Wiki Posts
Search

Certs combined with promo packages?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Certs combined with promo packages?

I was looking at the new San Diego property. They have a welcome package that includes breakfast for two daily for a Fairmont room rate of $495. The same room without package is $495. Question: Can one use free nite, room upgrade, or suite certs with a promo package?
Old May 20, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Generally, yes. There are some deeply discounted rates, such as the Great Rates Great Dates promos where you cannot combine certificates. Otherwise, as long as you're not staying during a blackout period at that property, you may use your certificates.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Generally, yes. There are some deeply discounted rates, such as the Great Rates Great Dates promos where you cannot combine certificates. Otherwise, as long as you're not staying during a blackout period at that property, you may use your certificates.
I would slightly disagree with this:

While one can generally use room and suite uppgrade certs, the free night certs technically only get you a free night.

IME Fairmont now often argues that free night certs cannot be combined with "packages" (which indeed is mentioned in the T&C) or make it clear that you won't receive any benefits on the night you're using the cert (the latter isn't unreasonable, though many Fairmont properties didn't use to enforce this, especially if it concerned one out of four nights, for instance)
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Can you combine Amex FHR fourth night free with a third night free certificate at selected Fairmont properties? I don't mind not getting the FHR benefits, but it could be an excellent deal if it is possible.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by aviationp
Can you combine Amex FHR fourth night free with a third night free certificate at selected Fairmont properties? I don't mind not getting the FHR benefits, but it could be an excellent deal if it is possible.
Both Orchid and Kea Lani refused to allow the free night cert on a FHR booking last year. Said it could not be used with packages.

They were 5 night bookings, I should have booked 4 with FHR and one direct to use the free night.

Kea Lani also called back after booking at told FHR that the 4th night free wasn't available on the standard view, only on a higher category. It negated the avantage of the free night completely.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:31 pm
chp

Programs: BAEC Silver
A further question on this topic: can room / suite upgrade certificates (not free night) be combined with the "PMXX" Amex complimentary night + $25 credit rate? I seem to find conflicting information as to whether this is possible when I search.

If it is possible to combine them, what is the best way to book this rate and apply a certificate? Is it possible to book the PMXX rate online then contact the hotel directly to apply the upgrade?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chp
A further question on this topic: can room / suite upgrade certificates (not free night) be combined with the "PMXX" Amex complimentary night + $25 credit rate? I seem to find conflicting information as to whether this is possible when I search.

If it is possible to combine them, what is the best way to book this rate and apply a certificate? Is it possible to book the PMXX rate online then contact the hotel directly to apply the upgrade?
Yes, you can definitely use a room upgrade cert or a suite upgrade cert with a PMXX booking. (I'm not aware of anyone reporting any issues; if I missed a report, could you kindly provide a link? Or is there a chance you're referring to the use of free night certs with the Amex rate? That indeed appears to not work most of the time)

You could either call FPC and make the booking or you could book online. Either way, you can contact FPC or the hotel directly to apply the upgrade cert.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:14 am
chp

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, you can definitely use a room upgrade cert or a suite upgrade cert with a PMXX booking. (I'm not aware of anyone reporting any issues; if I missed a report, could you kindly provide a link? Or is there a chance you're referring to the use of free night certs with the Amex rate? That indeed appears to not work most of the time)

You could either call FPC and make the booking or you could book online. Either way, you can contact FPC or the hotel directly to apply the upgrade cert.
Thanks for your reply. I have indeed read that the free night certs don't work with the PMXX Amex rates.

I was wondering about the upgrade certificates with this rate because when I read the rate's T&Cs they said:

Offer valid for new bookings only, is not applicable to group bookings and cannot be combined with other offers.
I thought that this perhaps meant that certificates couldn't be used with it. I'm happy to take your reassurance to the contrary, though!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Can the 3rd night free cert be used in conjunction with paid stays booked thru an online travel agency? For example, can I book 2 nights via Expedia and then call the Concierge line to add the 3rd night free to my reservation?

Or do you have to call the Concierge line to book the paid stays and redeem the 3rd night free cert at the same time?

Asking because the Fairmont Orchid is currently much more expensive on the Fairmont.com website than on OTA websites (nearly $200/night difference). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by copilot5
Can the 3rd night free cert be used in conjunction with paid stays booked thru an online travel agency? For example, can I book 2 nights via Expedia and then call the Concierge line to add the 3rd night free to my reservation?

Or do you have to call the Concierge line to book the paid stays and redeem the 3rd night free cert at the same time?

Asking because the Fairmont Orchid is currently much more expensive on the Fairmont.com website than on OTA websites (nearly $200/night difference). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
If you call Fairmont, they will price match the OTA website, as long as you pre-pay and make it a non-refundable booking
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
CanuckFlyHigh;25221156]If you call Fairmont, they will price match the OTA website, as long as you pre-pay and make it a non-refundable booking[/QUOTE]

This is interesting to learn. Is this always the case in terms of non refundable and pre paid even if the OTA does not require it?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by ptownca
CanuckFlyHigh;25221156]If you call Fairmont, they will price match the OTA website, as long as you pre-pay and make it a non-refundable booking
This is interesting to learn. Is this always the case in terms of non refundable and pre paid even if the OTA does not require it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Fairmont will only price-match with a non-refundable prepaid rate no matter what the policy is on the OTA site.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by aviationp
the citi prestige 4th free also comes to mind. Looks like I'll have to do an experiment on this. I'm most interested in using teh 3rd night free certificate.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
the citi prestige 4th free also comes to mind. Looks like I'll have to do an experiment on this. I'm most interested in using teh 3rd night free certificate.
Any update on this? I was thinking the same thing but cannot find any real datapoints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.