FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   AY Fast track access at various airports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1610382-ay-fast-track-access-various-airports.html)

FFlash Sep 5, 2014 1:04 pm

AY Fast track access at various airports

Did not find a general thread around fast track access for AY elites, so started new (there are only couple of threads concerning HEL)

Frankfurt - according to AY, only Buz eligible?

I have an upcoming FRA flight there next week and I wonder if there is any way to access fast track a la CDG?

CDG - only buz eligible, but in fact the electronic gate lets through AY silver boarding pass.

FRA being in Germany though, ze rules are ze rules...

Courmisch Sep 6, 2014 10:06 am

You mean priority given to AY elites, or priority given to OW elites flying on AY metal?

1000k00 Mar 14, 2016 8:52 am

Fast Track service at NRT & BKK(Upon arrival)

Does AY provide a pass for bus. class pax to use F T service at these airports?
I put this ? to Finnair on Facebook and was told to contact the airport of concern. Obviously wasn't on same wavelength as the responder. Perhaps I will do better here.

Jainzar Mar 14, 2016 9:08 am

Just check the list for your airports.

Usually it should be provided.

finhub Mar 14, 2016 9:18 am

I don't know about FRA, but I've got access (as a plat) to priority security few times, for example in FCO. Somewhere else too, but cannot remember where it was :confused:
FCO is listed granting priority security access for emeralds on OW site, but only when traveling on CX. FRA is not listed at all.
So dunno if they have priority security for OW in FRA at all? Maybe it's only for LH and *A?
Anyway, you should definitely try :D

Steve_Hun Mar 14, 2016 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar (Post 26330420)
Just check the list for your airports.

Usually it should be provided.

As far as I understand, 1000k00 is asking about arrivals "fast track" in NRT and BKK, while the linked site only refers to departure priority security...

finhub Mar 14, 2016 9:33 am

Damn! I was also replying to OP, which was like 2 years old question :confused:
Well in BKK there was fast track to immigration (I was traveling in J) when I was there last time. About NRT, dunno.

Jainzar Mar 14, 2016 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 26330492)
As far as I understand, 1000k00 is asking about arrivals "fast track" in NRT and BKK, while the linked site only refers to departure priority security...

BKK / NRT is not written anywhere in the post ... and fast track can mean priority security ;)

finhub Mar 14, 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar (Post 26330555)
BKK / NRT is not written anywhere in the post ... and fast track can mean priority security ;)

Actually they both are mentioned - in the title :D
but anyway, quite confusing discussion so far...

Justinus Mar 14, 2016 10:09 am

Originally Posted by finhub (Post 26330461)
... but I've got access (as a plat) to priority security few times, for example in FCO.

A lot of airlines offer the fast track at FCO - but AY still not! I've never got access to it... It is stunning that AY has neglected this at FCO (at MXP it was introduced for AY pax only a couple of years ago).

SPBanker Mar 14, 2016 10:09 am

NRT does not have fast track for immigration, not on arrival and not on departure. There is fast track for security for business class passengers.

ORD Finn Mar 14, 2016 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker (Post 26330717)
NRT does not have fast track for immigration, not on arrival and not on departure. There is fast track for security for business class passengers.

They do have a priority line (or whatever it is called) at NRT immigration. I was once directed to it when traveling with small children. But no status/class based fast track there... or I think with a diplomat status you can use that priority line as well :p

SPBanker Mar 14, 2016 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ORD Finn (Post 26331054)
They do have a priority line (or whatever it is called) at NRT immigration. I was once directed to it when traveling with small children. But no status/class based fast track there... or I think with a diplomat status you can use that priority line as well :p

Yeah, that's true. But if one is flying from HEL to NRT, then my experience is that there is nobody else at immigration (if you are in biz and walk reasonably fast).

Karjaluokka May 16, 2016 3:30 am

AGP - few questions

Is there a fast track @ AGP?

am I able to proceed straight to security (hand luggage only),
do they accept the APP check-in or do I need to get the printed boarding pass from the check-inn desk?

TTL May 16, 2016 3:43 am

What I miss is a fast track to UK immigration at LHR. Recent experience from the "fast track" of JFK T8 security was a miserable experience. My friends using the normal lines were faster.