Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lento
Looks like they want to take "gold gift" away from Plats. If that happens, no point chasing Plat. Very little difference between Gold and Plat.
Just horrible. I get the same feeling when I realize that someone just stole my wallet....
Old Jan 16, 2023, 9:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lento
Looks like they want to take "gold gift" away from Plats. ....
Not take away. Monetize!

The questions can be read as they are checking how many would be willing to pay for the perk.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Not take away. Monetize!

The questions can be read as they are checking how many would be willing to pay for the perk.
I have answered twice similar questions regarding possible/potential AY/OW benefits and their rankings. AFAICT, none of those hypothetical benefits or their bundles have realized...
intuition, lento and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by florens
Some really weird stuff. Not sure how a 20€ voucher can be perceived as benefit? If you spend already thousands to reach Platinum, I'd rather get some soft benefits than a 20€ voucher. And same amount for Lumo, really?

Extending wifi to another device and free points transfer would be welcome for sure.
I don't know what the point of extending wifi would be, in practice. I've always received an extra wifi code when I've asked for one, I guess it's one of those unofficial perks.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I don't know what the point of extending wifi would be, in practice. I've always received an extra wifi code when I've asked for one, I guess it's one of those unofficial perks.
I can understand the need to keep number of connected devices as low as possible. It reduces the stress on the limited resource, benefiting those who paid for it or has it as a perk. For that reason I am actually against the gift vouchers.

The issue with Finnair implementation is that it locks your connection to one single device for entire journey (ie not 1 concurrent connection). The way SK has done it is much better. There you can start on any device and if you need to use another one, you just log in on that second device and the first device is disconnected. This keeps usage down without hampering users much.

If AY did the same, there would be very little need for a second voucher login.
r2d2 and petteriusa like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Gold, ST Elite Plus
There were some pretty sarcastic comments about the uselessness of the so-called benefits presented in the said survey on the AY Customer Community page - and of course I had to leave one as well . And now I notice they have closed the general comment section altogether.

So the free speach benefit is gone as well. No doubt due to overwhelming demand of the customers.
jp_fin, intuition, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Is the general experience that the new "low price calendar" works?

For me it is useless. It seems to me that the prices shown cannot be replicated, not by a long shot. And it looks like this on all my attempts lately.

Example: Here is CPH-SYD and it shows that J tickets lowest price is ≈31 400 DKK. Clicking in on the suggested month, a few dates show this price.

Clicking throught to booking shows 15 outbound options, the cheapest at 15 580. Choosing that and the cheapest return option is 21 287, ie the total adding to ≈36 900DKK some 700€ above advertised price. This is also the option that Finnair lables as "Best option".
Even clicking on other prices for outbound does not change this fact - the advertised price is nowhere to be seen.

This is very poor. Definitely breaking marketing directives, maybe also criminal law.

But I am dumbfounded on how this has been achieved. Assuming it is not in purpose, there must be a major flaw in how the calender gets its pricing. Does it calculate ex taxes? Does it miss pricing component of codeshares? Does it calculated economy-fare on the codeshare legs? Is there a forex calculation going wrong?
Does it see availability that the booking can't? Then it is phantom availability, because the advertised prices can't be replicated on matrix/google

If I take the outbound price and doubles it, it comes very close to the advertised lowest available price, but still off 20-30€, not close enought to be an explanation.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
It doesn‘t work. Even for oneways I was shown 77€ but when clicking through the cheapest option was 80€…
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Is the general experience that the new "low price calendar" works?

For me it is useless. It seems to me that the prices shown cannot be replicated, not by a long shot. And it looks like this on all my attempts lately.

Example: Here is CPH-SYD and it shows that J tickets lowest price is ≈31 400 DKK. Clicking in on the suggested month, a few dates show this price.

Clicking throught to booking shows 15 outbound options, the cheapest at 15 580. Choosing that and the cheapest return option is 21 287, ie the total adding to ≈36 900DKK some 700€ above advertised price. This is also the option that Finnair lables as "Best option".
Even clicking on other prices for outbound does not change this fact - the advertised price is nowhere to be seen.

This is very poor. Definitely breaking marketing directives, maybe also criminal law.

But I am dumbfounded on how this has been achieved. Assuming it is not in purpose, there must be a major flaw in how the calender gets its pricing. Does it calculate ex taxes? Does it miss pricing component of codeshares? Does it calculated economy-fare on the codeshare legs? Is there a forex calculation going wrong?
Does it see availability that the booking can't? Then it is phantom availability, because the advertised prices can't be replicated on matrix/google

If I take the outbound price and doubles it, it comes very close to the advertised lowest available price, but still off 20-30€, not close enought to be an explanation.
I don’t know what’s going on but for me it works in the app. I’m able to find that price 31400 DKK for example 17AUG-29AUG.
intuition and mpkz like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
I don’t know what’s going on but for me it works in the app. I’m able to find that price 31400 DKK for example 17AUG-29AUG.
His complaint is that the screen is showing 31.4 for him and then the clickthrough gets a price of 36.9. I see 36.9 for the dates he is looking at so this massive violation of criminal law might have simply been fare prices changing.. (I also manage to click through on all options that show 31.4 for for me and the 36.9 also gives me options that total 36.9).

Of course a separate question is why someone who has promised to fly with the best price / convenience because "AY+ loyalty is no longer worth it" would be looking for 51 hour, 4-5k euro J class tickets to Australia with AY when KL/KE seem to have tickets for 3500 and LX/SQ for 4200 without 51 hours of travel time. Or maybe they are just browsing through AY prices looking for problems?
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hmmm…how to bite this one.

A tixket that cost 587€, and I cancelled within 24h and refunded, it took about two weeks for finnair to keep my money and now the refunded amount is 35€ less.
in understand foreign currency conversion and all that fluctuation but this is just not right.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 12:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

What currency was it ticketed in?
I See this problem now and then but from DKK to SEK. And then not this big difference.
(I believe a vendor can make a credit identical to the debit, not sure though under what circumstances it is possible.) Ie reverse the charges, not pay you a certain Eur amount.But it seems Finnair never does that, I recently had a 24h cancellation, refunded issue 1 day later than the charge, still lost me a few SEK

Last edited by intuition; Jan 21, 2023 at 12:13 am
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What currency was it ticketed in?
I See this problem now and then but from DKK to SEK. And then not this big difference.
(I believe a vendor can make a credit identical to the debit, not sure though under what circumstances it is possible.) Ie reverse the charges, not pay you a certain Eur amount.But it seems Finnair never does that, I recently had a 24h cancellation, refunded issue 1 day later than the charge, still lost me a few SEK
HUF.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
On some other airlines where I have cancelled a ticket using the 24 h rule my credit card has never been actually charged. The transaction first appears as pending (as usual), and when I've cancelled the ticket, the pending transaction has never been confirmed and thus I haven't been charged.
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Hmmm…how to bite this one.

A tixket that cost 587€, and I cancelled within 24h and refunded, it took about two weeks for finnair to keep my money and now the refunded amount is 35€ less.
in understand foreign currency conversion and all that fluctuation but this is just not right.
How is it not right? might suck but nothing shady usually 😀 Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose when buying tickets in foreign currency, its part of them game IMO 🤷‍♂️😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.