Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Economy Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Upgrade to Economy Comfort

Dear flyers

I have a question regarding an upgrade from Economy to Economy comfort with Finnair.

When I bought tickets, I did pre select seats and paid about 50 Euros one way 3 persons (BKK flight) for pre selection. Now Finnair app offers an upgrade for 225 Euros to comfort one way and we would like to try it on a350xwb.

Does that mean we kind of loose those 50 Euros we paid for seat selection?

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I hope the 225€ is for all 3. It's asolutely not worth your money if it's per passenger.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY usually sells the Economy Comfort seats for about €90 a piece for oneway flights. So if they offer €225 for one person, don't bother. If it's for all three, then I would call AY and ask what happens with the 3 x €50 you already paid.

I remember having seen something about refunds in cases where people have upgraded to J. But I'm not quite sure so don't quote me on this. Theoretically, at least, it could be possible that they've already taken the €150 paid into account when making the offer (thus trying to sell three Y+ seats for €375, which doesn't sound credible if it's for oneway).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
I remember having seen something about refunds in cases where people have upgraded to J. But I'm not quite sure so don't quote me on this. Theoretically, at least, it could be possible that they've already taken the €150 paid into account when making the offer (thus trying to sell three Y+ seats for €375, which doesn't sound credible if it's for oneway).
I once bought Y+ seat for 15k points but later upgraded to J with vouchers - AY refunded the points. No experience with real money though.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Thank you guys for your replies.
I've now purchased Economy to Economy Comfort upgrade for 225 eur (2 adults+1child BKK-HEL) and Finnair replied that they will refund me those 50 Euros I have paid for seats. Neat!

Last edited by Mariliis; Apr 26, 2018 at 7:11 am Reason: Mispell
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:06 am

Thank you for posting about this, I also have the same question.
Mariliis likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thank you for reporting back, valuable information for us all!
Mariliis likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Riding on this thread. I assume Comfort is not part of the Y "Pro" fare but it's additional to any Y fare I purchase? Besides the seat, what else comes with the comfort package?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Riding on this thread. I assume Comfort is not part of the Y "Pro" fare but it's additional to any Y fare I purchase? Besides the seat, what else comes with the comfort package?
A small Marimekko amenity kit, 1 hour of internet and you will get at least into boarding group 2.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by Chromie25
also priority security check and noise cancellation headphone on board.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Clydez
also priority security check and noise cancellation headphone on board.
Isn’t priority security just for Pro fares?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:05 am

I've been sent to this thread and from the above, it looks like if I paid $100 for a seat +WiFi as Travel Extras on an Economy flight, then later take the offer to purchase an upgrade to Business, I could possibly cancel/reclaim those extras.Just a bit nervous of filling the online refund form in case I 'upset' the exiating long haul booking. Which process have you guys used to reclaim a not needed Extras fee?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Be aware that on DXB wide body flights Economy Comfort is 65 euros but You get only extra legspace. No 30 min free wi-fi, no noise cancelling headphones and no amenity kit.

FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
At least on the A350 flights to LHR I have gotten the free wifi when sitting in economy comfort.
On a related topic I'm not sure if it's because of aircraft change A350 -> A330 or high predicted loads in economy but the online check-in for my HEL-LHR flight last week didn't show economy comfort at all and all seats were open to all passengers. Those who paid for economy comfort would needlessly have paid. I knew this happens when the plane gets full (they will not leave empty economy comfort seats just because people have not paid the extra) but I didn't realise the economy comfort icon and explanation totally disappears from the online check in seat map (you should remember which rows it covers in this situation so that you pick one of the free economy comfort seats instead of a regular seat)
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Platinum's family member with separate booking gets Eco Comfort seat free on same flight, just contact CS and they will fix it.
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.