Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by finnishlad

Lasagne for main. Very fast and good service on this flight
the dessert is outrageous though!!!! Come on, a cookie?!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I liked this salad from HEL-CPH much more than the hot vegetarian meal I got from HEL-AGP I mentioned above.

Does anyone know what the flavorings in the quinoa were? I was a bit surprised to find it under the lettuces, tomatoes, feta and fruit pieces.

Note too that Finnair’s brown bread served warm is excellent. It was the same as I had in the lounge and I really enjoyed it.

SPBanker likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:22 pm

SFML outbound

Prawn pasta. This time the appetizer was salmon and not vendace. I think everyone got the same meal but the appetizer for the rest was some kind of tofu. I liked the meal I had ordered.

The normal meal had two Fazer chocolates but at least some customers were offered the same dessert as me. On another flight my SFML was served with a cookie but the normal dessert was two pieces of Fazer chocolate. Even more penny-pinching?

Still quite underwhelming. See my post #930 in the British Airways Club Europe Catering thread. It was a 2 hours 30 min flight and the food was more substancial and tastier. On BA band 1 and 2 salads are weaker than AY but there is always a small appetizer and a genuine dessert.

Last edited by nordic; Aug 23, 2022 at 12:41 am
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by nordic
The normal meal had two Fazer chocolates but at least some customers were offered the same dessert as me. On another flight my SFML was served with a cookie but the normal dessert was two pieces of Fazer chocolate. Even more pennu-pinching?
I was offered two fazer chocolates as dessert on my recent flight to VIE. However, when the coffee was served after the meal, the flight attendant asked who wanted the cookie aswell.
jakas likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:42 am

Ok it’s a new style then.

As a separate note, there were no small useless blue glasses on the trays.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:55 am

Not impressed with the sandwiches I got on Finnair from ARN-HEL and HEL-ARN.

The first was a kind of salmon rémoulade sandwich in flat brown bread.

The second was a cheese sandwich. I couldn’t figure out all the ingredients because they were only in Finnish and Swedish but I did notice that the sandwich contained margarine and not butter. Didn’t even try this second one. What a crazy thing to do for a cheese sandwich — I could understand margarine for vegans (sort of, but it’s disgusting anyway) but not for a dairy sandwich.

HEL-ARN sandwich ingredients Finnair business class

HEL-ARN sandwich business class

Not at all appealing: especially when you can buy a sandwich like this in Arlanda airport at RC cafe, which is generous, looks beautiful and tasted delicious.

Brie and roasted vegetable sandwich on sale in Arlanda

Last edited by salut0; Aug 23, 2022 at 1:46 am
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Margarine is cheaper than butter.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nordic
Ok it’s a new style then.

As a separate note, there were no small useless blue glasses on the trays.
Apparently they have an issue with larger tray availability and are therefore using smaller trays, on which neither the blue glass or the cookie will fit.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by salut0
Not impressed with the sandwiches I got on Finnair from ARN-HEL and HEL-ARN.

The first was a kind of salmon rémoulade sandwich in flat brown bread.

The second was a cheese sandwich. I couldn’t figure out all the ingredients because they were only in Finnish and Swedish but I did notice that the sandwich contained margarine and not butter. ...
Not easy for a swedish speaking person either, as some of the translation is poor.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), KQ Plat (*S Elite Plus), Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
Currently on AY1302 AMS-HEL. Smoked salmon salad (Fish & Seafood meal) was very tastey. And it went very well with the champagne (sorry, no pics).
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

KEF-HEL today, ”side plate ” serviced too
Same stuff on outbound to KEF
work2fly likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by BlueCross
Currently on AY1302 AMS-HEL. Smoked salmon salad (Fish & Seafood meal) was very tastey. And it went very well with the champagne (sorry, no pics).
Did it contain shellfish or crustaceans? I’d have loved a smoked salmon meal but can’t eat those things so couldn’t risk ordering a “fish and seafood meal”). Maybe I should have just risked it since I wouldn’t have been any worse off than the horrible vegetarian slop they served me instead.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

GFML HEL-LHR yesterday evening.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Did it contain shellfish or crustaceans? I’d have loved a smoked salmon meal but can’t eat those things so couldn’t risk ordering a “fish and seafood meal”). Maybe I should have just risked it since I wouldn’t have been any worse off than the horrible vegetarian slop they served me instead.
The salads so far have only contained fish but once the warm meal contained prawns. Finnair has had prawn salad so that is a possibility. You could try ordering SPML and stating you would like to have fish but not shellfish nor crustaceans. I have no idea if that will work (well you would not have shellfish nor crustaceans but you might end up having something else than fish). Please report of it works.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GOTBound
GFML HEL-LHR yesterday evening.
Maybe I'm crazy but the appetizer and entree actually don't look too bad compared to what other dishes we've seen.
the810 and GOTBound like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.