FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Fairmont President's Club
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:37 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Managed a sweet ending for the Fairmont program at our favorite Fairmont, the Banff Springs. SO and I are Plats and he had transferred all his certs to my account to make it easier to try to burn as many as we could in February.

With our last free night cert and a suite upgrade cert we were booked for February 28th with dinner planned at the Samurai. I had a massage planned as well on March 1st as we had approximately $597 CAD in dining and spa certs to use up!

Someone from Accor reached out before our arrival via text as they do - I texted back if I could use our 4 remaining suite upgrades on the last night of the cert program to get a nicer suite if possible with a smiley emoji. I figured it couldn't hurt and worst that could happen is that she would tell me that isn't allowed

Same agent texted back that she thought she might have the perfect suite for us for the night and she would set it up for our arrival. I was excited that our night might not have to be spent in a Gatehouse Suite, as I loved the character of the 1 bedroom suites we always stayed in within the main building before the Accor merger.

Arrived to find out that we had been given the Royal Penthouse Suite!!! Stunning panoramic views, a very large living room with a second level library, and even a baby grand piano! The historic photos of royalty throughout the suite were a treat to view as well.

It was an amazing night for us, complete with eating a lot of tasty food at the Samurai restaurant. As all our certs had been applied as credit to the room on the 28th, I was able to get a massage the next morning and we had a lunch at the Rundle Lounge. I even bought three bags of local beef jerky at the Stock just before we checked out to try to use every last dime of our dining credits

Thank you Fairmont Banff Springs and your great staff for the amazing night, and thank you Fairmont program for enabling us to stay in some grand suites throughout the world!
I assume you're talking about room 919? I bit convoluted to get there, with 2 different elevator rides, but worth it!

I also burned up some final suite upgrades at BSH just before the program ended, checking out on Feb 27. I still had a few go unused, since my wife and I were also both Platinum FPC, and with the bonus certs given last year, it was more upgrades than my available vacation time allowed. I like your strategy of offering to apply all the remaining certs on a single stay... I didn't think of that!