Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by avermat
You can pinch the wrenchy part of it. Or twist around the longer part of it. Squish it. I predict this to be the fidget spinner of 2021.
AY koronaraappa?

I wanna have one!
Old Nov 13, 2020, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The obvious question is "Does it have bluetooth?" (bluetooth makes everything cooler)
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 7:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You forgot 'nanoparticles'

A 3D printed bluetooth enabled thingie with nanoparticles is da best
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Dah, obviously.

Make it pink and say the nanoparticles work against cellulite, you can charge double.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So what's all the fuss about public transport being so dangerous? I had the Tunturilinjat Levi-KTT airport bus all to myself this morning. Nice taxi deal for 7€/half-round-trip

A321 was not very full either. Probably more people on the way in, but even then... not sure why they'd use it. More efficient than A319?
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Finnair singers choir right now at Tripla cheering up people.
Singing flight related songs written by themselves. I bursted aloud abit with some wordings but their intention is nice so dont take me wrong. Champagne was mentioned. I expected to hear katotaan concept but it was not in lyrics
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Finnair singers choir right now at Tripla cheering up people.
Singing flight related songs written by themselves. I bursted aloud abit with some wordings but their intention is nice so dont take me wrong. Champagne was mentioned. I expected to hear katotaan concept but it was not in lyrics
audio?
kauppias likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by zxcv1
audio?
Some can be heard / seen on instagram.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by ffay005
I read the article today although I seldom read HS. I liked it. It didn't necessarily offer much new information, but some background understanding nevertheless.
The article is also available online, but behind a paywall: https://www.hs.fi/sunnuntai/art-2000007627998.html
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: AY
finavia helsinki duty free starts pop up store to get cash

https://www.finavia.fi/fi/uutishuone...inki-duty-free

But I never found its price competitive comparing to online shops of discounts, especially for skincare/cosmetics.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by cantongirl
finavia helsinki duty free starts pop up store to get cash

https://www.finavia.fi/fi/uutishuone...inki-duty-free

But I never found its price competitive comparing to online shops of discounts, especially for skincare/cosmetics.
Considering no liquor or tobacco is sold in this pop up location I doubt there will be many takers...
Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Last time I looked at the Fazer prices in the duty free shop in the non-Schengen zone, I had to think it's really idiocy to buy there, when some of the chocolates can be had cheaper by going landside and into Alepa. And of course any Prisma or Citymarket would serve one better. I know who they cater to, but honestly speaking HEL isn't really a great shopping airport.
r2d2, ffay005, temppa and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:35 am

No airport is a great shopping airport... its a combination of location and offerings that gives these airport shops an opportunity to pull money out of your pocket. The alcohol & tobacco sales have become minimal nowadays. Once upon a time when alcohol and tobacco was taxed highly and you travelled outside your customs zone for pretty much every destination (pre-1990s) the 'duty free' shop still made sense. Also you had airports like DXB who sold DF articles cheaper (I remember a carton of 200 marlboro cigarettes for 8$) to entice you to fly with a stop in the desert in the middle of the night. Those are getting rarer too.
Superrman likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No airport is a great shopping airport... its a combination of location and offerings that gives these airport shops an opportunity to pull money out of your pocket. The alcohol & tobacco sales have become minimal nowadays. Once upon a time when alcohol and tobacco was taxed highly and you travelled outside your customs zone for pretty much every destination (pre-1990s) the 'duty free' shop still made sense. Also you had airports like DXB who sold DF articles cheaper (I remember a carton of 200 marlboro cigarettes for 8$) to entice you to fly with a stop in the desert in the middle of the night. Those are getting rarer too.
Duty Free still makes sense for Norwegians, but rarely for anybody else, with the EU customs zone and most of the world not taxing 'sins' that heavily..
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Superrman
Duty Free still makes sense for Norwegians, but rarely for anybody else, with the EU customs zone and most of the world not taxing 'sins' that heavily..
Yes, the arrivals DF store in OSL is rather cray cray...
Superrman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.