Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell Fairmont President's Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:42 am

RIP..
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
So many great memories of stays at different Fairmont Hotels. Our most memorable stay was at the Fairmont Hamburg but we probably spend most nights at the Fairmont in Whistler. I am curious to see what happens now that FPC is history. If they start to argue about late checkout and other perks, my loyalty is gone. There are too many good hotels that offer similar service. FPC and the amazing staff at many Fairmont properties were the key reasons to be loyal and if that is going to change our business goes elsewhere.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by totti
So many great memories of stays at different Fairmont Hotels. Our most memorable stay was at the Fairmont Hamburg but we probably spend most nights at the Fairmont in Whistler. I am curious to see what happens now that FPC is history. If they start to argue about late checkout and other perks, my loyalty is gone. There are too many good hotels that offer similar service. FPC and the amazing staff at many Fairmont properties were the key reasons to be loyal and if that is going to change our business goes elsewhere.
Arguing about late check outs is a given with Accor since this benefit is subject to availability.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:37 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
It's over, it's done.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Indeed, the program is done, but I still have my Fairmont Platinum luggage tags!!

I will certainly miss the benefits, it was a very unique program that not many really understood. Lots of wonderful memories, I'm glad I took my family with me to Hawaii last August, burned through all my certs, and had delightful stays at the Fairmont Kea Lani and the Fairmont Orchid. I hope to go back soon, hopefully the same friendly service remains, but dang, I'll miss that upgraded oceanfront view!
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:36 am

Haven't stayed in a Fairmont hotel since the program ended. It was interesting while it lasted. Loved the Kea Lani in Maui. Wouldn't mind trying the one on the Big Island. The only reason I stayed at most of the Fairmont (Barbados, Chicago, etc.) was because of the benefits and the credit card. Now back at Marriotts and Hiltons. Going to the Westin St. John in 2 weeks... Tata, Fairmont...
Eagle_traveler likes this.

Last edited by lbotez; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:09 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Managed a sweet ending for the Fairmont program at our favorite Fairmont, the Banff Springs. SO and I are Plats and he had transferred all his certs to my account to make it easier to try to burn as many as we could in February.

With our last free night cert and a suite upgrade cert we were booked for February 28th with dinner planned at the Samurai. I had a massage planned as well on March 1st as we had approximately $597 CAD in dining and spa certs to use up!

Someone from Accor reached out before our arrival via text as they do - I texted back if I could use our 4 remaining suite upgrades on the last night of the cert program to get a nicer suite if possible with a smiley emoji. I figured it couldn't hurt and worst that could happen is that she would tell me that isn't allowed

Same agent texted back that she thought she might have the perfect suite for us for the night and she would set it up for our arrival. I was excited that our night might not have to be spent in a Gatehouse Suite, as I loved the character of the 1 bedroom suites we always stayed in within the main building before the Accor merger.

Arrived to find out that we had been given the Royal Penthouse Suite!!! Stunning panoramic views, a very large living room with a second level library, and even a baby grand piano! The historic photos of royalty throughout the suite were a treat to view as well.

It was an amazing night for us, complete with eating a lot of tasty food at the Samurai restaurant. As all our certs had been applied as credit to the room on the 28th, I was able to get a massage the next morning and we had a lunch at the Rundle Lounge. I even bought three bags of local beef jerky at the Stock just before we checked out to try to use every last dime of our dining credits

Thank you Fairmont Banff Springs and your great staff for the amazing night, and thank you Fairmont program for enabling us to stay in some grand suites throughout the world!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Managed a sweet ending for the Fairmont program at our favorite Fairmont, the Banff Springs. SO and I are Plats and he had transferred all his certs to my account to make it easier to try to burn as many as we could in February.

With our last free night cert and a suite upgrade cert we were booked for February 28th with dinner planned at the Samurai. I had a massage planned as well on March 1st as we had approximately $597 CAD in dining and spa certs to use up!

Someone from Accor reached out before our arrival via text as they do - I texted back if I could use our 4 remaining suite upgrades on the last night of the cert program to get a nicer suite if possible with a smiley emoji. I figured it couldn't hurt and worst that could happen is that she would tell me that isn't allowed

Same agent texted back that she thought she might have the perfect suite for us for the night and she would set it up for our arrival. I was excited that our night might not have to be spent in a Gatehouse Suite, as I loved the character of the 1 bedroom suites we always stayed in within the main building before the Accor merger.

