Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
So long Chase.
Please elaborate.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Please elaborate.
It's an open question as to what will happen with the Chase Visa card.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I may want to book an Accor property next spring. I don't know if FPC status will get me anything by then...? This could tip the scale as to whether I book an Accor property or something else, so it would be in their interest to do more cross-marketing/benefits.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I may want to book an Accor property next spring. I don't know if FPC status will get me anything by then...?
IMO, doubtful. But who knows?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's an open question as to what will happen with the Chase Visa card.
FWIW, the shortcut to status with the Canadian Amex Plat was one of the key benefits for me. I thought that it was worth most of the (after-travel rebate) cost. Now, I have 0 stays and won't go out of my way to get Fairmont status until I know more. If there isn't a similar benefit added next year (don't know what that would be) then I might drop it.

Dr. PITUK
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:32 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

2017 will remain FPC, 2018 will be the new program.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:29 pm

Today was the first time I've used it, but one thing Accor brings to the table is a search engine that's 50x better than Fairmont's.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
2017 will remain FPC, 2018 will be the new program.
Do you know this for a fact?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I bet Accorhotels is today closely monitoring the progress of the SPG and Marriot Loyalty program mergers.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I bet Accorhotels is today closely monitoring the progress of the SPG and Marriot Loyalty program mergers.
I thought the same. The fact that Marriott is "stalling" the frequent guest programs merger, while allowing a form of status match between the programs is an interesting path, and appears to be in line with what some have been asking on this forum: Don't touch FPC, but allow for some form of reciprocal benefits/status match in ClubAccor
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: Lotz
What about the Plaza and the Savoy in this merger? My understanding is these top two are not really Fairmont but just Fairmont managed.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by tassojunior
What about the Plaza and the Savoy in this merger? My understanding is these top two are not really Fairmont but just Fairmont managed.
I don't know of any hotels that Fairmont ownss (although I am sure there are some) Most are simply Fairmont managed. EI. Oxford, through the Ontario Teachers Pension, owns the majority of the western Canadian resort hotels.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I don't know of any hotels that Fairmont ownss (although I am sure there are some) Most are simply Fairmont managed. EI. Oxford, through the Ontario Teachers Pension, owns the majority of the western Canadian resort hotels.
The press release on the purchase indicates that of the 115 properties managed by FRHI, only 1 of them is owned by the group. I don't know which one it is.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:38 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
The press release on the purchase indicates that of the 115 properties managed by FRHI, only 1 of them is owned by the group. I don't know which one it is.

Even this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...roperties.html doesnt give any clues
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Lotz
Even though most properties in chains are independently-owned, the Plaza and Savoy are not even branded as Fairmonts and there seems to be a more distant connection. They could easily float out of this combination.

Chase already doesn't list the Fairmont card on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.