Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy $250 Fairmont GC, receive $50 GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:14 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, you bought $10K ($2K x 5) worth of GC? that's a lot of stays
That'll get you only ~20 nights in San Francisco on most weekdays!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (LT Gold), United 1K
If I booked my room through a 3rd party website (in my case, skoosh.com), could I still use these gift cards to settle my bill?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
I purchased a measly $250 and have yet to receive an email.

Shows as pending via Chase. Checked spam.

Any cause for concern?

EDIT*** Just received, about 90min after order. 2x (250 & 50) receipts, 2x (250 & 50) GC links.

Last edited by rivlinm; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mooses41
If I booked my room through a 3rd party website (in my case, skoosh.com), could I still use these gift cards to settle my bill?
Should be no problem. I've had prolonged checkouts at the UAE properties due to multiple GC's and FX rates. Really it just came down to the front desk having no clue how to process and having to wait for an auditor to show up.

But were on bookings other than through FM.com

I'll be using mine in Baku and Kiev on 3rd party bookings.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I haven't received my emails either. It's been 40 min.

Originally Posted by rivlinm
I purchased a measly $250 and have yet to receive an email.

Shows as pending via Chase. Checked spam.

Any cause for concern?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, you bought $10K ($2K x 5) worth of GC? that's a lot of stays
I've already got booked 3 nights at Montreux this summer. Then have 6 nights booked for Tremblant, 6 nights at Whistler and 6 at Banff, all in gold suites/jr. suites next Jan and Feb. Then add meals, spa, ski lift tickets, etc... and it adds up quickly.

All of my e-mails have now come through. The first batch took about 10 minutes, the last ones took nearly an hour. Their system might be overloaded at the moment. At least I didn't get any fraud holds this time.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:10 pm

Smile

Everything worked out very well - even for me as a newbie - they accepted my german creditcard without any issues... Received the giftcards after 25min..

Thanks Rkintx for bringing this up!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Did get an "unable to complete your order" email response, but purchased again and everything went through swimmingly!

All the upcoming GCs purchased were for known stays in the future .. now I'm deciding if its good to have a stockpile for next year as well.

EDIT: Also, thanks again to Rkintx for calling this out!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I've already got booked 3 nights at Montreux this summer. Then have 6 nights booked for Tremblant, 6 nights at Whistler and 6 at Banff, all in gold suites/jr. suites next Jan and Feb. Then add meals, spa, ski lift tickets, etc... and it adds up quickly.

All of my e-mails have now come through. The first batch took about 10 minutes, the last ones took nearly an hour. Their system might be overloaded at the moment. At least I didn't get any fraud holds this time.
Question: How do you manage all of these Gift Cards?

Do you keep them electronic, or print them? What is easiest way to for the hotel's to 'receive' them? Paper or electronic?

Can I add them to my Fairmont Account?

I just bought 2x $2,000 Gift Cards, and about an hour later they showed up along with a bunch of the $50 cards.

I have about 15 nights booked over the next 6 months. I may go back and buy another $1,000.

20% discount? I'll take it!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Do you keep them electronic, or print them? What is easiest way to for the hotel's to 'receive' them? Paper or electronic?
I save the digital PDFs in dropbox (and notate the value remaining via the file name), but even that was a pain for the Palm in DXB. They insisted I have a physical card despite them only being electronic and coming directly from FM's vendor. Eventually they conceded, but needed to take my phone back to the auditor as the barcode was on there and they couldn't seem to receive my email with an attachment.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
all these $50 gift cards are gonna be a pain for redemption during check out

mine came thru too but took a while, calling them bumped me up the queue and i got the first email 30 seconds later, then the 4 bonuses trickled in 20 minutes after
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:11 pm

i bought $2k worth, im good to go. I agree the 8 bonus cards are a handful to mange, but ill make it work.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I missed this one by 20 min
Will have to wait for the Cyber Monday sale I believe...
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Can I add them to my Fairmont Account?

I just bought 2x $2,000 Gift Cards, and about an hour later they showed up along with a bunch of the $50 cards.

I have about 15 nights booked over the next 6 months. I may go back and buy another $1,000.

20% discount? I'll take it!
I keep PDFs of all of them, and take printed copies with me to the hotel. I also register all of the cards in my account at fairmontgiftcard.com right after receiving them, and have my name printed across all of them, so there's no argument that they're my cards should the hotel mix something up or misplace them. So far, I haven't had any problems.

I apply most of them to my account upon check-in so I'm not carrying around the paper copies, and then I have the front desk print a statement showing the prepaid balance on my room.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Damn can't believe I missed this. I currently live at the Fairmont, would have been nice to get the 20% savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.