Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by FFlash
@kanamurva
I got the same. My friend did kot want those greasy stuff so he kept asking if he can get more of those fruit salads and got a few (not the green salads I mean)

Then, my kids whom I upgraded on BCN flights were totally disappointed (have they already hit first class syndrome or?) with what they got - just one schoolmeal. They kept asking me why Finnair does not serve candies or something for kids/youngsters if adults have free flow alcohol on top of meal. I could not disagree on that
Your kids sure have a point. But you could've told them that the alcohol you get is not that special: I have never fancied the Finnair champagne that much and the wines are quite mediocre imo. If they at some point get napue to J for free, that makes things better. It's a bit strange that imo the Y sky bistro has better drinks than J (baileys>amarula, napue>bombay, monkey shoulder>chivas, wines don't know). Imo they would need something to really invite people in. In the ay lounge the smoothie is a such thing for me.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kanamurva
...The white fish was ok (crew said it's a dish from LH J) but nothing that special.
Yeah, I've had that one in LH J. I remember the fish as bland but was so happy to see regular potatoes!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
AMS-HEL, as we speak

Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Those meatballs are definitely my favorite. I always have them when available.

I once interrupted the purser when she was giving me the meal options and she replied "oh, no need to tell you about the rest then. Yes, meatballs it is."
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
HEL-LHR vegetarian breakfast.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
AGP-HEL raw and vegan meal.

raw meal
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

vegan meal
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

vegan meal
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by florens
AGP-HEL raw and vegan meal.

raw meal
I have to say it again - how can an aspirant for European best Business class serve this Alepa-like fruit salad package? Serve it in Economy and you get lots of positive comments, but how can this be approved for Business class non-kosher meal?! Even the special meal itself quite lacks any "higher-level" idea, but at least you get various types of fruits and vegetables, which I would actually often appreciate.
I really wish Finnair looked more carefully into these little details that can make a great impact on overall service quality. They are on the right way, just ignoring the full potential.
florens likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by on22cz
I have to say it again - how can an aspirant for European best Business class serve this Alepa-like fruit salad package?
I find the normal meals quite good. The SPMLs can just bring their own if they have a problem with the offerings. I'm not willing to pay for every single special diet in my ticket.
ffay005, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Well, I had the salad included even on a normal meal tray. And my comment wasn't at all criticising quality of normal meals. More like the other way if you see the last sentence.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by florens

vegan meal
Got one of these ordered in few days... was it tasty? What is it?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lehovec

Got one of these ordered in few days... was it tasty? What is it?
It was ok. It was lentils (a bit spicy), eggplant and some sort of polenta. No idea what the starter was.
lehovec likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
AMS-HEL, as we speak

Had the same on Sat on the GVA-HEL evening flight (24 PAX, 3 in J and 21 in Y on a A319)

Only thing good on this tray was the beetroot / sour cream starter (reminded me of something similar served on AY LH a few weeks ago, with a pickled root veg and Västergötlands ost as a starter).

The IKEA meatball wanna-be dish: I could not for the life of me figure out what the dried-in green stuff was.

I read some people "love" the meatball dish (which is fine as we all have different taste) but I found it tasteless, except for a few bursts of heat from the chili sauce thing and the dried out pasta ends didn't add anything to the dish. Unfortunately the other option on offer this evening was some Salmon thing, so not for me...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Oh haha I did think that the beatroot was absolutely .....
Loved the pasta and meatballs. And indeed, what is that green stuff??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.