Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
This seems like such a EASY fix to do but it seems AY is NOT concerned enough to actually make SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS!??? Surely these cost little to NO money yet have a potential to cost them ALOT of money in lost bookings!

This is sadly the case in many so called Valtion yhtiöt here in Finland... No long term plans only short sighted... 100% my opinion based!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
There was someone's old socks at the back of the foot area coming back from SIN last weekend. That and couple of other issues with service and food quality made this the worst J experience in any airline ever.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Unsub
There was someone's old socks at the back of the foot area coming back from SIN last weekend.
That is really gross and unacceptable. Any compensation for that?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
10 000 award points.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
There was someone's old socks at the back of the foot area coming back from SIN last weekend. That and couple of other issues with service and food quality made this the worst J experience in any airline ever.
Atleast it wasnt underwear

Ive seen undies, gum, qtips(used) hankies chip remenants etc... Mostly on ba CW and AY J cleaning not working well
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
10 000 award points.
Plus the socks.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The second bread round on sh is funny - it usually comes so late, that people have already finished their dessert. Why bother?
True, that element of the service is clearly designed for A320 flights with 3 rows of J. Does not work as it should on a full A350.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'd say the bread rounds are silly on any AY flight.

First, there is no room for bread in their tray concept. So they offer you bread from the communal basket, you point at one and they pick it up with pliers only to find out there is nowhere they can put it. So the bread & pliers are waltzing all over the place - maybe here, no maybe here, no I'm just going to put int on top of your salad - until they find a spot to drop it.

On the tray there is a single pack of Valio 'Voi' in industrial packaging, cold and rock hard.

There is no knife to butter your bread (on shorthaul they have introduced a new buttering knife though) and of course no one is going to die from using the main course knife for that, but it doesn't exactly scream classy.

The one bread that actually had a good reason to be served on request - the freshly heated garlic butter bread - has been removed from the assortment.

And here is "bread round" on QR.
A small bread assortment nicely presented in a porclean bowl that has a place on my dining table, a hearty piece of room temperature butter and a knife for cutting and spreading.
It is one of the first things to appear on the table when they dress it for entré and IIRC they offer to refill if they see you are getting low on bread.
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Aug 13, 2016 at 6:00 am
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This brings to mind my favourite slogan – Finnair, the Scandic of the skies.

"Oh crap, we can't get rid of the bread! Everyone else has it, so we'll have to have it, too. But what could we do to make it as unattractive as possible, so as few pax as possible will want it?"

Warm bread? No way!
Garlic bread? No, too many pax like it. Let's stop serving it.
Butter knife? Let's get rid of it, that'll make some pax opt out.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK M&S Elite
There was someone's old socks at the back of the foot area coming back from SIN last weekend.
I took this pic yesterday from the BA Club World cabin. Doesn't look much better.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:37 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Yikes
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lauriii
I took this pic yesterday from the BA Club World cabin. Doesn't look much better.
Write to customer service and claim your 10K points.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Encountered this in a J lavatory on a BA 777 recently, quite disgusting.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by intuition
Some passengers pay the extras, but for a lot of people the logic goes like "if checking a bag will cost me something, I will just bring it onboard instead". Check-in can't do a thing, watching people walk away from the desk with large bags unchecked.

One would think that head office would implement routines to protect their new revenue stream and stop all these bag getting dragged into the cabin, but apparently they are happy with the situation.

It is sad that the airlines can't see they are losing money over poorly implemented carry-on rules, but it is disaster when they let their ignorance hurt high revenue passengers who didn't bring oversized bags onboard.
Months later, it seems they want to do something about this now, as when I flew LHR-HEL a couple days ago I was told to weigh my hand luggage before leaving the check-in area and was told when it came in overweight that if I tried bringing it to the gate without checking it, that I would be denied boarding and my existing checked bag offloaded.

When I asked why I would be charged C$100 to check the extra bag when I wasn't charged to check it coming in from YVR (as part of a YVR-LHR-HEL-PVG itinerary- all my bags were coming off at LHR for sure so I checked in both my roller bags, I didn't want to check the small roller bag at LHR because I only had an overnight at HEL), he got agitated, and went so far as the check-in agent calling the BA counter and demanding they open an investigation into why they let me check in a second bag on YVR-LHR for no fee (in front of my face, even).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.