Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I got the survey too. I was VERY clear that the Presidents Club must stay. I think I also said: "I will never stay in an Accor hotel if the Fairmont Presidents Club is terminated" :-)
This very much this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Did I make myself clear or what? Lol

Name:  Captvcsfevvure.PNG
Views: 972
Size:  22.3 KB
totti likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
So no recognition of my Accor Platinum in a Fairmont...

But it's the Banff Springs... ;-)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Update from Accor's Chris Cahill (previous with Fairmont) who is the now in charge of Accor Hotel's Global Luxury Division:

"The Fairmont Presidents’ Club (FPC) is one of the biggest Accor programs associated with FRHI. The Fairmont Program is a pure recognition program and has very strong penetration. Accor’s program is called Le Club Accor. It’s a rewards program similar to most of the other hotel reward programs you are familiar with. We’re going to merge those two programs, but the intention, the objective and the strategy is that we don’t want to lose the recognition elements built into the Fairmont Presidents’ Club. We’re going to expand those benefits, or the recognition element, into the rest of the luxury and upper-upscale group. That will happen sometime towards the middle or latter half of next year. It takes time to work the technology through and make the integration. We currently have about 35 million members in Le Club Accor and three or four million in the FPC program."

http://www.hoteliermagazine.com/chri...xury-division/
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Interesting, but I don't get the difference between recognition and rewards.
Doesn't FPC give you complimentary night certs which are essentially rewards? Along with the other certificates (upgrades, food/bev credit)...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Interesting, but I don't get the difference between recognition and rewards.
Doesn't FPC give you complimentary night certs which are essentially rewards? Along with the other certificates (upgrades, food/bev credit)...
It's indeed not entirely black and white, but the basic distinction is that:

1) rewards programs let you earn points and redeem those points (essentially resulting in a discount for your stays), in some cases you may also get some benefits during your stays

2) recognition programs are more about enhacing your stay, and less about giving you a discount

In a way, Accor and Fairmont couldn't be more different since Accor not only has a points-based system, but those points have a fixed value, so excl. any promotions you get a 4%-8% discount for your stays depending on your status level.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Expect FPC to be decimated. Good Bye Fairmont.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:35 pm

Dumb. Fpc in going to balloon to 40 million people. Good luck trying to redeem certs with that volume.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I'll still stay at Fairmonts when it makes sense (and because I do objectively like some of the properties and their locations - Savoy and Miramar in Santa Monica come to mind immediately) - but it will make me less likely to make it a higher consideration. I guess it's a good thing that my first and last year as Fairmont Platinum will probably be a year where I will have the opportunity to stay at many Fairmont properties...
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
There are a couple of encouraging pieces from that article.

The Fairmont Presidents’ Club (FPC) is one of the biggest Accor programs associated with FRHI. The Fairmont Program is a pure recognition program and has very strong penetration. Accor’s program is called Le Club Accor. It’s a rewards program similar to most of the other hotel reward programs you are familiar with.
Clearly, Mr. Cahill has a clear awareness of the difference between the two programs.

We’re going to merge those two programs, but the intention, the objective and the strategy is that we don’t want to lose the recognition elements built into the Fairmont Presidents’ Club. We’re going to expand those benefits, or the recognition element, into the rest of the luxury and upper-upscale group.
That almost sounds like there will be different channels within the new Le Club program. I was wondering how they will make one program fit all brands, and maybe they way they will make it fit, is to do different things with different brands.

RC: Are loyalty programs evolving?

CC: It’s different customers — the higher up you go in the value chain, the recognition elements are very important. Which is why FPC has been able to do as well as it has, because the technology is all integrated between the property-management system, the reservation system, the data warehouse, the profiles, et cetera. You’re able to get a much better understanding of the individual needs of the consumer. At the luxury tier, that’s as important, or more important than, points and rewards. But there are also different consumers with different attitudes to that, and therefore, you want to try to cater to all customers.
Again, he has a clear understanding of the problem, and it doesn't sound like it will just be one big melting pot program to cover everything.

