Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Existing or Proposed Fairmont locations: The Wishlist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Even with the merger ongoing, there are locations that would benefit from a Fairmont, there are also hotels I have visited that have the "Fairmont" look and feel.

This thread is for existing hotels that could fit in the Fairmont Family or cities that could use one. Please exclude exFairmonts, as it is unlikely they would ever return to the brand.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:51 am
Original Poster

The Millenium Biltmore in Downtown Los Angeles really feels like a Fairmont.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Biltmore_Hotel

I have stayed here on 3 occasions over the years and the common spaces are just exquisite with a Roaring Thirties look. The hotel even played host to early Academy Award presentations.

There are about 650 hotel rooms, and another 600 leased? condos in the tower. The hotel was sold to Millenium in the 1990s by Regal Hotels. While small touchups have taken place the hotel rooms really show their age and the hotel is in dire need of a 50-100m renovation.

The character, location, and history all feel like this would be a gem in the Fairmont family. Not to mention the growing downtown could use a FM.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:02 pm

I wish they finished the Fairmont Roco Ki. That seemed like an interesting property.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:40 am
Original Poster

@trubador I like your post. There are quite a few "pre-great-recession" Fairmonts that never came to be. I'll try to post links/references, but here are a few

Palm Springs
Maldives
Morocco
Muscat, Oman
Punta Cana, DR (Roco Ki)
Algarve, Portugal (Recent)
Sochi, Russia (Had quite a few planned, not all opened?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.