Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Clydez
no offense, but do you talk loud?

i mean for a non fin/swe, and i live in lauttasaari, I do hear swedish speaking people are much louder.

Again NO OFFENSE, just an outsider observation.
I dont know, maybe but I sat silent trying to hide as a true finn and escape the attention people think I am better folks I am not.

I have lived quite a chunk of time in the ”duckpond” anyhow so maybe it shows in my aura????

No offense here
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Flew MXP-HEL on Sunday. 13 rows of J (and 12 J pax) on an A32B, so I moved from 1D to 10C for dinner. Excellent legroom. Then to 11ABC for lying down and web surfing, and then to 1D for arrival. Felt very private as other pax were in rows 1–6.

Friendly crew and very tasty meal with cold smoked salmon, a good home-food style main course (beef and mash) and a real dessert called winter cake! Slice could have been bigger, but what an improvement over those three Fazer chocolates they used to have...
florens, Steve_Hun and Tapio like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
I just had an excellent flight with Finnair and thought I share the experience with you.

Travelling from Zurich to Helsinki in business class. Two wonderful senior flight attendants took care of the relatively quiet business class cabin. Well spaced service, leaving enough time to enjoy the aperitif. Food choices asked from platinum and emeralds - enjoyed the cod with shrimp starter. Was amazed by the purser's language skills - seemed to be able to serve customers in 5 languages. Do you get that sort of service in any other airline, I doubt. I had a slight knee problem and although I definitely did not act as high maintenance, the purser often made sure everything was okay with me. After the flight the purser thanked for being a loyal customer and enquired further travel plans and wished a speedy recovery.

This flight showed me what Finnair is at its best - just a positive and relaxing experience. Most of my travels are now with BA which, in my opinion ,has gone down hill in service. Often very young mixed fleet crew trying their best but still the service is often very rushed and lacks the "know how" you only gain after lot of experince.
florens and SPBanker like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by teme
I just had an excellent flight with Finnair and thought I share the experience with you.

Travelling from Zurich to Helsinki in business class. Two wonderful senior flight attendants took care of the relatively quiet business class cabin. Well spaced service, leaving enough time to enjoy the aperitif. Food choices asked from platinum and emeralds - enjoyed the cod with shrimp starter. Was amazed by the purser's language skills - seemed to be able to serve customers in 5 languages. Do you get that sort of service in any other airline, I doubt. I had a slight knee problem and although I definitely did not act as high maintenance, the purser often made sure everything was okay with me. After the flight the purser thanked for being a loyal customer and enquired further travel plans and wished a speedy recovery.

This flight showed me what Finnair is at its best - just a positive and relaxing experience. Most of my travels are now with BA which, in my opinion ,has gone down hill in service. Often very young mixed fleet crew trying their best but still the service is often very rushed and lacks the "know how" you only gain after lot of experince.
Sounds like an excellent flight!

I have the same observations, especially regarding BA, which is a shame really.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by teme

Nice!

I have a proposal for AY’s next invite (hope we get). We meet their cabin crew for training swap. Make a play where they sit down as pax and we serve them in the way we know how service should be.
Alright now I see the silly parts of this idea but what else would an idiotflyer burst out from the mouth
intuition, lkrt and jmmi like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash

Nice!

I have a proposal for AY’s next invite (hope we get). We meet their cabin crew for training swap. Make a play where they sit down as pax and we serve them in the way we know how service should be.
Alright now I see the silly parts of this idea but what else would an idiotflyer burst out from the mouth
I can be the example of how not to do service.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
As I arrive to the lounge the waitress asks:
”How was your trip to Budapest last week?”

This is service.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
There is one particular lady who I'd bet is the one praised here. She's amazing and perfectly fits the place! If not her, then I'd say there are 2 more staff members who I'd guess for such a recognition.
Thumbs up to the lounge staff!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by on22cz
There is one particular lady who I'd bet is the one praised here. She's amazing and perfectly fits the place! If not her, then I'd say there are 2 more staff members who I'd guess for such a recognition.
Thumbs up to the lounge staff!
I think we’re talking about the same lady. I always send good feedback about her because she is the best brand ambassador for Finnair (even though she works for Fazer!).
cistavoda and on22cz like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I was going to HAV and in LH lounge saw waitress who I see often in lounges and like to chat with Her.

She: Where going today?
Me: now going Havana but next weeks sunday morning DXB, are You here?
She: I dont remember but I can arrange.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I was going to HAV and in LH lounge ...
I know who gets your next giveaway Gold...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by jmmi
I know who gets your next giveaway Gold...
She already has lounge access. And doesn't even need OW same-day departure. More like a Lumo.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
As I arrive to the lounge the waitress asks:
”How was your trip to Budapest last week?”

This is service.
With some of us it's quite a safe question any week
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: AY,CA,CZ
Lounge is nowadays total mess because of renovation. However, staff is helping to vacate seats from coats & bags. Well done Finnair.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:51 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
From CPH, totally fully booked flight and big issues with carryons, many bags forced to be taken to hold and overall a mess by the gate crew. 1 row/4pax in J and the crew had nicely protected the first overhead bins for ticketed J. Boarding had started very early and 3/4 in J boarded late so this was much appreciated by us👍
Purjelentaja likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.