Fairmont Platinum Welcome Amenity?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:12 am

St. Andrews-Candy in shape of a whale
Sonoma-Bottle of wine
San Francisco-Fruit plate
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down Palliser does not deliver

Stay 2 of 4

No welcome amenity and a completely "in the fog" response to the question "why?" from the Gold Floor concierge. She thinks only some Platinums are entitled based on stay pattern (huh?). I told her otherwise and she offered a fruit basket, cheese or chocolates in the am. I said a fruit basket would be fine since we were heading out - a fruit plate in a "to go dish" was delivered! I will dutifully fill out my comment card. Indeed the Gold Floor staff here need some serious additional training - ie. are there lockers in the fitness centre got the response of "I think so" - It's their hotel! She didn't know where the Hertz office was either. Quite poor. Will stay at the Hyatt when in Calgary.

Last edited by Altaflyer; Sep 4, 2005 at 9:32 pm
Old Sep 4, 2005, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up Chateau Lake Louise delivers!

Stay 3 of 4

Although a modest welcome amenity it is one that I really appreciate! An infuser with a small tin of loose maple tea and about 10-12 maple tea bags along with 3 chocolate dipped shortbread cookies. I quite liked this one, a bit more creative than a fruit basket.

The Chateau also delivered a one bedroom Lakeview Suite in the new Mt. Temple Wing with a personal welcome from the manager - amazing and well done! :-:
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up Banff Springs delivers

Stay 4 of 4

The Banff Springs delivered a decorative tin of chocolates. This is apparently standard here unless you ask for something different. I would have done so at check-in 'cause chocolate is not something I like to eat in boxed quantities but wanted to see if something showed up on its own, this being a scientific survey Anyways they have graciously agreed to substitute a small cheese and fruit plate. Again well done ^

Maybe I was a bit harsh, 3 of 4 is not bad and the Palliser seems to have some minor service issues so perhaps the lack of amenity fits in with that.

Overall, great job!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:13 pm

Special Amenities

San Fran: Cool goodie plate

NOLA: Choc covered Straws with tux napkins... (best yet)

south FLA: Beautiful hour' derves plate.

Vancover: Wine
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Kea Lani amenity

Kea Lani, Maui

This is the best yet for me.

A spectacular fruit tray that took a week to finish.

A bottle of chilled white wine (my wife found it elsewhere at the resort offered at $65 a bottle)

An amazing tray of cheese, bread, and crackers.

A picture frame and card (as a wedding aniversary gift).

My wife and I were very impressed.

Also a triple upgrade from the lowest priced suite with only one upgrade coupon.

Stayed at the Fairmont Olympic this week and again received my own personal stationary.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Stay 2 of 4

No welcome amenity and a completely "in the fog" response to the question "why?" from the Gold Floor concierge. She thinks only some Platinums are entitled based on stay pattern (huh?). I told her otherwise and she offered a fruit basket, cheese or chocolates in the am. I said a fruit basket would be fine since we were heading out - a fruit plate in a "to go dish" was delivered! I will dutifully fill out my comment card. Indeed the Gold Floor staff here need some serious additional training - ie. are there lockers in the fitness centre got the response of "I think so" - It's their hotel! She didn't know where the Hertz office was either. Quite poor. Will stay at the Hyatt when in Calgary.
I agree your experince does not sound positive. The staff member must be new and not well trained.

My past stays at the Palliser on the Gold Floor have been fantastic (although I have not been there in about a year). I am staying there in October and hope to report an improvment to your experience.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Fairmont Waterfront

Three strawberries.
PC desk closed again, both at ckin and out.

I see severl mentions of the Golg Floor, are you booking and paying for it, or getting it as a free upgrade. I just completed my 18th stay of the year with Fairmont, 17 last year, have yet to see this mystical Gold Floor.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taupo

Three strawberries.
PC desk closed again, both at ckin and out.

I see severl mentions of the Golg Floor, are you booking and paying for it, or getting it as a free upgrade. I just completed my 18th stay of the year with Fairmont, 17 last year, have yet to see this mystical Gold Floor.
Received one gold floor comp upgrade at Royal York ,last year.Mrs.acysb87 was travelling with me. ^ (she is along this week as well to Toronto )

Have 5 stays and 10 nights booked at Fairmont over next few months.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last time I talked my way onto the Gold Floor as my suite u/g was not ready yet You need to be creative. I have never seen the PC desk closed at the Waterfront. Three strawberries is a little bit cheap I think although given that I can't recall what I got there the last couple of times it must not have been memorable.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Savoy

No amenity and no upgrade offered. I did not call about the amenity, in their defense. On the upgrade, they are very much by-the-rules, much more so than US Fairmonts. I arrived early in the AM after a redeye, and there was no room in my reserved category available when I arrived. There was a room in the next category up, but they would not give it to me without a room upgrade coupon (which I fortunately had, and didn't mind using, so all worked out OK).
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
That seems like a little much to me. Plats are guarenteed early arrival (albeit, you probably have to have the concierge arrange it?) -- I wouldn't have been excited about having to use a coupon to get in my room.

Originally Posted by MikeBOS
No amenity and no upgrade offered. I did not call about the amenity, in their defense. On the upgrade, they are very much by-the-rules, much more so than US Fairmonts. I arrived early in the AM after a redeye, and there was no room in my reserved category available when I arrived. There was a room in the next category up, but they would not give it to me without a room upgrade coupon (which I fortunately had, and didn't mind using, so all worked out OK).
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
That seems like a little much to me. Plats are guarenteed early arrival (albeit, you probably have to have the concierge arrange it?) -- I wouldn't have been excited about having to use a coupon to get in my room.
Early yes but at 8am - No. Agreed they could have been more accomodating but 8 am guarantee is not to be relied upon IMHO. I suspect early notice to the hotel may have resulted in a better outcome. I always make these requests ahead of time and am never disappointed.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Early yes but at 8am - No. Agreed they could have been more accomodating but 8 am guarantee is not to be relied upon IMHO. I suspect early notice to the hotel may have resulted in a better outcome. I always make these requests ahead of time and am never disappointed.
The official "early arrival" time is noon, though they did know that I'd be arriving earlier than that. To be fair to them, there was some confusion with my reservation (ended up as 2 consecutive 1-night stays instead of 1 2-night stay), and they did have a room in my category for 1 night available immediately, but that room was not available the following night.

I didn't mind using the coupon because at other Fairmonts I never need them...this is literally the first time ever that I've wanted an upgrade and not been offered one automatically.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:42 pm

Nothing from Fairmont Tremblant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.