once I was discussing with them about the OneWorld Rules and a certain point they just told me if I don t leave they calling security. After I ve been in that lounge when I was on BA I don t see a reason to go there again - one of the worst lounges I ve ever been to.
Thanks, now I don't feel so bad!
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Has ORD BA lounge changed tune? Are they accepting the OW agreement?

Do Finnair business passengers still only have access to the AF/KLM lounge? I noticed on my Finnair app that they highlight the BA lounge on the terminal map in ORD.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Lunamoth
Do Finnair business passengers still only have access to the AF/KLM lounge? I noticed on my Finnair app that they highlight the BA lounge on the terminal map in ORD.

Thanks in advance
Sadly still the case. The BA Lounge is highlighted as its standard to show available OW lounges.
Lunamoth likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Thanks in advance
There is no longer any AF/KL lounge at ORD. It's history, closed down.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I see that Finnair lists the BA lounge in their terminal map on the App, but also know that AF/KLM lounge had been the Finnair lounge in ORD in years past. Has that changed?
Unless your flight is destined to travel back in time, you won't be making use of an AF/KL lounge at ORD. The AF/KL lounge is not around any longer.

Unless and until the BA lounge at ORD is open, I'd probably again end up at the boring -- but now too often packed -- Swissport lounge. Not sure what arrangements AY has at ORD nowadays, since I haven't flown AY out of there in quite some time.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is no longer any AF/KL lounge at ORD. It's history, closed down.
wow thats sad so there is only swissport then? I find it VERY odd that ba would refuse all Finnair flyers in a situation where theres little alternatives
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Unless your flight is destined to travel back in time, you won't be making use of an AF/KL lounge at ORD. The AF/KL lounge is not around any longer.

Unless and until the BA lounge at ORD is open, I'd probably again end up at the boring -- but now too often packed -- Swissport lounge. Not sure what arrangements AY has at ORD nowadays, since I haven't flown AY out of there in quite some time.
Thanks all.

The BA lounge at ORD did indeed open up again.

When I travel next week, I’ll go in expecting Swissport but make like Don Quixote and try logic to convince BA that the OW site clearly states that they should accept AY J customers.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Did we have someone here go to ORD/Swissport, where the friendly agent suggested that BA is nicer and actually walked him there to secure access? Or was it some other US airport?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Did we have someone here go to ORD/Swissport, where the friendly agent suggested that BA is nicer and actually walked him there to secure access? Or was it some other US airport?
I thought it was at GVA and not the US?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Oh yeah! GVA it was.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Ord T5 is a rather drab experience if all these lounges are gone...

Last time I was there the PP lounge was at capacity thus not taking pax in...
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by kauppias
Ord T5 is a rather drab experience if all these lounges are gone...

Last time I was there the PP lounge was at capacity thus not taking pax in...
To add insult to injury SK lounge is still 'temporarily' closed due to COVID (huh) and KE lounge that still survived is now a duty free storage (huh).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.