Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair invests in Wi-Fi connectivity across its fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair invests in Wi-Fi connectivity across its fleet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The wording has now been clarified that it remains capped at 30 minutes, blah:
Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum members’ 30-minute Browse package will be updated to a 30-minute Stream package on short-haul flights operated with the Airbus A319, A320 and A321 aircraft. This benefit will become available late January 2024.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 11:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
The wording has now been clarified that it remains capped at 30 minutes, blah:
I belive one more change to WIFI access has been announced:
The Browse package is capped at 30 minutes, but it has now been announced that a new package "message" will kick in when "Browse" is depleeted.

All members will get "Message" package the entire SH journey for free. Message is said to only allow WhatsApp, Viber, KakaoTalk, WeChat and iMessage.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
The Browse package is capped at 30 minutes, but it has now been announced that a new package "message" will kick in when "Browse" is depleeted.

All members will get "Message" package the entire SH journey for free. Message is said to only allow WhatsApp, Viber, KakaoTalk, WeChat and iMessage.
One of the few positive enhancements is that the allowances seem to add up now. I.e. Service class and status allowance add up.

30min browse package from business allowance resulted in one hour browse package for Plat.

I truly hope this is intended.
r2d2, intuition, FFlash and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I now have to choose which package I want to use.

Money or tricycle?

Last edited by r2d2; Dec 3, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Old Dec 3, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Would this mean, though, that you can use stream on your laptop and message on your phone?
r2d2 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Would this mean, though, that you can use stream on your laptop and message on your phone?
I'm flying with one device only, but Nordic Sky says I still have the message package available, so I assume iit could be used on anither device.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Yes, you can use it on both (I did). But message is very basic, as I guess can be expected. Even images on whatsapp fail to load.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by intuition

Message package worked pretty well on HEL-AGP without the clearly marked non-working areas. On flight back it did not work at all. Surprisingly the flight attendant said wi-fi works only if you pay for it (but not on this flight). She seemed to know nothing about the free Whatsapp. I pointed out they could have announced wi-fi did not work and would have saved me and others for trying many times in vain during the long night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.