Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Somehow I believe that a riistaleipä would taste a lot better than this.

I never get op-ups on this route. And you always seem to get them. I'm envious even if I shouldn't be. An exit row seat and a glass of water is fine by me, but still...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
On morning flight to AMS this week there were two breakfast options, both a warm and a cold one.
Is this new? I took the cold one as I thought it would be better for my digestion.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:12 am

It has been like that for a while. The cold one is a lot better IMO. I don't miss the rubber eggs.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:03 pm

On a recent fly I was discreetly asked my choice for the main before anyone else (OWE) so I really think things are changing for the better.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I was very happy with the dining on my recent trip to Dublin. Two main course options, opted for pasta both ways and was happy with my choices. Proper desserts both ways (apple tart, chocolate roll cake). I was particularly happy to see that they had changed the wines as well: the former white that was a mix of riesling and gewürztraminer if I remember correctly was way too sweet for my taste. Also, very pleasant and professional pursers.
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Just for silly comparison:

A 4 hour SQ flight TPE- SIN on ECONOMY had these menus to choose from:

​​​​​​Food looked like this, ice cream came later with coffee
Before takeoff, they provided warm towels (real towels).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by loimu
I was very happy with the dining on my recent trip to Dublin. Two main course options, opted for pasta both ways and was happy with my choices. Proper desserts both ways (apple tart, chocolate roll cake). I was particularly happy to see that they had changed the wines as well: the former white that was a mix of riesling and gewürztraminer if I remember correctly was way too sweet for my taste. Also, very pleasant and professional pursers.
Great to hear, and about the desserts in particular. Sounds like my feedback really made a difference (or at least let me think it did ). Out of curiosity: has anyone else here complained to AY specifically because of the missing dessert in SH J?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by lento
Just for silly comparison:

A 4 hour SQ flight TPE- SIN on ECONOMY had these menus to choose from:

​​​​​​Food looked like this, ice cream came later with coffee
Before takeoff, they provided warm towels (real towels).
Lento, you must stop immediately! Posting a picture of something that's far more substantial than a AY SH J meal, and revealing that it is, in fact, a SH Y meal from another airline, will give people here very very wrong ideas about what "korkealaatuinen ateriakokonaisuus" means. Shame on you!

PS1: Fruit AND ice cream. What a dessert! Melikes. ^
PS2: Just flew TG on a 2-hour flight. While there was no menu, there was a complimentary hot meal with two choices (chicken or shrimp), salad, dessert (apple cake) and a warm roll. Nothing classy, and certainly not up to SQ standards, but reasonably tasty and equivalent to the Y meal that AY sells in SH Y.
lento likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by ffay005
Great to hear, and about the desserts in particular. Sounds like my feedback really made a difference (or at least let me think it did ). Out of curiosity: has anyone else here complained to AY specifically because of the missing dessert in SH J?
I did a couple of times
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Absolutely. Also sent them a thanking feedback for the improvements. And I agree, the "dessert" used to be the most embarrassing part of the meal service.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I did!
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:13 am

Great, so I suppose we can say that they really do listen to feedback. 4 Platskus, and we probably aren't the only ones.

So what shall we demand next? Lobster rolls and caviar service?
SPBanker, loimu, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Out of curiosity: has anyone else here complained to AY specifically because of the missing dessert in SH J?
I've done that a couple of times. On some occaisons I received 5000 points' compensation and on some occaisons didn't.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Off-topic, but take a look at A3 (that just released a marketing concept with local chefs so similar to AY longhaul one might think they stole it).

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...ard/food-wine/

N.b this is shorthaul J.

Old May 14, 2018, 6:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
BUD-HEL

2 options were offered, I went for meatballs and was positively surprised.

Overall, the normal presentation. Food was in storeage / heater for too long, with was noticable. Meatball sauce had hardened surface, the green on starter looked bleak and not fresh.

Taste of starter was good, prawn salad always works for me. (In picture clear evidence of stored too long - dry bread, water from prawns. But still tasted well)

Meatballs was very taste and well spiced. Despite stiff surface, taste won out and I ate all.

Desert was some kind of berry cake/tart. A bit too dry for my taste, but nothing wrng with it in general. Much appreciated a proper dessert was served.
Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.