Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Fast track access at various airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Fast track access at various airports

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Is there a fast track @ AGP?
Good question. I haven't seen one yet. At least for the night departures it is not really needed.
am I able to proceed straight to security (hand luggage only),
do they accept the APP check-in or do I need to get the printed boarding pass from the check-inn desk?
I know that you can go straight to security, but I don't know if the one used mobile or printed.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Yeah, that's true. But if one is flying from HEL to NRT, then my experience is that there is nobody else at immigration (if you are in biz and walk reasonably fast).
+1

As for BKK, they hand out the VIP immigration cards outside the plane door for J pax. (and maybe to status pax in Y, but fortunately I cannot confirm that )
Old May 16, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I did get the VIP immigration card on arrival at BKK as AY+Gold. That was completely useless, since I was transfering to CX toward SIN.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I did get the VIP immigration card on arrival at BKK as AY+Gold. That was completely useless, since I was transfering to CX toward SIN.
It's not useless. Put it away and use it next time (or give it to someone you'll fly with)

As I'm often flying intra-Asia in the back of the bus, the extra VIP card comes handy.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:12 am

I did put it away for later use (as I did with a spare Accès N.1 pass) but of course, I lost it.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
Originally Posted by SPBanker
NRT does not have fast track for immigration, not on arrival and not on departure. There is fast track for security for business class passengers.
I have used the security fast track as AY+ when flying Y when departing from NRT. The line is pretty much empty and you will get though security way faster. It's a nice perk even though Japan is always fast. This perk was a life saver in MIA since the line for security check is way longer in the US.

Regarding immigration at NRT, as long as you have prepared your landing card on the plane it will be smooth sailing. I pass NRT immigration several times per year. It might be congestion on the afternoon when planes land from the US, but morning arrivals like AY and JL usually isn't a problem.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Is there a fast track @ AGP?
Yes, there is a fast track. From the check-in go to security and bypass it. At the other end of the security you find the fast track. As a minus you end up in the line for families with small children, but at least nearly at the front of it. As I learned now it is very nice during daytime when the security is quite congested.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I just printed my boarding passes for my trip from OSL to NRT in J tomorrow, and I noticed the boarding pass from OSL to HEL doesn't have priority security or fast track printed on it. Doesn't AY offer fast track at OSL anymore? They did last time I flew them.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gordon0808
I just printed my boarding passes for my trip from OSL to NRT in J tomorrow, and I noticed the boarding pass from OSL to HEL doesn't have priority security or fast track printed on it. Doesn't AY offer fast track at OSL anymore? They did last time I flew them.
According to the AY website they do, both for J class and OWE. This is my experience as well, but a frequent OSL flier might confirm?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I was in OSL on Monday last week, had fast track as Plat. Will fly again from OSL on Thursday this week. Will let you know.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:48 pm

I will find out myself tomorrow. I just found it strange that the boarding pass didn't mention fast track, when the other boarding pass (HEL-NRT) did.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
At ORD there was no fast track security anymore. Despite it being printed on the boarding pass.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by gordon0808
... I just found it strange that the boarding pass didn't mention fast track, when the other boarding pass (HEL-NRT) did.
I too think this strange. They always print PRIORITY SECURITY on boarding passes, why would that suddenly disappear? It will be very interesting to hear niksal reporting back from coming trip.

Originally Posted by Aviating
At ORD there was no fast track security anymore. Despite it being printed on the boarding pass.
As in "there physically was no priority anymore" or as in "we don't f-ing care what is printed on your BP, go stand in the other line"?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:32 am

The ORD AA terminal had no priority security in February when I was there. It had Pre, CLEAR and cattle lanes. That seems to be the new normal in the US.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:32 am

No problems. Fast track is still available at OSL 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.