Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy $250 Fairmont GC, receive $50 GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Buy $250 Fairmont GC, receive $50 GC: June 24 (1-4pm EST)

#FairmontMoments one day sale on June 24th from 1pm to 4pm EST.
Buy $250 in Fairmont Hotels electronic gift cards and receive a $50 gift card free.

Found on Fairmont Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels?fref=nf

Last edited by Rkintx; Jun 18, 2015 at 11:58 am Reason: Add date & time of offer
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Excellent! I've put a reminder in my calendar.

I liked it better last time when it was buy $500 and get $100 back, since this means making more purchase transactions. I recall having to call Amex a couple of times to unlock my account when the gift card purchases were flagged by their fraud detection systems.

I've got about $10K in booked reservations, so this could take me most of Wednesday buying gift cards. For a 17% discount on everything, it will be time well spent.

Thanks for posting ^

EDIT - after reading through the comments on Facebook, it seems I can just purchase several $250 cards in a single purchase transaction. That should make it easier. I don't know why I didn't do that last time, unless last time that actually had to be separate purchase transactions.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Jun 17, 2015 at 4:41 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I'm assuming this can't be used at Raffles hotel right?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
For those who bought them last year, did they show up as Fairmont transactions and earn 5x points with the Fairmont Chase Visa?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:21 pm

I don't have a Chase Visa (although I would love it if Canadian residents were able to), but it did not show as a Fairmont transaction on my card. The merchant was "Buyatab" and appeared as "EGIFT CARD888 267 0447 VANCOUVER" on my statement.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I don't have a Chase Visa (although I would love it if Canadian residents were able to), but it did not show as a Fairmont transaction on my card. The merchant was "Buyatab" and appeared as "EGIFT CARD888 267 0447 VANCOUVER" on my statement.
What card did you use? A Chase card?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
If I remember correctly from the last time...you need to purchase the gift cards ONE AT A TIME in order to receive a bonus for each purchased e-card. If you buy multiple e-cards in a single purchase you will only receive ONE bonus card for the entire purchase.
I found that out the hard way last time.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:37 am

OP should change title to include June 24 1-4pm EST

Still debating if I need one... ha
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by TravelStar
If I remember correctly from the last time...you need to purchase the gift cards ONE AT A TIME in order to receive a bonus for each purchased e-card. If you buy multiple e-cards in a single purchase you will only receive ONE bonus card for the entire purchase.
Same here.
Last year I used my Chase Fairmont Visa card. No Fairmont bonus points were awarded.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by TravelStar
That's my concern as well. However, Fairmont did post on Facebook that you just need to purchase individual $250 cards, but multiple cards can be purchased in the same shopping cart transaction, and will qualify. I would expect the Facebook team is a legitimate source of info, since that's the only means by which they seem to have even mentioned this promo.

I'm not going to be very pleased if I have to split up my purchases into 40 separate transactions.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:35 am

Perhaps a silly question but how do you purchase the gift certificates. I want to be ready to buy some next Wednesday.

Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by SometimeTraveler
Perhaps a silly question but how do you purchase the gift certificates. I want to be ready to buy some next Wednesday.

Thanks
https://fairmontgiftcard.com/consumer/main/home.py
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
1) I live in the US and wish to purchase a gift card in USD to avoid a foreign transaction fee on a specific card. Will I be penalized somehow if I use this to pay for a hotel in Canada (i.e. some odd conversion fee)?

2) Anyone have any experience on whether or not this posts as travel to earn 2x on the Chase Sapphire Preferred card?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:26 am

Hi all,

sorry to post a newbie question as I am totally new to this and living in Europe:

Just to be sure: from 1pm to 4pm EST means Eastern Standard Times,(i.e. 5 hours behind UTC)?

I will stay @Fairmont Kea Lani in August and have to purchase breakfast buffet for me and my family. Can I use these giftcards to purchase the breakfast when I will check-out?

Thx in advance for your help
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Genesis321
Just to be sure: from 1pm to 4pm EST means Eastern Standard Times,(i.e. 5 hours behind UTC)?
Correct. Or "Toronto local time" if that's easier.

Originally Posted by Genesis321

I will stay @Fairmont Kea Lani in August and have to purchase breakfast buffet for me and my family. Can I use these giftcards to purchase the breakfast when I will check-out?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.