Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Certificates loaded!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Hmmm girlfriend didn't get her certs loaded, but she only has Premier status via the CC, maybe that gets loaded on Sunday?

Went with:
-DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE
-SUITE UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATE
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Hmmm girlfriend didn't get her certs loaded, but she only has Premier status via the CC, maybe that gets loaded on Sunday?

Went with:
-DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE
-SUITE UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATE
Doubtful. My wife has the same setup and her certs are there.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: CX, Marriott
Originally Posted by achow
can anyone comment on the local authentic food and experience in US and Canada?
I used it at Oru at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver just a few days ago, it was for 2 entrees off.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 pm

I picked DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE and GIft card.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process the gift card?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
For people who have picked $50 gift card, is there an expiry date? In Ontario, there is legislation preventing the expiry of gift cards. Wondering if that applies to electronic gift cards. If there is an expiry date, could one argue that this is not allowed?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by whatthe
I picked DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE and GIft card.
Me too!

I did the local dish at Lake Louise last year. They had an awful time redeeming it at the restaurant and ended up not redeeming it all in the end. I don't remember what it was actually all I remember it was great because it was FREE I think it was some type of ridiculously fatty and delicious ice cream....but won't bet on it!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
For people who have picked $50 gift card, is there an expiry date? In Ontario, there is legislation preventing the expiry of gift cards. Wondering if that applies to electronic gift cards. If there is an expiry date, could one argue that this is not allowed?
No expiry date. Even the Fairmont gift card promotional video that always seems to play on the Fairmont channel in the guest rooms specifically mentions that they never expire.

When you view the balance at fairmontgiftcard.com, it also shows there is no expiry date.

Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks CanadaDH!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
I dont reccommend ALDE certs

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Choose 2 of the following:

AUTHENTICALLY LOCAL FOOD EXPERIENCE FOR TWO
Treat yourself and a guest to an authentically local food experience and taste the fresh and seasonal dishes your destination has to offer. Upon confirming your selection, an e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE
Relax in the spa or embark on a culinary journey with a $100 USD e-certificate to use towards your choice of lunch, dinner or a Willow Stream Spa treatment. Upon confirming your selection, your e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

ROOM UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATES
Enhance two of your Fairmont stays with room upgrades. Upon confirming your selection, two e-certificates will be added to your online profile.

SUITE UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATE
Enjoy the Suite Life. Create your next memorable experience by upgrading to a suite at your favourite Fairmont Hotel. Upon confirming your selection, an e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

FAIRMONT ELECTRONIC GIFT CARD
A memorable way to celebrate any occasion! Treat yourself or someone you love to a $50 USD Fairmont electronic gift card. Just like a Fairmont Gift Card, you can use this e-certificate towards dining, shopping or leisure activities at over 60 locations worldwide.
Last week I had an authentic local dining experience from Fairmont Monte Carlo. This must be the most inconsitent offering! The front desk and restaurant had never seen one of these before (even though I personally used one 6 months before!) Last time it got us a 3 course meal for 2. This time I had to wait AN HOUR in reception whilst they eventually said each certificate has a $ value of I think it was $80 (plse dont quote me here) therefore I had to argue the case that my mains which I had been assured by the restaurant were fine to book and which came to 78 euros would be covered. After an hour they decided to grant me the "free meal" but this was an unpleasant hour of my holiday wasted.

There was also a kafuffle about them not understanding why they should not redeem 2 vouchers for the meal- one for each person ARRGH (it clearly states for 2!)

This year I am going for the $100. I would never want to go through an hour of embarrassment and pain at their reception again (even though the staff were very nice to me it was just a pain in the a**e)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Wow, what an ordeal! CanfordCliffs, thanks for sharing your story. I enjoy learning about the practice as well as the theory of how hotels operate.

Fairmont has dozens (and not hundreds or thousands) of properties, so communicating policies to staff should be straightforward. Yet we know it isn't. I was denied a previously arranged and phone confirmed FPC Plat early checkin just last week, with the FPC front desk staff claiming there was no such benefit!

I also appreciate CanadaDH's explanation of the $50 gift card amenity. It appeals to me, but I suspect redemption could be a headache, so like others I also opted for the Dining E-Cert and Suite upgrade this year.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, USAir Gold
Authentically Local Food Experience at YVR was amazing in February 15. Burned last year's cert there just ahead of the wire.

Chef came out and asked what I liked and then prepped a 3 course meal for 2. And this was before, the new Cert loaded as "for 2". (a change this year as it was just for "one")

In the distant past, this cert offered only was an app or some other "oh God, do we really have to do this" type of dish. YVR blew me away. We were all, quite honestly, in shock.

That said, with our schedule this year, I took the extra 100$ and Suite UG.

Regret it a bit....
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Anyone's certificates not post yet?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AS,UA
I cancelled my Credit Card just the other day, my renewal is in April, will I lose my Certs?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: DL FO, WN AL
Originally Posted by jgsx
Anyone's certificates not post yet?
Mine haven't. I'm premier by credit card only though. I'm going to give it a few more days and then inquire. Planning on using the 3rd night and suite upgrades on my July honeymoon so hopefully they will post soon. Want to get that part of the trip finalized.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:58 pm

I have not seen my certs get published yet.

Prior to the expiration of the previous year certs I asked when 2015's would get published, and the e-mail said March 1st. It looks like there must be an issue with the system that loads them for me at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.