Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Why on earth would you prepay for internet anyway? Sometimes it doesn't work at all etc and the price is the same whether you buy it in advance or in the air, so in the rare cases that I buy it, I only do it once in the air.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Very annoyed at the moment. I had a confirmed booking to Bangkok, with upgraded HEL-BKK and BKK-HEL.

I told the Platinum WhatsApp I wish to rebook this because of the 3x points promo, and confirmed with them they will carry over my confirmed upgrades to my new PNR. I was told they would take care of it and a new ticket would be in my inbox today. I told them I was worried someone else would snatch my upgrade, but was assured it will be fine.

They now email me back saying ''The Business-class for BKK-HEL is fully booked currently, so what has most likely happened, is that during the cancellation of the original booking and when doing the upgrades to the new booking, there has been upgrades on a waiting list to another passenger and due to this, the Business-class has been fully booked in between this.''

SERIOUSLY?!? There goes my confirmed upgrade. This is just ridiculous.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
The EuroFlash case above is just one of many service achievements by AY since the covid bottom race started.

I am just thinking how can we trust FinnairPlus being genuine and able to help, rather than just fishing for accounts of complainers to blacklist.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AY+
Just dealed with another AY IT disaster (in good faith and not my fault). Second time within a year, same sh**. I'm really disappointed on AY right now
Old May 6, 2022, 9:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
Why on earth would you prepay for internet anyway? ....
In theory the "peace of mind" concept? Another guess, perhaps having the charge on one single receipt makes it slightly easier to claim reimbursement, invoice or get through auditing.

But in practice it is like you say a poor choice.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Very annoyed at the moment. I had a confirmed booking to Bangkok, with upgraded HEL-BKK and BKK-HEL.

I told the Platinum WhatsApp I wish to rebook this because of the 3x points promo, and confirmed with them they will carry over my confirmed upgrades to my new PNR. I was told they would take care of it and a new ticket would be in my inbox today. I told them I was worried someone else would snatch my upgrade, but was assured it will be fine.

They now email me back saying ''The Business-class for BKK-HEL is fully booked currently, so what has most likely happened, is that during the cancellation of the original booking and when doing the upgrades to the new booking, there has been upgrades on a waiting list to another passenger and due to this, the Business-class has been fully booked in between this.''

SERIOUSLY?!? There goes my confirmed upgrade. This is just ridiculous.
Not just ridicolous. Since when do they instantly serve the waitlist? Haven't we seen some reports where people on waitlist have seen U availability appear and the waitlist is not processed for extended time. Only when they call and remind AY there is a waitlist something happens. But now suddenly waitlist processing occurs within seconds of a cancellation?
EuroFlash likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Don't know if this has been covered already or if it is just me being out of touch with the times but I had a connecting flight at Helsinki today. Upon landing I wanted to change the onward flight to a later date. I hiked through half of the airport to the Finnair transfer desk and was told that they can only do check-in stuff, they can't do anything related to ticketing nor even read fare rules! Instead I went outside to the check-in area and asked for the ticketing office, was directed to "Special assistance" where they told me the exact same thing.

How can it be that airport staff are not empowered to do ticket changes? The webpage doesn't allow me to do the change I want so that leaves me now having to queue and queue on the phone (paid number) to get someone to do it when it could have been done in 2 minutes at a normal ticket desk.
Still same issue. Have a ticket that doesn't allow me to do the change online, could have done it easily while passing through the airport, can not sit XX minutes in queue at phone due to meetings and chat will not accept me..

Old May 10, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Things to improve ?
How about the ability to make multi-city bookings on the website. Seriously, is this the only legacy airline that doesn't ?
Old May 11, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: SK EBD, AY Platinum
Just noticed by chance that Finnair rescheduled the final leg of my Business Classic trip ARN-HEL-NRT-TPE in July without notifying me actively. Not only did they change the last leg (which was originally from NRT to TPE with JAL) to HND-TSA, which would be an impossible transfer due to Japan's entry restrictions. They also rebooked me to a flight from HND that actually departs four hours before I even arrive at NRT. I tried chatting with them on Whatsapp (I have Platinum status) but they told me my only two options are to keep the new routing, or cancel the booking for a refund and book a new trip with a travel agency. They would not help me find another routing. Really, Finnair? I guess buying a flexible Classic ticket doesn't mean much...
Old May 11, 2022, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The worst thing reflected many times and increasingly lately by AY is: Speculative Scheduling. It means they put out schedules on market, sell them, and soon they cancel or reroute to impracticable routings, after finding out the intended route was not selling enough good, and push customers to cancel in one way or another.

This is VERY annoying and middlefingering
Old May 11, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
So it's not just me who's not getting email notifications of flight changes. Yesterday when I was selecting seats for bookings I made during the promo I just happened to notice that one of my earlier reservations had gotten a 26 h layover in DOH instead of 2 hours, because QR has reduced their frequencies to HEL (I'm on an AY ticket on QR-operated flights). CS was able to change my flight dates so in my case it was sorted out well.

And again a new AY IT hick-up: some of my flights operated by QR show a different aircraft type than the QR website. I was a bit baffled when I started picking seats on what was supposed to be a 788 and saw an 8-abreast seatmap The next flight was on a 359 according to AY, but got a 77W seatmap on the QR website. Not that it would matter much as the rule no 1 with QR is never to book flights based on aircraft type.

Last edited by r2d2; May 11, 2022 at 8:50 am Reason: added text about aircraft types
Old May 11, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by JackieTrent
Just noticed by chance that Finnair rescheduled the final leg of my Business Classic trip ARN-HEL-NRT-TPE in July without notifying me actively. Not only did they change the last leg (which was originally from NRT to TPE with JAL) to HND-TSA, which would be an impossible transfer due to Japan's entry restrictions. They also rebooked me to a flight from HND that actually departs four hours before I even arrive at NRT. I tried chatting with them on Whatsapp (I have Platinum status) but they told me my only two options are to keep the new routing, or cancel the booking for a refund and book a new trip with a travel agency. They would not help me find another routing. Really, Finnair? I guess buying a flexible Classic ticket doesn't mean much...
Did you propose an itinerary? An option would be to go via BKK. Not sure if there is anything acceptable for you.

And in your case it doesn't matter if you have a Classic, Flex or Light ticket type. This is an involuntary rerouting.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Bizarre.
Is the last leg now with China Airlines ?
Old May 11, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
...to keep the new routing...
And what will they do if this is what you choose and you then land in Japan four hours after the last flight has departed? Sounds like a really bad joke.

AY has become absolutely horrible with these schedule change handlings. They do not respect any rules and they could not care less about their pax. Good luck being anyone's first choice between Europe and Asia when things start to normalize.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: SK EBD, AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Did you propose an itinerary? An option would be to go via BKK. Not sure if there is anything acceptable for you.

And in your case it doesn't matter if you have a Classic, Flex or Light ticket type. This is an involuntary rerouting.
Chatting via Whatsapp I asked if I could suggest a new routing myself, which they said no to. I had BKK and ICN in mind. I then tried calling, and after an hour in the queue + being put on hold for 20 minutes after explaining the problem, was first offered to be rescheduled to the HND-TSA flight the next day, which of course solved nothing. At that point I couldn't spend any more time on the phone, but she did say that I could call back if I found a better routing. Will need to think about this, as it feels like schedules will keep changing, making it very difficult to plan/book/rebook the quarantine hotel in Taiwan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.