Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Can Hong Kong City centre check-in also rebook flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member

I just realised that my connecting flight (HKG-HEL-LHR) was booked incorrectly, and I have a whole day in Helsinki (I assume a mix-up between 07:00 and 17:00).

Can the Hong Kong City check-in rebook me (my ticket is changeable), or should I do this at the airport itself (or even wait until I arrive in HEL and see what they can do)?

(Alternatively what's a nice way to spend 10 hours in Helsinki after an overnight flight?)
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
No ticketing available at the CI in town/Kowloon as far as I know. Better to give AY a call and do it over the phone or at the airport...and why would you anyway wait until the day of departure...no point at all if you really do not want to spend 10 hours, tired from travel, in Helsinki...it's mostly cold, rainy and not to mention expensive here anyway..

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 am
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Have used the in town ckeck in many times, but never tried rebook a ticket.

My experience in general is that AY check in desks cannot do anything with bookings, but they can "call Finland" if needed. That would probably require a station manager and I'm not sure one is around in HKG downtown. The agent working there is serving several airlines, so it is not a dedicated AY staff.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
N.B. AFAIK there is no AY staff at HKG airport until approx 2 hours before take off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.