Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Did you book J or Y (with AY)? I guess I'm curious as to whether there's a difference between J or Y booking on AY marketed, 3K operated flight.
There is no difference whatsoever when it comes to the inflight service, seating, etc. However, baggage limits reflect the J ticket.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I flew 3K marketed by AY on BKK-SIN last week. It is a mixed bag.

On the bright side, all Finnair passengers got free front row (UPFX), free meal and one drink (SFML), which normally come as EMB. It is kinda ironic considering that Finnair no longer provides free SFML on their own short-haul.

The flight accrued award and tier points, and tier bonus according to ticket type (Value).

On the down side, there is no 3K transfer desk at BKK and you only get the boarding card at the boarding gate. So I had no boarding card to access any lounge (I'd have tried Oman Air with DCi). It might work better if departing from SIN than BKK, I suppose.

Also the seating preference was not respected. Initially, I was supposed to get a mid-cabin window seat. But I got moved to front aisle - possibly due to included "UPFX".
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm looking at a somewhat complicated itinerary where I might buy HEL-SIN-HEL from AY and the rest as separate tickets. However, returning from DRW, I just realised that HEL-SIN-HEL + a one-way DRW-SIN on SQ costs the same as an open jaw HEL-SIN/DRW-SIN-HEL on AY, where the DRW-SIN part is a codeshare with AY flight number and operated by 3K.

I have no experience about 3K, and I wouldn't be very happy with a LCC. But according to Courmisch's experience, I would get a free front row seat and a free meal on this 4.5 hour flight, and I guess that the Value ticket gives me a free bag, too, so it would be bearable. Does anyone else have the same experience as Courmisch, or was this just good luck?

On SQ, I'd earn some worthless (to me) SK points, whereas the 3K codeshare would earn me AY points (in Value, it should be 3339 km and 100 % so 3339 points + supposedly the status bonus, too. The AY calculator doesn't recognize ticket types on codeshares and doesn't note any status bonus, either, but I suppose the calculator cannot be trusted here.)
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
We flew a year ago HEL-SIN-DPS with AY/3K and the DPS legs we're like AY's SH but with front row & inflight credit so much better than AY actually 😂 too bad no lounge access with 3K flight numbers.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:18 pm

Thanks! Front row is a big bonus. What's inflight credit? You can buy food and drinks for a certain amount? How big was the amount and/or what did you get with it?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I have no experience about 3K, and I wouldn't be very happy with a LCC. But according to Courmisch's experience, I would get a free front row seat and a free meal on this 4.5 hour flight, and I guess that the Value ticket gives me a free bag, too, so it would be bearable. Does anyone else have the same experience as Courmisch, or was this just good luck?
I don' think you get an extra bag in Value on long-haul tickets. You just get one checked bag whether you travel in Basic or Value. Then you get an extra bag for your status - though I have not tried that on 3K.

Also, to be clear, it seems that 3K calls front row is multiple rows in the front - i.e. those seats that would cost more to do ASR. Not the first row, or at least not necessarily. I got third row, though I cannot say if this was because I showed up late for check-in and they kept those, or because I was ticketed by Finnair.

Credit was: AY 6375 VALUE (O) BKK-SIN +1805 +1805 so 100% meterage + 25% tier bonus

Last edited by Courmisch; Apr 29, 2018 at 12:43 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
the 3K codeshare would earn me AY points (in Value, it should be 3339 km and 100 % so 3339 points + supposedly the status bonus, too. The AY calculator doesn't recognize ticket types on codeshares and doesn't note any status bonus, either, but I suppose the calculator cannot be trusted here.)
Yes, in my experience it goes just the way you described on AY codeshares even in cases of non-OW metal.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:28 pm

Thanks! Front row is a big bonus. What's inflight credit? You can buy food and drinks for a certain amount? How big was the amount and/or what did you get with it?
Can't remember the exact amount but I think we managed to get like soft drinks, sandwiches and chips IIRC.

Make sure to check your booking online with 3K, you might be able to see your credit or choose the snack/meal! Oh and also book a seat.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
FYI: What's written here also mostly applies to AY codeshares on JQ flights (ie Australian JetStar):
- free meal (instead of credits)
- free onboard entertainment
- seat in front Y minicabin (changable for a fee)
- luggage included
- points as described

I've flown codeshares NRT-MEL and SIN-MEL on JQ metal.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:56 pm

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how it went if I choose to take this flight. I'm not quite sure yet. My ultimate goal on this trip would be to reach DIL, but not spend a whole week there (SIN-DIL only operates once a week) so it requires some playing around and maybe a side trip to Australia...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:42 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by juhanh
FYI: What's written here also mostly applies to AY codeshares on JQ flights (ie Australian JetStar):
- free meal (instead of credits)
- free onboard entertainment
- seat in front Y minicabin (changable for a fee)
- luggage included
- points as described

I've flown codeshares NRT-MEL and SIN-MEL on JQ metal.
Great info! Because when flying JQ on QF/JQ ticket then AY+ counts for nothing IME!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Deleted...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by aama
Can't remember the exact amount but I think we managed to get like soft drinks, sandwiches and chips IIRC.

Make sure to check your booking online with 3K, you might be able to see your credit or choose the snack/meal! Oh and also book a seat.
I was not able to check-in online with 3K at all back then.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Does the free refreshment on AY marketed, 3K operated flights apply only to those who are ticketed in AY J? I've got a Value fare and Jetstar's website wants to charge me for a meal. Free seat selection works for me, though (according to a chat agent this is only because of OWE status, but I was suspicious throughout the conversation that the agent considered Jetstar a OneWorld airline).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
Does the free refreshment on AY marketed, 3K operated flights apply only to those who are ticketed in AY J? I've got a Value fare and Jetstar's website wants to charge me for a meal. Free seat selection works for me, though (according to a chat agent this is only because of OWE status, but I was suspicious throughout the conversation that the agent considered Jetstar a OneWorld airline).
For us it also wanted to charge for the meal, but I could select the inflight meal voucher or similar for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.