Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair flights with Silja Club One points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair flights with Silja Club One points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Sorry, but I don't see where this is good value - .
Unless you want to take ferry to Tallinn to "build a case" - then you might easily end up spending 4000€ on ticket, dine wine ..., and taxfree "cases" and you earn ClubOne points on all that.

"Take a ferry, get a free flight!" style...not my cup of tea though
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Tallink-Silja AY flight rewards now bookable until 11JAN18.

They've raised the prices, moved KAO to the cheaper category, removed HAM and added FCO.

The table is here: http://www.tallinksilja.fi/bonusmatk...bs-content-2-3

For 110 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–KAO, CPH, OSL, STO, RIX.

For 150 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–LHR, CDG, FCO, TXL, AMS, IVL KTT, RVN.

The rewards are for roundtrip flights with a minimum stay of 1 day and maximum 3 months.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Tallink-Silja AY flight rewards now bookable until 11JAN18.

They've raised the prices, moved KAO to the cheaper category, removed HAM and added FCO.

The table is here: http://www.tallinksilja.fi/bonusmatk...bs-content-2-3

For 110 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–KAO, CPH, OSL, STO, RIX.

For 150 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–LHR, CDG, FCO, TXL, AMS, IVL KTT, RVN.

The rewards are for roundtrip flights with a minimum stay of 1 day and maximum 3 months.
Interesting. however I find those redemption very bad value. I would rather take a cruise with my 75k or some points. Well not enough for a "cruise" to LHR but what about a positioning cruise to Berlin
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:06 am

I just booked CDG with ClubOne points today. A relatively smooth experience.

I was booking for my sister. Turns out the ClubOne member may only book for himself. But it was not a problem – the programme allows point transfers between accounts with no limits and no costs, so I suggested that we attempt to book now and if there's availability, then I'll just transfer the points to my sister's account. Worked fine.

You call ClubOne, tell them which flights you want and then they contact AY and get back to you with the result. In my case, I was looking at certain flights on certain days and did not give any options. They called back in less than 2 hours and confirmed the flights I wanted.

I transferred the points online during the call and paid the €50 copay over the phone with my credit card. I received a confirmation by email. The ticket will arrive in 14 days.

The flights are in Q class, include one bag and will most likely earn AY+ points too. As far as I can see, everything remains exactly as it was in Saturne-79's report from 2013, except that there's now a copay to cover "taxes".

Last edited by ffay005; Jan 20, 2017 at 7:13 am Reason: baggage allowance added
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Interesting. however I find those redemption very bad value. I would rather take a cruise with my 75k or some points. Well not enough for a "cruise" to LHR but what about a positioning cruise to Berlin
I don't think they allow one ways...

Yeah, value is an eternal discussion. In this case, we needed certain flights and a light ticket would have cost almost €400. I found this a good use of ClubOne points but of course it depends on your travel preferences.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:34 am

Follow-up: the ticket came by email promptly 14 days after the reservation was made, just as promised. The ticket was sent by TallinkSilja, but ticketing was made by SMT Liikematkapalvelut. Fare basis is QSFPSLR.

When I went to MMB to add the AY+#, I noticed that the email they have on file for the booking was to to TallinkSilja , so make sure you change that to your own email address if you want to receive updates about flight changes etc.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:29 am

So how much does that fare basis earn?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:55 am

According to the points calculator, booking class Q and no ticket type earns 1000 points one way. I'll report back after the flights to confirm if this really was the case.
LaplandFlyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:02 pm

To follow up on this: I can now confirm that the ClubOne award flights earn 50 %, so for Europe, it's 1000 tier & award points one way. It's listed as "Other (Q)", Other replacing the usual Light/Basic/Value/Pro on the statement.
Old May 13, 2017, 1:05 pm

slightly offtopic but I tried to burn my clubone points the other day and found it impossible. Either there are no good redemptions available due to dynamic pricing, and then if available, the "reittikohtainen maksu"=fees are so high that any easy-to-find promo code makes simple cash booking equal price as clubone points booking. Bah. No surprise I have not been going to ferries for some time and will not go. Just have some 80000 pts from the time I had to do some ferry travels taking my car to Sweden.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Yeah, it's a hit or miss really. Sometimes, it's like "pay €40 for a B cabin, or burn 40 000 points and pay €35", completely useless. Then on the other hand, last time I booked a C cabin for €68 but later changed my booking to a Deluxe cabin by burning 25 000 points and paying €2 more. That sure was good value! Go figure...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:07 am

Tallink-Silja AY flight rewards for 2018:

They've created a third price category and actually lowered most of the prices. FCO and CDG are now 10k more expensive but all the rest are 10–20k cheaper.

The table is here: https://www.tallinksilja.fi/fi/bonus...Tabs-content-3

For 100 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–CPH, OSL, STO.

For 130 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–LHR, TXL, AMS, IVL, KAO, KTT, RVN.

For 160 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–CDG, FCO

The rewards are for roundtrip flights with a minimum stay of 1 day and maximum 3 months. They book into Q, include one bag and earn 50 % AY+ points.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:27 am

Booked TXL with ClubOne points. Everything works exactly as before: you call Tallink, tell them which flights you want, they call you back once they are confirmed (took maybe two hours in my case and there was availability), you pay the €50 copay over the phone (or you can also pay it via your bank account if you wish) and two weeks after, it gets ticketed and you'll receive all info. Then you can go to MMB and pick your seats and change the email from tallinksilja to your own address. Booking code Q, bare basis QSFPSLR, baggage allowance 1PC (+1 PC elite) and earnings 50 %. As far as AY is concerned, it's a paid ticket bought from SMT.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:19 pm

And how much did you pay for the phone call to TallinkSilja? They have high prices.....
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:31 pm

They've got a 010 number for Golds. I reckon it's not that expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.