Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savoy to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
We used a cab service for about 50 pounds. We had to leave before 6 am so the Picadilly line wasn't an option as it was too early based on our needs. You could ride in style and pay the hotel to pick you up in the Rolls Royce. The service charges per hour so you'll have to inquire about the rates directly with the hotel. We took a ride in the Rolls to Westminster Abbey. The Rolls is definitely first class.
How much was a ride in the Rolls?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AM6449
How much was a ride in the Rolls?
Complimentary for myself. I think it was clerical oversight.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Complimentary for myself. I think it was clerical oversight.
That's great ^ I actually called once to ask what they had as a "hotel car" and was told they didn't have one... (Which seemed a bit surprising), but now I know!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Just got back from the Savoy. I ended up not taking the tube. One of our bags was 70lbs, and I just didn't want to bother lugging that around on transit. Funny, we weren't nearly that heavy going over--must have been too much shopping in Paris and London.

I ended up using justairports.com for the transfer. Total cost was 36 GBP for an estate car. Nice new vehicle, showed up on time, called just before arrival, and got us there on time.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Just got back from the Savoy. I ended up not taking the tube. One of our bags was 70lbs, and I just didn't want to bother lugging that around on transit. Funny, we weren't nearly that heavy going over--must have been too much shopping in Paris and London.

I ended up using justairports.com for the transfer. Total cost was 36 GBP for an estate car. Nice new vehicle, showed up on time, called just before arrival, and got us there on time.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I was very happy with my ride with them yesterday, too!!!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. 70 lbs---you must
have loved shopping. A person after my own heart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.