Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chinese 72h TWOV ex-HEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Grenada is one of those small islands for which you can get a passport easily, all you need to do is a business investment. So if you have a few hundred thousand of spare cash lying around, that's an easy way to get visa free access to China.
ffay005, cistavoda and Superrman like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Grenada is one of those small islands for which you can get a passport easily, all you need to do is a business investment. So if you have a few hundred thousand of spare cash lying around, that's an easy way to get visa free access to China.
Most of the countries in post 59 are similar.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
Life would be easier if we had the 10-year visas (or at least five-year visas) that are now obtainable for US citizens.
U.S also give Chinese 10 years multi entry visa , Schengen does not.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Are there time limits that restrict how often you can apply for TWOV?

Specifically, if I buy HEL-CAN-HEL from AY and CAN-SIN-CAN from SQ, stay at SIN for a week, and want to overnight at CAN both ways, would this be possible?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I have not heard of any limits. I suppose if your passport gets too full of Chinese arrival visas, it might become a problem, but not with just two of them.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Are there time limits that restrict how often you can apply for TWOV?

Specifically, if I buy HEL-CAN-HEL from AY and CAN-SIN-CAN from SQ, stay at SIN for a week, and want to overnight at CAN both ways, would this be possible?
I did last year HEL-CAN-HEL on AY and CAN-NRT, HND-CAN on NH with a week in Tokyo. No problem with TWOV in CAN both ways (except that on the first arrival it took over two hours for the Chinese immigration to process the TWOV).
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by r2d2
I did last year HEL-CAN-HEL on AY and CAN-NRT, HND-CAN on NH with a week in Tokyo. No problem with TWOV in CAN both ways (except that on the first arrival it took over two hours for the Chinese immigration to process the TWOV).
I did 72h TWOV after HEL-CAN(-HKG); it was very smooth. The passport-checking lady knew what she was doing, and in a couple of minutes I was out.

Very different experience the previous time on TPE-XIY(-HEL), were I was indeed the very last passenger admitted, and the staff did not seem to expect TWOV from a CI flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.