RC: If I’m looking at Fairmont, who are the core customers?

CC: Those things generally don’t move around very much by brand. In the case of Fairmont, for example, you have such a big resort component, you end up with a lot of leisure. Even in the urban hotels, you have a place like the Royal York, that has been around for decades, and therefore has always been the choice of leisure for people over a period of time. And so, the mix of male, female, age —I find it interesting because the demographics have gone away in the last 15 to 20 years and it’s really about psychographics.
I put myself into this group. My stays are all leisure, and at least according to Cahill, that's fairly typical at Fairmont right now. The needs of business travellers and vacationers are very different. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Bottom line, there are different groups, and they have to figure out how to cater to all of them. If the demographics of the guests are a little different by hotel brand, then having variations within they loyalty program for the different segments is a good direction.

On one side, you have people travelling into town for business, racking up tons of cheap nights spending $250 for a room, and collecting their 'points'. There are people like me, who maybe only stay up to 30 nights per year, but spend $1,000+ on each night, and whose main purpose is enjoying the place. If Accor does this right, they can retain both groups. They also have the potential to sour both groups if they get it wrong.
Brendan and ptownca like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: ALL
One of the biggest upcoming projects Frid identified is integrating Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel into AccorHotels’ loyalty program, which will officially launch next year.

Fairmont did have its own loyalty program, President’s Club, which relied on gathering guest data and delivering thoughtfully against it, Frid said. He added it’s important not only to get the back-of-house technology correct during integration, but also to make sure guests and owners maintain their sense of connection.

“Our objective and plan and reassurance to guests is that they’ll have (the connections they had with Fairmont’s loyalty program) and get rewards on top of that, which makes people feel good,” he said. “From an owner perspective, they don’t want to suddenly see (the loyalty program) become generic in nature,” so we’re making sure transitions are seamless, he said.

While Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel will integrate into AccorHotels’ rewards program, Frid said there’s plenty from the Fairmont DNA in AccorHotels’ luxury division, which launched in 2016.

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/Articles...or-in-Americas
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
With plans for Accor to integrate the FRHI loyalty programs next year, they are doing some strange things.

Today, I received a package in the mail, postmarked from Zurich, with a membership card for Eleva status in Swissotel Circle. Expiration date is Sept 2019. I've stayed in a Swissotel, one time over two years ago in Geneva in the Metropole (nice hotel, BTW) which went independent right after the Accor purchase was announced. I credited my stay to FPC. The welcome package includes a nice letter stating that "based on the frequency of my stays at Swissotel", I am being given Eleva status (which requires 20 nights in the past 12 months). Huh? This seems to be the opposite of Accor program integration.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:09 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
As of 2 July 2018 the Fairmont President's Club will cease to exist (the same goes for the Swissotel Circle). Both programmes will be folded into Le Club Accorhotels.

What does this mean to FPC members? Members will be transferred into Le Club in July. Platinum members will become Le Club Platinum members, Premier will be Silver, Club will be standard members. The "nights stayed" count will transfer to Le Club in July and contribute to status in Le Club. However points will only accrue from July. Suite certificates can be used up beyond July.

Existing Fairmont perks such as Fairmont Fit, discounts etc. will continue as before.

What does this mean for Le Club members? You will be able to earn and redeem points, and receive status related perks at all former FRHI hotels. This includes: early/late check in, welcome drink, upgrade (subject to availability), welcome amenity, free wifi. Lounge access for Platinum members will apply to Swissotel (where available) but does not include the Fairmont Gold Service (unless of course booked, including with points). Any stays at former FRHI hotels from January will contribute to your "night count" but no points will be accrued until 2 July.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank-U, Starflyergold! But may we please have a source?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Brendan
Oh-so-thank-U, Starflyergold! But may we please have a source?
Check your email for the personalized version of the following:

http://fpcmembersite.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.