Arrived to find out that we had been given the Royal Penthouse Suite!!! Stunning panoramic views, a very large living room with a second level library, and even a baby grand piano! The historic photos of royalty throughout the suite were a treat to view as well.

It was an amazing night for us, complete with eating a lot of tasty food at the Samurai restaurant. As all our certs had been applied as credit to the room on the 28th, I was able to get a massage the next morning and we had a lunch at the Rundle Lounge. I even bought three bags of local beef jerky at the Stock just before we checked out to try to use every last dime of our dining credits

Thank you Fairmont Banff Springs and your great staff for the amazing night, and thank you Fairmont program for enabling us to stay in some grand suites throughout the world!
I assume you're talking about room 919? I bit convoluted to get there, with 2 different elevator rides, but worth it!

I also burned up some final suite upgrades at BSH just before the program ended, checking out on Feb 27. I still had a few go unused, since my wife and I were also both Platinum FPC, and with the bonus certs given last year, it was more upgrades than my available vacation time allowed. I like your strategy of offering to apply all the remaining certs on a single stay... I didn't think of that!
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:31 pm

Burned my last upgrades at the JPL after a stay at the Mayakoba.

Going to miss the program a lot. I asked the agent at check out what the standard Platinum upgrade would be, and she said there was no way to upgrade from a normal room to even a suite anymore, unless they are basically empty.

We did get late check-out though. At the Mayakoba, all inclusive package was also extended to expire with late check out, amazing benefit. The agent did say late check-out was still "guaranteed" for platinum members.

Overall, a huge loss. However, the welcome drinks were nice! Anything on the menu under 20$.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:56 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Farewell FPC, had a fantastic stay on the Gold floor (booked Fairmont room, used Suite upgrade cert. Got offer for Gold floor for $75 extra/day and got Shenandoah Suite as upgrade) at Fairmont Washington DC. Whole stay was flawless and a great way to end my relationship with FPC.

Will no longer go out of my way to stay at Fairmont (Accor plat till end of year) but will always stay at certain properties if the price is right.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I really wish we’d had the chance to get to a fairmont for the end of the program. Just couldn’t swing it. But, we’ll always have the memories, and hopefully, at some of the properties we FREQUENTED for the past 15 years, they’ll remember a bit.
Brendan and Arthurrs like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
No other hotel program has ever been so beneficial. I have had some incredible stays due to the Suite Upgrade Cert's. That is what I will miss the most. I will cherish these memories forever.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Some interesting stays for others here.

I used every single certificate, except for a single room upgrade.

The Banff Springs (upgrade to Gold Floor as an exception) and the Pacific Rim (upgraded to a huge corner suite this time) were my 2 comp nights with certs and the Palliser and Royal York were my other upgrade cert usage.
Arthurrs likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat, FPC Plat
Farewell FPC, it was a great 10 years for me. Best program ever, nothing else came close in terms of soft and hard benefits. Earned my absolute loyalty for 10 years, I would always go out of the way to stay at a Fairmont during business and leisure travel.

Because of the program changes, I've taken the opportunity to explore other high end brands. Looks like they've lost me and I am sure many other die-hard Fairmont loyalists. well done Accor!

Many, many beautiful wonderful memories at Fairmont properties during this last decade. Truly a part of my life. Checking the site I managed to make it to 23 Fairmonts. Not bad

Was able to treat my parents to a comp night + suite ug + $300 in certs at the banff springs for the final farewell. Very nice way to end it IMO!

Thank you FPC and especially the entire FPC team running the program internally at Fairmont, you did an amazing job.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Unfortunately we also left a few suite upgrade certs on the table but burned all the rest at a stay at the BSH in January which is one our favourite hotels in the world. Know some higher ups there that will hopefully help with any future stays but there is definitely a feeling of emptiness now that the program has ended and we're subject to the silly Accor program. The likelihood of ever getting a suite upgrade as an Accor Platinum is definitely remote so the heyday is over.

Marriott and Hilton have filled in some of the void but it just won't be the same...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.