Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the Amex rates go?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:11 am

The page is 'blank' now, i.e. no offers showing. I wonder if they have worked out there was a problem.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Mevad
The page is 'blank' now, i.e. no offers showing. I wonder if they have worked out there was a problem.
I noticed that too when making a booking last night. However, I used the "PMXX" discount code and I was able to book using the Amex promo rate. It returned rates under the heading "AMEX Annual General Offer – Comp 4th night & $25 hotel credit per stay".

I wish they'd get their site working properly.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I noticed that too when making a booking last night. However, I used the "PMXX" discount code and I was able to book using the Amex promo rate. It returned rates under the heading "AMEX Annual General Offer – Comp 4th night & $25 hotel credit per stay".

I wish they'd get their site working properly.
Agreed.

No luck with PMXX for me (Scottsdale, August) PMXP still working.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

It looks like the Amex rates are back again, but they seem to be posted at a new link...

http://www.fairmont.com/americas/axp-canada/

The deal seems to be the same, as does the promotion code.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:32 am

To be honest, it seems cheaper to book with their "everyone's original offer" deal. Most are 3rd night free instead of 4th night free. Right now the promo is only for stay until the end of April, but I think they offer it almost all the time:
http://www.fairmont.com/promo/winter2/mchb/index.html
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ayz75
To be honest, it seems cheaper to book with their "everyone's original offer" deal. Most are 3rd night free instead of 4th night free. Right now the promo is only for stay until the end of April, but I think they offer it almost all the time:
http://www.fairmont.com/promo/winter2/mchb/index.html
The Everyone's An Original offers are often better, but it depends on the property. However, the advantage of the Amex rates is that they're available all the time, and they're fully refundable with no deposit. They're a great rate to book when you're planning in advance, and you can always switch to the Everyone's An Original deal when it opens for the period you want to book for.

That being said, it's not always a better deal, because the base rates can increase over time. I'll give you an example. I stayed at Tremblant in January, and booked the reservation the previous August using the Amex rates. By the time the Everyone's An Original Winter offer came out, the base rates had increased so much that even with a higher discount, it wouldn't have been as good as the Amex rate I had booked months earlier. I ended up booking a Gold room for $199/night on the Amex rates. That same room would have been $299/night with the Everyone's An Original rate at the time the promotion was released a few months later.

Remember also that the Everyone's An Original rates require a non-refundable deposit.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:48 pm

Thanks for the explanation - I didn't pay attention to the fine prints about cancellation, so that makes sense!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:10 am

Does anyone know if this promotion is (will be) running this year? I haven't seen anythingon the site.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:14 am

I just tried PMXX, (one of the codes last year) - 3rd night free+ $25 came up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.