Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by miikkak
It looks like Marriott is opening a Moxy in Jätkäsaari (Helsinki) in spring 2021.
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And 2 Marriotts coming to Vantaa.
Evil is coming...
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
We don’t need 1 hour train anymore when there is A330 on TKU route 🤔
FFlash, Ukki and EuroFlash like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Furry
We don’t need 1 hour train anymore when there is A330 on TKU route 🤔
but flight time 40 mins...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Great news for a Bonvoy Titanium member ^
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Anywhere close to the airport?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Anywhere close to the airport?
Other is planned to Myyrmäki (over 300 rooms) and second is coming to Koivuhaka (200 rooms) (apprx 5 minutues ride from HEL)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Other is planned to Myyrmäki (over 300 rooms) and second is coming to Koivuhaka (200 rooms) (apprx 5 minutues ride from HEL)
Is there any information on the brands of these hotels? Hopefully something else than Moxy or Aloft. Full service Marriott would be great, but judging from the locations not too likely.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mhle
Is there any information on the brands of these hotels? Hopefully something else than Moxy or Aloft. Full service Marriott would be great, but judging from the locations not too likely.
The following suggests at least one will be a Courtyard, if I'm reading the article correctly.
https://www.vantaansanomat.fi/artikk...lan-toimijoita
mhle likes this.

Last edited by flyingeph12; Jun 11, 2019 at 6:03 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, IC Plat. Amb., HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, etc.
Yeah, according to Vantaan Sanomat, the one in Koivuhaka will be a Courtyard and the one in Myyrmäki will have "rooms for short and long term stay, a cafe, a spa, a lounge space and space for remote working."

Also Tampere is getting a Courtyard that's opening in January: https://www.srv.fi/stories/suomen-en...annostajaisia/
mhle likes this.

Last edited by mebe; Jun 11, 2019 at 5:59 am Reason: Missing .
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The article doesn't mention anything that the Myyrmäki hotel would be Marriott branded (any brand) only that it will be operated by the building co NREP. Where does the info come about the brand?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
When you consider Finnish hotels, in my books most of them fall into midscale or budget categories. Doesn't matter whether they're branded as Sokos, Scandic or Cumulus-turned-Scandic, they're all more or less the same and they offer two star amenities for four star prices. Helsinki has more variety, but that's about it.

I wonder if this Moxy in Jätkäsaari is the hotel whose blueprints I took a look at maybe a year ago or so. Minuscule rooms, one-man operation with a combined reception and bar, virtually no amenities and no room for any services. Now, if they charged €60 / night, it would be great. But probably they'll try to charge double the amount.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Finland hotels are a duopoly of Sokos and Scandic anyway. AFAIK, even IHG, Radisson and Hilton brands are operated by either of the earlier.

Will the Marriott operator be another party then?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Finland hotels are a duopoly of Sokos and Scandic anyway. AFAIK, even IHG, Radisson and Hilton brands are operated by either of the earlier.
Scandic operates Hiltons and IHG hotels. I wonder if there are other countries where Hiltons and IHG hotels are operated by the same company. Sounds like a AY-SK codeshare to me And Sokos operates Radissons.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ffay005
Scandic operates Hiltons and IHG hotels. I wonder if there are other countries where Hiltons and IHG hotels are operated by the same company. Sounds like a AY-SK codeshare to me And Sokos operates Radissons.
The former happened fairly recently, when Restel was acquired by Scandic. There is also a rather long history between Hilton and Scandic. The remains of this longterm co-operation even includes reciprocal benefits for staff between the two.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the VS article, both the Katajanokka* and the Koivuhaka Marriotts will be operated by Primehotels.

The Myyrmäki hotel was said to be operated by the developer.

* is this just a rebranding? I remember having guests staying in the ex-Katajankokka jail. They were Thais and the receptionist scared the living daylight out of them telling how the ex-inmates' ghost are still haunting some rooms. Cultural affinity - not.
SPBanker and intuition like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.