Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair flights with Silja Club One points

Old May 15, 13, 8:15 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor

Hello,

did not found anywhere a thread for this:

You are able to change your Club One points to Finnair flights:

90000 pistettä Edestakainen lento 1 henkilölle seuraaviin kohteisiin: Kuusamo, Tukholma, Riika ja Kööpenhamina

110000 pistettä Edestakainen lento 1 henkilölle seuraaviin kohteisiin: Oslo, Berliini, Amsterdam, Rovaniemi, Ivalo ja Kittilä

130000 pistettä Edestakainen lento 1 henkilölle seuraaviin kohteisiin: Lontoo, Pariisi, Hampuri

Bonuslennot varattavissa 31.12.2013 saakka (viimeinen mahd. matkustuspäivä)
Lennot Finnairin reittilennoilla turistiluokassa (=Finnairin tai Flyben kone ja AY-tunnus).
Lähtö joko Helsingistä, Turusta tai Tampereelta
Minimiperilläoloaika 1 vrk. Maksimiperilläoloaika 3 kk. Ei lapsialennuksia
Bonuslennot on varattava Tallink Siljalta vähintään 14 vuorokautta ennen lähtöä. Bonuslentovaraus on sitova, paikkoja rajoitetusti. Ei muutos- eikä peruutusoikeutta.
Bonuslentovaraukset Tallink Siljalta arkipäivisin klo 9.00 - 16.00

Has anyone used this before? Does anyone know if the flights are eligible for AY points, can buy upgrades etc.

Will call to Silja tomorrow to check some available flights to Copenhagen. I will report you if I find out anything, but I don't think that they know anything when calling to Silja...
Old May 15, 13, 11:09 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
No idea about Silja points in specific but I would be very surprised if AY rewards offered good value when booked with 3rd party points.

It's almost 100% sure they won't earn anything to AY Plus and I'd check the value carefully..most likely it's better to use points with direct Silja rewards for someone who uses cruises in the first place.

Short flights are sooo cheap today that rewards in general (with taxes..) make very little sense anyway...only at the last minute they might be good value..
Old May 15, 13, 11:36 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, IHG Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest, BT Vip
Not bad. Requires spending only around €4000 to Silja-products (cruises, restaurants, booze, tax free) to get a return flight to London.
Old May 16, 13, 4:56 am

Only 4000 euros on "tax free"? I´d be dead, as I like the cheap stuff. =)

On the other hand the pros bringing in stuff for friends, family, co-workers etc. can get that amount easily. Some moron who was buying snus for sale illegaly in Finland got busted because he had showed his loyalty card every time making the purchases and the judge correctly realized that the amounts were way too big for personal consumption.
Old May 21, 13, 6:20 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
I called to Club One to make the reservation. I had the timetable in my mind, so it was easy to provide which flight we would like to go. They were not able to see booking situations online, so the agent took our details of the trip and then they called me back from their "special travel services". They called back in few hours and told that they can book the flights for us and will send the confirmation. Also they booked the seat for our baby (9 eur through silja)
I received the confirmation email, but not the actual e-ticket. That will come later..
I checked the booking from MMB and I could see the details (booking class Q), however I was not able to edit anything or enter my FF number.

I will try to upgrade these tickets to J with the half points campaign, will see how it goes....
Old May 21, 13, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, AY Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Saturne-79 View Post
I checked the booking from MMB and I could see the details (booking class Q), however I was not able to edit anything or enter my FF number.
At that time, was the reservation confirmed? (Eg. was there a ticket number shown in MMB?) Just wondering as you hadn't received e-ticket receipt it might be that they are still processing the reservation at AYs end.
Old May 21, 13, 7:20 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by esledo View Post
At that time, was the reservation confirmed? (Eg. was there a ticket number shown in MMB?) Just wondering as you hadn't received e-ticket receipt it might be that they are still processing the reservation at AYs end.
No ticket number yet, so still processing it. Should I wait until the ticket has been written or can I request the upgrade before that?
Funny is that both person travelling has different conf number... So this needs to be solved out as well.
Old May 21, 13, 8:57 am

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
I took Paris flight last year. Good availability and all taxes included.Received also AY points and was upgraded with points.Instant upgrade confirmation through customer service center.
Old May 21, 13, 3:56 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Accor Gold
No ticket number yet, so still processing it. Should I wait until the ticket has been written or can I request the upgrade before that?
The ticket must be issued before you can ask for an upgrade.
Old May 24, 13, 6:25 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast View Post
The ticket must be issued before you can ask for an upgrade.
Thank you for this: will wait until the ticket has been issued. I think it is the same with all FF details and so on, as now I can not edit any details on the reservation. Flight is in the end of June, so no hurry....
Old Jun 5, 13, 4:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaenks View Post
I took Paris flight last year. Good availability and all taxes included.Received also AY points and was upgraded with points.Instant upgrade confirmation through customer service center.

Same was for me: originally it was booked into Q, but was able to upgrade with the points. Unfortunately return flight is with 75W, so no J class.... Strange is that they still are selling J tickets for that flight...

Question: travelling with an infant, so would it be better to have front row seats in J or second row? I guess we might have a good change to take the baby seat with us to the cabin to the empty seat.

All in all: 3100 euros spend in Silja Line gets you return to Copenhagen in Business class! (using AY DC to get the points for upgrade and with the half points campaign)
Old Jun 5, 13, 5:04 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Strange is that they still are selling J tickets for that flight...
I couldn' t find any C-class tickets for 75W to CDG.

It looks like a bug, system offers ticket type "business" but booking class is B and that is ecomony (Pro).

MENO
Helsinki - Pariisi
ma 08 heinäkuu 2013
AY877 B
08:15 - 10:15
Turisti matkustusluokka
Business
PALUU
Pariisi - Helsinki
ma 15 heinäkuu 2013
AY878 B
11:05 - 15:05
Turisti matkustusluokka
Business
HINTA
1833,01 EUR
Old Jun 5, 13, 7:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
I couldn' t find any C-class tickets for 75W to CDG.

It looks like a bug, system offers ticket type "business" but booking class is B and that is ecomony (Pro).
This is totally ridiculous to use the sunlotion smelling flying prison for scheduled service..however, it's a good way to get rid of many French/Asian J pax connecting to/from AY LH..AY are just shooting themselves in the leg here..
Old Feb 1, 16, 5:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Just to refresh this: Tallink-Silja still offers AY flight rewards. The table is here: http://www.tallinksilja.fi/bonusmatk...bs-content-2-3

For 100 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–CPH, OSL, STO, RIX.

For 140 000 Clubone points and a co-pay of €50, you get HEL/TMP/TKU–LHR, CDG, HAM, TXL, AMS, IVL KTT, RVN, KAO.

The rewards are for roundtrip flights with a minimum stay of 1 day and maximum 3 months.

IMO these are surprisingly good value. As a Clubone Gold member, you get a European flight when you spend ~€4500. (As a AY+ member, you will normally need to spend at least the same amount to receive the same reward (eg. super-cheapo HEL-LHR-HEL gets you 2000 points and might cost around €200, so after 22 roundtrips, you've spent €4400 on those tickets. Longhaul I fares will get you there for less money, though.)

Does anyone have any recent experience about booking these rewards from Tallink-Silja?
Old Feb 2, 16, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Sorry, but I don't see where this is good value - true, I have absolutely no idea how Clubone works, what are the alternative uses, etc.

For 4,5k€ I'd fly about 3x to the FarEast in C ex-Eur, that's 120k points at the very least with no status (but even after the first return one would have already silver) and 150k as Plat. That's 3 intra-Eur return rewards wtih change left over.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: