Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favourite Fairmont Suite Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Same experience here. Are you thinking of the Rungeous Suite on the sixth floor? We've been in there a couple of times (and the one across the hall without, of course, the river view). Also been in one of the honeymoon (turret suites), the suite right above the Rundle Lounge with all the glass in the living room, and the one that's about as long as bowling alley up on nine. Still working on getting into the Presidential Suite and may have to turn up the heat now that the program is dying a slow, painful death.
I have been given the following suites at BSH. There is a tremendous amount of value here.:
  • The true one bedroom suite that has a bathroom at the entrance, then you walk into a large living room, with a non-functional fireplace on the right, and a bar in the corner on the left, and a very large living room in the middle, with a separate lock off bedroom to the right. These are on Floors 3-6, that I am aware of 309/311, 409/411 etc (if memory serves me correct)
  • Vice Regal Suite (My wife likes this one the best)
  • Turret Suite (closest to the tennis courts)
  • Honeymoon Suite (a different turret suite closest to the river/STW)
  • Spa Suite (beside the spa entrance)
  • "Bowling alley" suite on 9 (haha nice name)
  • The suite above Rundle Lounge with glass living room
  • The Jr. suite where you walk in to a landing area and then go down a few stairs and have bedroom on right and living room on left
  • One bedroom suite in Stanley Thompson wing (although I don't stay in STW anymore)
  • Classic one bedroom suite which is just two rooms with a hole in the wall (blah)
Now I need that damn penthouse unicorn!!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Used at the Fairmont Singapore - upgraded to penthouse, though even the standard one-bedroom suites look great and include lounge access, which was easily one of the best Fairmont lounges I’ve experienced.

A close second is the Peace Hotel in Shanghai. Very large one-bedroom suite with two bathrooms. Also received lounge access, but I don’t think that’s standard.

The only property where I somewhat regretted using the certificate was the Waterfront in Vancouver, though I’m not a fan of that property in any room category.

Sad this program is ending...
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, FPC Plat
This thread is making me want another few years of FPC to cover a few more on the list! For us we loved the upgraded suite we had at the Fairmont San Francisco. We had 5 nights in a main building balcony suite and loved lounging outside with a more or less panorama view of SF.

A close second was in Singapore. No specialty suite, but the regular suite we had was great as was the lounge and service.
ptownca likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Trying to remember the suites I have had. I think the best use of the upgrade was to the Ocean Front Suite at the Orchid. Worst was the Kea Lani. They took two of my certs to upgrade from a Mountain View Suite to an Ocean View. Other highly recommended uses - Singapore, even though I did not get the Penthouse, and the Peace Hotel in Shanghai (twice) - very large two bedroom suite with two bathrooms and lounge access both times and a member of the lounge staff showed me to the roof where you could sit and watch the action on the Bund. I have also used certs at the Chateau Laurier a few times and was upgraded to a suite with a quirky layout but with two bathrooms. Suite in Washington was nice too if I recall. I will miss FPC!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE
i got the governor generals suite at the Royal York. Two full bedrooms with attached bathrooms, an entrance foyer with wet bar, a living room with fireplace etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.