Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
One rant here.
Today, I have received three messages about possibility to change flights in MMB. Visited AY website, tried to log in, got an error page.
About couple of hours later, I tried few reservations fulfilling AY conditions, but none had the change option in MMB. I remember there were some discussions about the necessity of being logged in to AY+ account. So I tried to follow the advice.
Logging in on the new page, opening list of own reservations, trying to open one, seeing just white screen. Back to home page, second round, reservation opened on the old version, but logged off. Trying to log in, no response. Back to home page, going to the old version, logging in, opening a reservation, and guess what? Yes, I was logged off. Trying to log in, nothing happened.
Had enough.

I did also try to contact CS for rerouting options on one of my bookings. The agent took quite a while to verify I was right when stating my AY flight was cancelled. She called back to confirm it was indeed cancelled, but no rerouting would be offered. I decided HUACA another day would be the best thing to do.
Meanwhile, I checked their website, and yes, it only mentions rerouting possibility if you have received a message about cancellation. So your flight can be cancelled, they may confirm the cancellation, but apparently nobody will help to secure new seats on available flights until they manage to send a message.

I understand it's not an easy time for them. However, what could have taken 10 minutes, took over half an hour and will take more in the future.
Rant over.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Overcrowded lounges

Lounge overcrowding stems from the same problem as overcrowding in the airport in general: bad architecture. A single incredibly narrow passageway forms the entire terminal. It’s so full that it’s impossible to walk. It’s worse than ant tunnels. The Schengen lounge is too narrow. For large amounts of people more space is needed as at SIN or HKG or any other well designed airport. Just relocate the shops out of the way to make more space at the ATC tower corner of HEL where also the lounge is situated.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Lounge overcrowding stems from the same problem as overcrowding in the airport in general: bad architecture. A single incredibly narrow passageway forms the entire terminal. It’s so full that it’s impossible to walk. It’s worse than ant tunnels. The Schengen lounge is too narrow. For large amounts of people more space is needed as at SIN or HKG or any other well designed airport. Just relocate the shops out of the way to make more space at the ATC tower corner of HEL where also the lounge is situated.
In case you haven't noticed, there is construction ongoing. The airside area will become larger (the current landside area will become airside).

When HEL was built, there were fewer passengers and the space was ok, but then the passenger numbers increased and eventually the space was not sufficient anymore.

https://www.finavia.fi/en/about-fina...ment-programme

Another "issue" is that AY essentially has two banks (any hub has a number of banks) and during this time the amount of passengers at the airport is much larger than the rest of the day.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Finnhansa
First of all I'd like to start by stating that I understand, this are special times for refunds and airlines in general.

I had booked Eco super tickets which I cancelled few days prior to the flight: I would assume that since there are fully flexible tickets that the refund process should be automated and work like a charm. Seems that it's not the case. It has been now more than 4 weeks from my cancellation and no refund yet. I have already emailed Finnair a week ago, but no answers. What are your experiences, how fast Finnair is usually with refunds? I fly nearly always LH and their flexible tickets refund process seems to be automated: no extra applications and the money appears on your account in few days.
Still no refund. I'm starting to wonder will I even get it back. Customer service sees that the refund request has been submitted but they can't comment anything on the schedule. Ei näin.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Finnhansa
Still no refund. I'm starting to wonder will I even get it back. Customer service sees that the refund request has been submitted but they can't comment anything on the schedule. Ei näin.
They're really slow, but you'll get it back. Just make a post-it note or whatever and put it on your desk so you won't forget about it. And throw it away when you see the refund on your statement. That's what I've done, and now I don't have to keep checking every day.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:46 am

Another silent partner hotel vouchers devaluation. Sokos price went up. Scandic went up and has been split into two categories. While the changes are minor, the direction is clear and rather demotivating. Instead of seeing some incentives to spend points and money, we are seeing "enhancements". Little by little and played like hide and seek.
esledo likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
No more Plat email? This came from Finnair Platinum <[email protected]> I blurred all personal details of agent etc if you are wondering why no signature.

Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Furry
No more Plat email? This came from Finnair Platinum <[email protected]> I blurred all personal details of agent etc if you are wondering why no signature.
You sent your message from the email address you have on your AY+ profile? I'm seeing the lumo address still on my profile's benefits section.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Let's hope Janica just attached the wrong signature to her email.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I had email reply from Plat e-mail 6 days ago with number and address in footer, so very much alive IME.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Be careful with the Business Classic Campaign promo. Not as flexible as you’d think it is.

Today I tried changing my flight via Manage My Booking and was quoted a €616 change fee. The business class campaign is still running and I could find the exact same flight for the dates I wanted to change to for just €347 (exactly what I paid for my original flight).

There was also still plenty of availability in the original fare class also.

I called with CS and at first I got some story saying I cannot change my flight anymore as it’s less than 7 days away. Then I told her: but it’s a changeable ticket...... there is availability in the original fare class, and there is no price difference. All there should be is a €70 penalty as I’m within the 7 days.

She looked again but then confirmed the change fee would be €616. I asked her to check with her manager which she did and got again confirmed the change fee is €616. She said she can indeed see there is plenty of availability in the original R and B fare classes on the new date, but I’d still need to pay because “the campaign price is no longer available” and some other vague reasons like “you booked for a different campaign”. While the campaign is still up and running and that fare and price is still available.

Manage My Booking wont let you change into Business Campaign. Instead a Business Classic or Flex fare is offered.

We weren’t getting anywhere and I was told to file a complaint if I think they are wrong. And hell yes I did. I feel deceived.... meanwhile I obviously haven’t changed my flight.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Be careful with the Business Classic Campaign promo. Not as flexible as you’d think it is.

Today I tried changing my flight via Manage My Booking and was quoted a €616 change fee. The business class campaign is still running and I could find the exact same flight for the dates I wanted to change to for just €347 (exactly what I paid for my original flight).

There was also still plenty of availability in the original fare class also.

I called with CS and at first I got some story saying I cannot change my flight anymore as it’s less than 7 days away. Then I told her: but it’s a changeable ticket...... there is availability in the original fare class, and there is no price difference. All there should be is a €70 penalty as I’m within the 7 days.

She looked again but then confirmed the change fee would be €616. I asked her to check with her manager which she did and got again confirmed the change fee is €616. She said she can indeed see there is plenty of availability in the original R and B fare classes on the new date, but I’d still need to pay because “the campaign price is no longer available” and some other vague reasons like “you booked for a different campaign”. While the campaign is still up and running and that fare and price is still available.

Manage My Booking wont let you change into Business Campaign. Instead a Business Classic or Flex fare is offered.

We weren’t getting anywhere and I was told to file a complaint if I think they are wrong. And hell yes I did. I feel deceived.... meanwhile I obviously haven’t changed my flight.
This story sounds somewhat familiar albeit CS managed it so far always in the end, but it takes some doing.

Not sure when it was introduced but the process seems to be somewhat cumbersome in their "new" booking system. And in addition CS obviously dealt in recent months mainly with cancellations so they lack routine handling changes to "regular" bookings.

This is at least the explanation I got from CS while waiting on the phone in this process.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:45 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It seems the complete fare rules are no longer possible to extract from Finnair site during booking (?!) so it it difficult to check.
But from what can be seen from the booking engine it surely looks like there should only be a 70€ penalty. Maybe they put some odd rules in the rules. Someone with expertflyer should be able to get the full rules.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by intuition
It seems the complete fare rules are no longer possible to extract from Finnair site during booking (?!) so it it difficult to check.
But from what can be seen from the booking engine it surely looks like there should only be a 70€ penalty. Maybe they put some odd rules in the rules. Someone with expertflyer should be able to get the full rules.
I am happy to post the fare rules but would need to know the fare basis / route.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:44 am

Availability of R and B fares should be enough, regardless of the actually fare details. Be persistent and HUACA. They follow what does their computer say. It requires some effort to have them stop creating bs theories about why a thing doesn't work, instead of applying common sense and admitting the computer might be confused - e.g., you hold a Business Campaign ticket, but B fare is used for Economy Flex, so it might be repricing you to Economy Flex (and you might find more possible reasons).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.