Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Did you originally have less than 24 hours at HEL? I don’t know, but could it be that if you did not have a stopover and you had already started your return journey, it was indeed not possible to make changes anymore?

Had you had 24+ hours at HEL, those two legs would be separate from each other and perhaps the change would have been possible?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
"Once a fare component has been completed fare break points can not be changed."

I think this is the rule that forbid the agent to change the final destination.
Gnopps, intuition and esledo like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by vanaema78
"Once a fare component has been completed fare break points can not be changed."

I think this is the rule that forbid the agent to change the final destination.
This might be it. I'm not 100% sure, but I think BOM-HEL counts as a fare component and that a stopover is a fare break point.

If this is the case, then I must admit that I am in the wrong here (though I still think Finnair could have explained this sooner throughout the whole process).
intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Regardless if it actually is or isn't possible to change the route on this fare and situation, the incident proves customers need to hold an IATA validated Amadeus diploma *) to efficiently interact with Finnair customer service. Because they clearly don't...

The agent changed explanation as soon as s/he was challenged, ie the agent had no idea what happened, only that "computer says no". It might be that Finnair agents no longer receive much travel agent training, and are tought to click a button and accept whatever comes out. The suggestion that Gnopps should try MMB to see for himself that it can't be changed is a clear indication of that.
I recently had an exchange with Plat customer service and when I started to push the agent for some aspects of the journey, she responded
"We are just simply customer service, we don't know these things!"

*) Amadeus diploma - the incident just made me think of my local Asian store owner who produly displays her Amadeus TA diploma on the wall above the cash register. I'm starting to think it is a better option to discuss Finnair tickets with her while getting my fix of Mochi and Kimchi, instead of chatting with clueless Finnair trained agents...
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by intuition
OMG and W-T--F
florens, intuition, on22cz and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
*) Amadeus diploma - the incident just made me think of my local Asian store owner who produly displays her Amadeus TA diploma on the wall above the cash register. I'm starting to think it is a better option to discuss Finnair tickets with her while getting my fix of Mochi and Kimchi, instead of chatting with clueless Finnair trained agents...
Haha. To be fair, I have taken a class on Amadeus and it is no wonder those agents are clueless.
Getting reasonably proficient on more difficult problems, with no previous FT experience, would take atleast 6 months and that is most likely 6 times more than AY is willing to pay for.
Here you can see the average gross wage for customer service and other business services... not that great.
Gnopps and intuition like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I'm at a loss for words...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Gnopps
This might be it. I'm not 100% sure, but I think BOM-HEL counts as a fare component and that a stopover is a fare break point.

If this is the case, then I must admit that I am in the wrong here (though I still think Finnair could have explained this sooner throughout the whole process).
Actually, I just went through the whole booking process on Finnair's webpage. I am informed that changes are free (during booking process) and must be done before flight departs (General conditions of carriage). But I am never informed about the complete fare rules, only that I have to agree to them (compare to for example SAS where relevant parts of fare rules are displayed). As a consumer, it was literally impossible to know that I have to change the HEL-DUB flight before BOM-HEL departs.

ffay005 and florens like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, the lack of fare rules is disturbing.
Finnair.com back in the day used to have a link to the actual rules. You only could see them when doing a booking, so you needed to download them at time of purchase. But for some reason they decided this is not something they need to divulge.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The level how AY presents their tickets are in fact intentional misleading (kusetus) of customer, such as:

Earning points: yes/possible/etc (how much?)
changes: permitted (for whatbconditions?)
cancellation: allowed for a fee (how much?)
etc etc
evwn to the point of contradictory info that I have been obliged to ask at watsapp several times what counts
intuition and petteriusa like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
The level how AY presents their tickets are in fact intentional misleading (kusetus) of customer, such as:

Earning points: yes/possible/etc (how much?)
changes: permitted (for whatbconditions?)
cancellation: allowed for a fee (how much?)
etc etc
evwn to the point of contradictory info that I have been obliged to ask at watsapp several times what counts
Exactly, I mean how much goodwill would they earn from just a clear chart explaining this. Forget about policies changes for a moment, just tell us where we stand right now, and tell it straight.
joorinainen and intuition like this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:54 am

Classic "I only work here"
intuition and seldomrfly like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: AA CK; Marriott Plat
Sitting in AY15 HEL-JFK. They subbed the old cabin A330 a few days ago, I thought they had been advertising the new cabin for the JFK route. Now turns out even the IFE is not working for the whole plane.. Do they usually give any compensation if on an J award ticket?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Is wifi working well? I'm coming to HEL with that machine tonight as AY16
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA CK; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Is wifi working well? I'm coming to HEL with that machine tonight as AY16
Nope, WiFi didn't work either despite cabin crew trying to reset.. Not great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.