Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair check-in / bag drop in CPH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Finnair check-in / bag drop in CPH

I'm due to fly CPH-HEL on AY in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to drop my bags off at the airport early for my flight. I'm on AY668 at 20.10, there are two earlier flights at 13.15 and 16.50 that day, I'm staying at the airport Hilton so could I drop the bags off say midday and head into town then just return straight back to the airport instead of leaving the bags at the hotel and having to pick them up along the way? Or is it one of those 'check-in opens strictly 2 hours before departure' type scenarios?

Thanks (kiitos!) ever so much for your help.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm usually quite late at CPH so I have no experience from this scenario in CPH. Checkin opens strictly 2 hours before (and closes 45 minutes before), so desk is only manned between
11.15-12.30
14.50-16.05
18.10-19.25

Technically there shouldn't be a problem with dropping bags at the midday slot even for the evening flight. Now, since this is CPH where 'the inmates are running the asylum', I wouldn't bet on it. It is worth a try, but maybe best to devise a back up plan too. There are lockers at the airport, strangely enough they are located in the parking area (!) P4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.